Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being sounded out by United to play as a rover in their ones-was talk of $35,000 for the season. May have to see if we can get a more worthy offer.

I'm being sounded out by United to play as a rover in their ones-was talk of $35,000 for the season. May have to see if we can get a more worthy offer.
my god and i tought i spoke crap thats a terrible terrible post

I hear jake davis is going to get paid high $$'s to stick around stawell nxt year

Scotty, in my opinion it would be great if United folded. They've got stuff all supporters and commitee members, which is a real shame considering the amount of work blokes like Billy Lovell have put into the place. Would help city oval to no end, allowing the ground to take its rightful place as the Wimmera Football's premier oval. It has been disgraceful the last few years.
Three Wimmera League clubs out of Horsham is way too many considering the amount of district league clubs also drawing from the population.
In the future surely the VCFL will have to step in (as all clubs are too pigheaded or stubborn) and force a major shake up of the two leagues. Maybe joining them together with 2 divisions and a promotion/relegation system or some forced mergers.
Just throwing ideas out there. We need some real discussion about the state of football in the region. Horsham United isn't the only club with real problems out there, but they all seem to be too proud to take the proactive steps and talk about mergers to strengthen their clubs future or at least make sure that their club has a future.
Would love to here some opinions on this topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i heard barnett wasnt going to be at horsham.... thought he may have been going futher north than birchip.

MM will be getting a few homecomers i hear.

if its true about lenny clark it would be massive for the burras you'd think plenty of others would follow.

Any news on the replacement coach at nhill l hear its paying very well hope thet get a good coach, cant be any worse then joel price

couple of years rucking for West Adelaide in SANFL.. the year before that was on Brisbanes Rookie List, and SANFL before that.

So what has attracted him to Wimmera League Football? Is he a local? You would think Minyip must have thrown some cash around to pick up a guy who can obviously play a bit (SANFL/AFL rookie)...
How old is he? And how do we know he is definitely playing or if this is all just speculation?

Sorry lads just probably answered all my own questions by reading the Mail-Times. Three Delahunty brothers coming back too, can they play?
Know the youngest one (John) played a couple of seasons with the Rebels and can play a bit, what about the older brothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back