Where are the Football Finals telecast abroad?

R Man

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda
Hey guys

Mad Saints fan stuck in South America right now. :thumbsu:

Does anyone know if Fox or another channel broadcasts the finals (particularly the GF) throughout South America?

Listening on the radio through the internet would give me 7 heart attacks.. ha!

cheers
R´man

Bowski

Club Legend
May 14, 2007
Shenanigan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic
(handy thread)
I'm in Windsor, Canada atm. If anyone knows a place to watch the game there that'd be great.
I'm told TSN covers it, can anyone confirm this?
Cheers folks.

R Man

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda
yeah mate TSN would definitely cover it in Canada. Met a Canadian dude who plays AFL over there for Vancouver Saints or something.

He said regular games get played LIVE occasionally.

Hope this helps... but I still need confirmation for Peru! haha (There is NO TV guide anywhere here......)

lewisb

Draftee
Aug 20, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Flames!
I live in Calgary and CAN confirm that TSN does show 1 game of AFL a week. They showed the crows pies semi friday night. THey are picking up a prelim not sure which one and are playing the GF. Mind you there are HEAPS of pubs around Canada showing it. I found one here in Calgary should be an awesome night! Aussies, meat pies and footy... helps keep the home sickness away.

ZosoCat

All Australian
Nov 2, 2007
New Jersey
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Phillies
all I know is ESPN stream AFL now including the finals. Not sure if that's in South American but it is the case in the USA.

Ant85

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Continental Europe gets nothing.

Stupid AFL, so much for exporting the game that no one on the continent has broadcast rights to the games live.

Nov 2, 2004
Yulee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have a constantly updating list of GF parties around the world here - 2009 AFL Grand Final Parties .

I will paste the current list below. As for South America I think you are out of luck (see the comments here from the AFL).

2009 AFL Grand Final Parties
by Troy Thompson

Once again World Footy News is proud to present you with a wide list of venues to watch the 2009 AFL Grand Final around the world. Feel free to add any venues that are not listed below in the comments section and we will add them to the main list.
We are aware that the coverage on ESPN2 in the US is scheduled to be on a 2 hour delay, while on ESPN360 the game is to be streamed live. This may affect some planned events in the US as the ESPN2 coverage will not begin until 2am EDT. There is some lobbying in action to try to get ESPN2 to show the game live. For more information on this please check in with our friends at AFANA

Please note: The information is entered here in good faith. worldfootynews.com is not responsible for any incorrect information posted to this story. Wherever possible attempt to check ahead to make sure the party you are planning on attending is still going ahead and has room for you. There have been cases of sell outs and late changes e.g. when a venue could not secure a telecast.

NORTH AMERICA

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
The Atlanta Kookaburras - AFL Grand Final streamed live in Atlanta.
When: Friday September 25th 2009 @ 11:00pm (Game starts 12:30) Where: The Tin Roof Cantina 2591 Briarcliff Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30329-3110 (Map)
Cost: $20.00 (for beer and the game. Eats available from The Tin Roof's excellent kitchen)

Boston, USA
Saturday, September 26*, 2009 2:00 PM Phoenix Landing, 512 Massachusetts Ave Central Sq
This location is easily accessible to public transport (central sq T) and the pub has a big screen and also more than enough flat screen TVs around the bar that will be showing the game. The usual $20 which goes towards this years Demons Nationals Campaign gets you in the door which includes a free meat pie, beer and a coopers beer stubbie holder (coosie) or hat. Get in early as there is limited seating at the bar, standing room a plenty but as there is a ton of TVs around the bar viewing will be plentiful. *Note this is a replay of the match.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Friday Sept 25th, Doors open 9pm, game starts 11:30pm
Venue:The Globe Pub
Tickets are only $15 and include a chance to win two return tickets to Australia. Drink and food specials will be posted as they are finalised at the Chicago footy website.

Dallas, Texas
Dallas Magpies Grand Final Party
When: Friday Sept 25, doors open at 8:30
Admission: $20 donation to the Dallas Magpies Australian Rules Football Club
Where: Victoria Hall of Andrew Ormsby Catering, 3121 Ross Ave, Dallas, 75204. The game will be televised live in HD on 2 large 9’ screens. There’s no better place to watch it. As in years past, the party and game will double as a fundraiser for the Magpies. We will have food and drinks for sale.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Ft Lauderdale Fighting Squids Grand Final Party
Friday September 25th
MacGuires Hill 16

Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday 25th September
McMullans Irish Pub - 4650 W Tropican Ave Starting 6.30pm
www.vegasfooty.com

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Quebec Saints A.F.C "AFL Grand Final LIVE at the Pepsi Forum Sports Bar
Friday, September 25 at 9:00pm - 3:30am
Pepsi Forum Sports Bar - Level 4

New York, USA
NY MAGPIES AFL GRAND FINAL EVENT TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!! - Just like every Magpie Grand Final Event for the last 7 years, this one WILL SELL OUT so get your tickets early. ,
When: September 25th (Friday) at 8PM ’til the final siren blows!
Where: The Canal Room, 285 West Broadway @ Canal Street (map)
Payment details (more information): $20 per ticket in advance which includes: the game live on big screens, live bands including Matt Irvin and Brad Teeby, loads of door prizes (buying through PayPal automatically enters you in the draw) from our sponsors including Crumpler bags, The Australian restaurant and Jacob’s Creek wines, $5 Coopers beer and glasses of Jacob Creek wines all night.
NY Magpies.

Portland, Oregon, USA
Portland Power AFC/Australian Football Club Grand Final Party
Start Time: Saturday, September 26 at 5:00pm
End Time: Saturday, September 26 at 11:45pm
Where: Buffalo Gap

Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Venue: Woody's City Market - in the heart of downtown Raleigh. Address: 205 Wolfe St Raleigh NC 27601. URL to the map of the area: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Raleigh&state=NC&address=205+Wolfe+Street
Starting: 10:00 pm and goes until the final siren. Come join the NC TIGERS in watching the big game.

San Francisco, California
Venue: Intercontinental Hotel 888 Howard Street, San Francisco ,br> Starting time of the event: 6:00 pm Happy Hour
Australian American Chamber of Commerce is hosting its annual Grand Final Party. Complete with Aussie beer, wine, pies and a raffle for two economy tickets from LA to Australia on V Australia. For more information and ticket sales, go to www.sfaussies.com

Toronto, Canada (Downtown Dingos)
14th Annual AFL Grand Final Party
Address: Sports Centre Café, 49 St Clair Ave West, Toronto
Nearest Subway: St Clair Station
When: Friday, Sept 25th, 2009 at 9pm: Live game coverage starts at 11pm. Cover charge is $10 at the door
Also, you can purchase raffle tickets on the night to enter our major prize draw to win a trip to Australia!!! Thanks to Downunder Travel and Qantas.
For more information: see our website www.torontodingos.com or email aflgrandfinal@torontodingos.com

Toronto, Canada (Central Blues)
Friday September 25th, doors open 9:30pm
Ferret & Firkin - 720 Spadina Avenue, Toronto Just a few steps south of the Spadina TTC subway station (Bloor & Spadina)
Cover Charge: $10 - Plenty of raffles, footy tipping, and many great door prizes.

Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver Cougars Australian Rules Football Club 2009 AFL Grand Final Party @ Mahony's
Where: Mahony's UBC
When: Friday September 25, 2009 from 9:00PM
Entry, Beer, Burger $20.00, entry Only $10.00 - Tickets available online at the Cougars website.

EUROPE

Manchester, UK
Saturday, September 26th
Walkabout Manchester
13 Quay St, Manchester
Manchester Mozzies

Prague, Czech Republic
The Czech Australian Football League (CAFL) presents - The 2009 AFL Grand Final Breakfast Saturday 26th September. Doors open at 6:00am
Sportbar Zlatá Hvězda (Gold Star), Ve Smečkách 588/12 Prague, off Vaclavske Namesti (Wencleslas Square)
TRANSPORT: Nearest Metro: MUZEUM (red line) or MUSTEK (green & yellow lines) Nearest Tram is Vaclavske Namesti (no.’s 3, 9, 14 & 24)
Tickets 200Kc (includes breakfast) available at the door (no presales) - Hot breakfast with tea, coffee or juice (bar open too, of course!)
MORE INFO at www.cafl.cz

Stockholm, Sweden
Södermalm Australian Football Club in conjunction with The Liffey (www.theliffey.se) and the Stockholm Region Australian Rules Football Federation AFL Grand Final Breakfast
The Liffey, Stora Nygatan 42, Gamla stan (Old town) - www.theliffey.se
6 am - Doors open for buffet breakfast.
6:15 am - Live AFL GF telecast will commence.
150:- entry + buffet breakfast, 70:- entry + one beer
Pre-booking required. Purchase your ticket by paying 150kr/70kr to BankGiro 261-7017. Put you name as the payment message so we know who your are.

ASIA

Balikpapan,Borneo, Indonesia
Saturday 26th September from 11am
Balikpapan Novotel Hotel
Platinum Packae 6,000,000Rp for table of 10 (includes keg beer, wine and food), Gold Package 5,000,000Rp for table 10 (includes keg beer and food).
Contact committee@borneobears.com for reservations.

Bangkok, Thailand
The Thailand Tigers are hosting the 2009 AFL Grand Final at The Australian Pub on Soi 11 Saturday 26th September 9.30am to 3.30pm Price: 1700 bht (Non - Members) 1500 bht (Tigers Members [you can become a member on the day!]) includes Chicken, Salad, Som Tum and Champagne Breakfast, Half time meat pies, sausage solls & Aussie snags,free flowing beer & wine
For tickets contact: Alan Sutherland mobile:0898979435 email:agsut@optusnet.com.au
For more information about the Thailand Tigers, check out www.thailand-tigers.com

Beijing, China
Beijing Bombers Grand Final Function
Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 11:30am - 3:30pm
Location: Danger Doyle's Blk 5, China View Building, No.2 Workers Stadium East Road Beijing, China
Tickets: 300 RMB (non-members), 250 RMB (BARFC members), 150 RMB (children 10-15 years old) Under the age of 10 are free
Includes: Australian beer, margaritas, wine and soft drink, all you can eat BBQ, happy hour prices after 3.30pm, give aways, competitions and prizes!
Tickets to be purchased at the door.

Jakarta, Indonesia
The ANZ Jakarta Bintangs Grand Final Function
Saturday 26 September, starting from 8am until 5pm
Cost: All inclusive tickets cost 950,000 Indonesian Rupiah (under 18's no alcohol tickets cost 500,000 Rupiah). Includes gourmet champagne breakfast, free-flow drinks throughout the day, Buffet lunch, including meat pies. MC - Nick McArdle from Fox Sports + special guest AFL players. Live telecast on big screens, sporting memorabilia auctions and footy records. For further details, contact Michele Brown on +6285882819640 mjames@cbn.net.id or go to http://www.bintangs.com for further details.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malaysian Warriors AFL GF Function, 26th September, 2006
Gates Open 10.30 am. Crowne Plaza Mutiara Hotel, Jln Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
Special Guest :- Peter "Spida" Everitt
Check website for details - In asociation with MANZA - Call 03 2284 7145 to book tickets Visit http://warriorsmalaysia.com.

Hanoi, Vietnam
JASPAS, Level 4, Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street. 9am - 3.30pm. Breakfast, lunch, drinks, raffles, competitions, auctions, etc. USD 30 for tickets sold in advance or USD35 at the door. Saturday, September 26 Vietnam Swans website

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam
Vietnam Swans Grand Final Breakfast and Lunch
Saturday, September 26th Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam The Cage,3A Ton Duc Thang Street (just up from the 4-star Legend Hotel) Starts 9:00 am 600,000VND/USD33 for breakfast and lunch; Foster's, Jim Beam, wine, Vodka Cranberries, raffles, competitions, auctions give aways.
Vietnam Swans website

Saigon Australian Rules Football Club Annual AFL Grand Final Brunch 11th Anniversary
Saturday the 26th of September 2009 from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm.
Live telecast will be held at the Sheraton Hotel Ball Room at 88 Dong Khoi St., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Attendance at this year’s event will reach 400 expatriate and local guests. Our guests speakers this year are former Footscray player Peter Foster and our 2003 guest Dale Weightman will join us again this year.
Contact Darren Cotter on +84 913 803 517 for more information

Hoi An, Vietnam
Hai Cafe at 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street for an all day BBQ, raffles etc. Admission is also free. Vietnam Swans website

Hue, Vietnam
Sat 26th of September
The Backpackers' Hostel at 10 Pham Ngu Lau. Admission is free and they sell the coldest Huda beers in Hue.
Vietnam Swans website

REST OF WORLD

Auckland, New Zealand
University Blues hosting GF Party at The Paddington, 17 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell
Game kicks off Sat 26 Sep, 16:30pm
For more info check out: www.universityafl.co.nz or www.thepaddington.co.nz

Ayres Rock pub might have it on
Thanks for that. A friend of mine has just started on exchange for Lyon, I Googled pubs and found that one but he thinks it won't be showing it (apparently run by a Canadian and not that 'Australian'). Cheers the tip though.

nickyboywade

Draftee
Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Omnisport.tv will be streaming the big game live this weekend, Geelong vs Collingwood - Saturday 19th Sep @ 7.30pm EST (9.30am GMT/10.30am BST)

For anyone who can't watch the game live on TV, then this is the official way to catch every minute of the game live! The game is $5.99USD and will be 100% live shown in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland and the EU!

www.omnisport.tv, check it out now!

fabbo

Draftee
May 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
If your mate in Lyon doesnt mind a small road trip, try Lady Godiva or the Pickwick in Geneva. I watched some finals footy there a couple of years back.

Louie88

Draftee
Jul 6, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Omnisport.tv will be streaming the big game live this weekend, Geelong vs Collingwood - Saturday 19th Sep @ 7.30pm EST (9.30am GMT/10.30am BST)

For anyone who can't watch the game live on TV, then this is the official way to catch every minute of the game live! The game is $5.99USD and will be 100% live shown in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland and the EU!

All very well nicky but when you go to that site they dont have this game listed. Have you tried these guys before and will it be listed on the site later in the week?

kamikaze8

Debutant
Mar 29, 2007
London
AFL Club
Collingwood

I don't think this stream will work for those in the UK - as it says on purchase page that stream is not available in the UK

****en ridiculous that you can't watch this game live in the UK

Oct 1, 2006
Boom town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steelers & Penguins

All very well nicky but when you go to that site they dont have this game listed. Have you tried these guys before and will it be listed on the site later in the week?

I don't think this stream will work for those in the UK - as it says on purchase page that stream is not available in the UK

****en ridiculous that you can't watch this game live in the UK

Guys, I get the feeling from nickyboywade's post that he/she works for omnisport. There seemed to be a few sales bits in there...

Lebneni

Team Captain
Suspended
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
(handy thread)
I'm in Windsor, Canada atm. If anyone knows a place to watch the game there that'd be great.
I'm told TSN covers it, can anyone confirm this?
Cheers folks.

Hey mate.. check this thread.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633059

I'm currently in Abu Dhabi. I know that Showtime Sports typically covers four live games a week during the Home and Away season. During finals I assume all of them are live. But if anyone knows any parties/ sports bars that will be open for the GRAND FINAL please contact me.

Alternatively, I may be in Lebanon .. so similarly if anyone knows WHERE in LEBANON I can catch the grand final live I would be much appreciative

Thanks!

R Man

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda

From mentioned website:
Stuck overseas on the last Saturday in September? Never fear!
Hosting a party? Enter your details here

The 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final might be impossible to miss here at home, but for thousands of stranded Aussies (and bemused locals) overseas, finding a place to follow the big game in style can be a struggle.

So we've invited the pubs, clubs, hotels and establishments of the world to tell us where they are and what they're doing to celebrate the 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final, so we can plot it all on a map.

So whether its a huge expat crowd relaxed in front of the big screen in the UK or a tiny enclave huddled around a laptop in an unpronounceably exotic outpost, hopefully we'll be able to link you up with other footy fans around the world to enjoy the last Saturday in September.

Well.... umm.... I am now...... this is getting diabolical.... someone mentioned the afl.com.au site streamed the GF LIVE if you had a fast enough connection....?¿?

....this is not good....

Lebneni

Team Captain
Suspended
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Regarding Lebanon, one person recommended the celtic bar in monot to me

But i am yet to get this confirmed.

Oct 1, 2006
Boom town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steelers & Penguins
Just confirmed that the Grand Final will now be shown live in the US on ESPN Classic, good news for those wanting to see it live there.
Kaching, awesome, just checked and I have ESPN Classic hidden amongst my hundreds of freaking channels.

I have more channels in Spanish here than I have in Australia in total on Foxtel Platinum, it is ridiculous...

Vitalogy

Club Legend
May 6, 2007
Fortworth
AFL Club
Richmond
TSN2 in Canada has been showing every final games live. If you can find a place that has this then :thumbsu:. I dare say TSN will show the game live on there main channel.

I am heading to mooses downunder to watch the game live, its a aussie pub located on west pender, downtown Vancouver for anyone around the area.

Back