Status
Not open for further replies.

bystanding backman

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2006
Nathalia
AFL Club
Essendon
Stuffed up the first one hopefully this work. out of the bunch i pick who stands the best chance. feel free to discuss other contenders i'll just pick one from each team.

Re: who stands the best chance out of this lot to win the O'Dwyer medal 08

Stuffed up the first one hopefully this work. out of the bunch i pick who stands the best chance. feel free to discuss other contenders i'll just pick one from each team.
Your list shows you how much trouble Mulwala are in if Lamberti is selected as the cream of the crop!;)

Your list shows you how much trouble Mulwala are in if Lamberti is selected as the cream of the crop!;)

i couldn't really pick who else is left, maybe Paul Banch but i think he's leaving as well

Would you also throw in Michael Roberts? He would be a chance maybe Sean Logie or Lee Warnett also?

sean charles is very fit so will play majority in the midfield... could have a huge season if rumba play good footy

sean charles is very fit so will play majority in the midfield... could have a huge season if rumba play good footy
I think you will find Sean Charles has signed with Tatura, he hadnt signed with Rumba when they said in the paper he had so he cracked the shits is the mail i have been told...

Seems you have already slipped into Toc's opinion on Matt
I dont think he is worthy of being in the poll when players like Logie, Warnett and Roberts miss out... im not having a dig at you though bystanding backman for putting him in there though.

I dont think he is worthy of being in the poll when players like Logie, Warnett and Roberts miss out... im not having a dig at you though bystanding backman for putting him in there though.
i think you'll find i've put Sacco as Finleys choice, for Toc i put Anthony Mellington because he has been probably Toc's Major signing at the moment.

Your right there, who would be your suggestion from Finley then

I think you will find Sean Charles has signed with Tatura, he hadnt signed with Rumba when they said in the paper he had so he cracked the shits is the mail i have been told...
i think it was for the almighty dollar. we can't compete with what tat are offering him and good luck to him. i know that i wouldn't want to play in a team, who will be flogged by 20 goals most weeks and we haven't given up on him yet.

i think you'll find i've put Sacco as Finleys choice, for Toc i put Anthony Mellington because he has been probably Toc's Major signing at the moment.
Ah ok then, well maybe for Finley Ralphy? little fella that plays on the wing, played interleague a couple years ago. But as signings go for them have they picked up anyone other then Sacco??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah ok then, well maybe for Finley Ralphy? little fella that plays on the wing, played interleague a couple years ago. But as signings go for them have they picked up anyone other then Sacco??

Matt's got four of his mates from the EDFL commin up, got no idea what they are like but they are the only one's I've heard of

Think Captains of each side will be well up in the voting, be surprised how many votes can be added with a shake of the hand. (Still need to get a kick, but certainly helps)
On Roberts he has no chance going on last year, kicked bags of 6 and 7 from CHF in winning games and didnt get a vote.

Whyman has given himself the best chance, would be one of his goals this season to win the league medal and has worked extremely hard over the pre-season.

Look out for Rumbalara on baller John Jackson this season didn't look out of place in three VFL practise macthes.

But my moneys on my little cuz Djars.

Late news in other threads I have picked on Moama about there players from Sunbury, After speaking to some of the players from the region they are in agreeance how in the world do you pay $800 per game to a bloke who has not done anything remarkable, he played two's most of last year and according to my sources wasn't anything special Amatuer player in Melb(my source) have said that he is not worth a pich of s**t. This is coming from blokes currently training with these guys please Moama don't expect finals more money than sense in my book. Rule these players out of any chance of medals and stick with Djaran even though I thought he was playing off players who were not experienced enough to stick with him we will see a different footballer (although shows a lot of class) when he plays on some class and hard checking.:cool:

Ease up..................All 4 Sunbury players are proving there value at Moama, Luke can play and you know that.........Kegga is a gun as is Lobby and Rosco, Just remember as a ff he takes the best backman and that frees up Kegga and co, also Moamas ground is small and that makes being a ff hard as most goals are kicked from 40 to 50 out........its not about the individual, its about team, as long as the magpies keep winning then its money well spent.

Just wandering if anyone can tell me how John Harley is going? Good mate of mine that i've never actually seen play.. Looks like his side is travelling pretty nicely at the moment too.

Just wandering if anyone can tell me how John Harley is going? Good mate of mine that i've never actually seen play.. Looks like his side is travelling pretty nicely at the moment too.
in my opinion i would have had him as b.o.g on saturday. very switched on player and was a catalyst in moama's win on the w/e. although hes very lightly built, he is one of the smartest players i have seen play.

in my opinion i would have had him as b.o.g on saturday. very switched on player and was a catalyst in moama's win on the w/e. although hes very lightly built, he is one of the smartest players i have seen play.

second that mate, John harley is an absoloute gun, can turn a game. very underated..... i would say he would be one of the best players in the league

second that mate, John harley is an absoloute gun, can turn a game. very underated..... i would say he would be one of the best players in the league
How did he go on the weekend against some quality opposition????? Can't wait to see him in action if he is "one of the best players in the league". Two weeks running against quality will definitely tell where he stands under this status!:eek:

Here is my take on the favorites from each club to poll well at the O'Dwyer Medal vote count this year. This is only my take on it, so if anyone has any changes, feel free to comment:

Moama - Djaren Whyman, Cameron McCabe
Barooga - Sean Harrap, Zane Goodwin
Nathalia - Drew Barnes, Matt Davies
Rumbalara - John Jackson, Tim Higgins
Tongala - Adam Brunt, Daryl Harrison
Numurkah - Linc Wellington, Mark Brown
Deniliquin Rams - Tim Holobowski, Brad Robson
Cobram - Simon Rudd, Toby Parish
Tocumwal - Lee Warnett, Jarrod Kelly
Echuca United - Duane Hueston, Nick Jackson
Mulwala - Ty Primmer, Leight Howroyd
Congupna - Eamon Reeves, Shannon Emmett
Finley - Matt Sacco, Paul Massingham

Here is my take on the favorites from each club to poll well at the O'Dwyer Medal vote count this year. This is only my take on it, so if anyone has any changes, feel free to comment:

Moama - Djaren Whyman, Cameron McCabe
Barooga - Sean Harrap, Zane Goodwin
Nathalia - Drew Barnes, Matt Davies
Rumbalara - John Jackson, Tim Higgins
Tongala - Adam Brunt, Daryl Harrison
Numurkah - Linc Wellington, Mark Brown
Deniliquin Rams - Tim Holobowski, Brad Robson
Cobram - Simon Rudd, Toby Parish
Tocumwal - Lee Warnett, Jarrod Kelly
Echuca United - Duane Hueston, Nick Jackson
Mulwala - Ty Primmer, Leight Howroyd
Congupna - Eamon Reeves, Shannon Emmett
Finley - Matt Sacco, Paul Massingham

from Numurkah Mark Brown should go very close to winning, clearly been best on ground for the blues for the majority of games this yr. Tyson Saunders or Ben Mcnammara would be Numurkah's next best chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back