The Advertiser - What a Newspaper

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was just looking through the Adelaide Now website, read an article on the Wayne Carey saga, and once again the accuracy of the fac finding was startling, I think they might have got it down to the exact decade, amazing!

Ex-wife stands by Carey
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23147619-5006301,00.html

Sally Carey declined to comment on his latest scandal but said yesterday, through friends: "What Wayne does in his private life when he doesn't have (daughter) Ella is up to him.

"It has nothing to do with me unless Ella is in his care."

Yesterday a recording of a emergency call to Miami police...

Carey's on-going contact with his ex wife over summer is understood to have added to tensions between the sacked football commentator and his girlfriend.

The former North Melbourne hero and his ex were both guests at the wedding of former Adelaide Crows player Mark Ricciuto on January 19, while Neilsen was left off the invite list.

...The childhood sweethearts, who ended their five-year marriage in 2006 after his affair with the wife of his then Kangaroos teammate Anthony Stevens, were reportedly seated next to each other on the flight to Adelaide for the nuptials last weekend.

The pair, who share custody of two-year-old Ella, were also together at the tot's birthday party in Melbourne.

"Kate went mental when she read he and Sally went to the wedding and she wasn't invited," a friend told The Daily Telegraph yesterday.

Sally's family is understood to have an negotiated uneasy truce with their ex-son-in-law
since his affair with Kelli Stevens was made public two years ago.

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Carey's affair with Stevens made public early 2002, which meant he then played with us in 03/04.

And as an aside, I thought it was startling that he should attend his 2 year old daughters birthday party, how dare he:confused:

Worst newpaper. Up there with the Australian.

Daily Telegraph is a good read, even if it is for New South Welshmen.

I think Adelaide could do with another daily newspaper, either a fairfax or even a West Australian NewPaper's entering the market.

Worst newpaper. Up there with the Australian.

Daily Telegraph is a good read, even if it is for New South Welshmen.

I think Adelaide could do with another daily newspaper, either a fairfax or even a West Australian NewPaper's entering the market.

The Daily Telegraph are you serious???

Having lived in Sydney I thought it was just as bad is not worse than the advertiser.

Went to the surfers paradise for a week or so, and the newsagent stocked all the papers from across the country, including the mercury.

Found that by far the Daily telegraph was a good read, well set out and catered for all subjects.

It was also the only paper to actually give in depth articles about the tour down under.

haha.

did anyone see in the sports section that they had a pic about the crows upcoming season, and the pic they used had darren pfeiffer in it.

Sally stayed with Wayne for a while after that went down. I don't know the specifics, but they may have divorced in 2006. But yeah, the other 'facts' in there are blatantly wrong.

today in the paper there was an advert type thing for Lleyton Hewitt about the sports star of the year award. When it mentioned marital status it said Single.

Not sure if that is true because I remember reading a snippet in a magazine about him getting married. I know it wasnt made out to be a big deal but I am sure that is correct.

today in the paper there was an advert type thing for Lleyton Hewitt about the sports star of the year award. When it mentioned marital status it said Single.

Not sure if that is true because I remember reading a snippet in a magazine about him getting married. I know it wasnt made out to be a big deal but I am sure that is correct.

He married Bec Cartwright in July 2005.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/s...atch-to-hewitts/2005/07/21/1121539092376.html

Gee, they did well to keep out of the spotlight. Didn't even know about that.

If I remember correctly, they didn't allow any TV stations to be present and sold the exclusive pics etc for mega dollars to some women's rag - possibly Woman's Day, as that magazine had the exclusive when baby Hewitt was born (again for mega dollars)

It's refreshing to hear about an honest, down to earth celebrity couple that live their life with no interest in attracting media attention. Kudos Lleyton and Bec. Kudos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the afc website
The Advertiser and Sunday Mail were the only major commercial Adelaide media outlets not to travel with the Crows to Dubai. Channel Seven and Channel Ten also sent crews with the team and radio station FIVEaa has produced its daily sports show from the city and will call Saturday’s game. And Adelaide’s official website afc.com.au has also regularly filed stories, photos and video. All have had technical and logistical issues at some stage this week but have contributed to keeping Adelaide fans informed.

Nice dig there, good job AFC.

And you really couldn't half tell with the three pages of Port crap and the one little column on the Crows in yesterday's rag.

Rucci's back in town, and already he is writing page after page of Port-based dribble starting this week with a virtual exoneration of Port's 119 point record GF thrashing, a huge article on the mighty Tredrea who will be 5 times better this year, to other write-ups on all their teen-age supermen.

In fact the article on Port's internal fkg trial was bigger than the write-up on the overseas official NAB game to be televised and broadcast nationally and internationally.

Well done Advertiser, you B grade rag, well done!! :rolleyes:

I noticed in an on line article that Jade Robran is the daughter of Barrie Robran. Would have come as quite a shock to Barrie and Tammi Robran having a daughter so late in life. I dare say it would have also come as a shock to Rodney Robran losing one.

Checked their new "superfooty site" today and noticed this little gem

They're the pride of South Australia - unless they get walloped by Port Power, that is. This season join our resident Crow, Arking Up, to discuss all things red, yellow and blue.

Um, when have Port ever walloped us? We wallop them, yep that's happened but not them wallop us.

Another well done to the fact checkers at the crapertiser. :rolleyes:

Checked their new "superfooty site" today and noticed this little gem

Um, when have Port ever walloped us? We wallop them, yep that's happened but not them wallop us.

Another well done to the fact checkers at the crapertiser. :rolleyes:

Port Power trying to save face again? 119 pts you Alberton buffons:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back