Player Sponsorship The player sponsorship discussion thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

O

Old Spice

Sorry if I'm strutting on someone's turf, but do we know when we will be doing the player sponsorship thing for 2010? I believe it might have been Skeetz or Pie Eyed who were organizing for next year.

I ask because I'm right smack in the middle of Pauper St with a new baby and the woozer out of the job market and would like to start the first of a series of installments.

Personally I'd be happy with La Caf, Beams or Swanny as our main squeezes.

EDIT: this is the link Skeetz has set up for those that want to help sponsor a player for 2010. You need to join here if you're pledging.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/group.php?groupid=180

For all the important information on player sponsorship please follow the following link to the All the info you need thread.

Pledges (green = paid, red = unpaid)

aaronmx - 50
anubis (Sibebottom2Beams) - 100
Athiest - 100
Axewell - 100
BIGFOOTY - 200
Bloben - 50
bushpie - 100
daics_35 - 100 (under18)
Handypoint - 100
Hoggy - 100
Jabsco - 50
Keele - 100
Kirby - 100
Lozza63 - 100
Magpie Ink - 100
Mars II - 100
morax - 100
Muzzy2 - 50
Obese Arachnid - 100
Old Spice - 100
Optimax - 100
Passion8pie - 100
Pedro - 100
Pie eyed - 200
pongo 3931 - 50
robertg22 - 100
The Royal Sampler - 100
scruffydog - 100 (plus 100 for Pie eyed)
Shellz - 250
skeetz - 150
Smoky - ?
Snag Breac - 100
spartan-magpie - 100
Visions - 100

Total Pledged - 3550

Paid - 3450
Outstanding - 100

Re: Player Sponsorship for 2010

If we get enough dough we could have a stable of young 'uns.

Young guys I'd live to back would be Beamsy or Steele. For the older gents I think Pendles, Heater or Anthony would be cool.

For 2009 I'm pretty certain a BSB and account number was provided after someone opened an account and dough was transferred in there.

Trust is important here so I'd go for the old P-Eyed or similar.

As I said last year, and after the debacle that happened because of you know who...I still have my hand up to do this all...
What debacle? It all went smoothly :p

I'm guessing this year there will be plenty of interest and a plethora of $$$ from us BF posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What debacle? It all went smoothly :p

I'm guessing this year there will be plenty of interest and a plethora of $$$ from us BF posters.

Where does the money go.

I'm interested but just a little naive as to what happens.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could post a summary on how it all works and what's involved.

Oh, what war!!!

Where does the money go.

I'm interested but just a little naive as to what happens.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could post a summary on how it all works and what's involved.

Oh, what war!!!

Hmm, well there was a person who decided to do things without consulting the masses, it all resulted in a lot of tears and much name calling, I suppose a debacle explains it best

Last years info is pinned to the top of the Nest board.

I guess it would be similar this year

But it did take awhile to get organised....... LOL March April May....

Should be better this year after all the teething problems

I am in .....looking forward to it but who to sponsor is a tough choice:(

OK, read the sticky, many thanks for the push in the right direction.

Luke Ball was initially my first thought, but TBH, i think he really won't need our sponsorship monies:p

Wood, Beams, Steele, Harry O, Blight or the Caf for me.

Harry O would be good, he's an awesome role model.

Also would be keen to throw some dough towards Pendles for some new teeth.

I'd be up for it in 2010, as long as "the war" is not running it we've at least got a chance of having the sponsorship money being managed with some integrity.

Ahhh, so many to choose from. Harry is good, La Caf, Beams...Presti.

I think we should get expressions of interest by a certain date, then we can do the 5 to 1 voting system which I think was used last time. Sooner rather than later would be good for the Paup's.

The club hasn't put the prices up yet, not that it really matters I guess, I just thought we always did it after they went up.

I reckon The Caf is the one to go for, or Jack. JA would love us getting behind him I reckon, he is about as passionate as you can get... hilarious as well, hopefully the sponsorship would give us an excuse to meet him.
Actually, in saying that, he is likely to rock up in his thongs (not multiple g-strings, although I wouldn't put anything past him TBH :p) at all our houses and thank us personally.

Yeah, I'm definitely on the JA train :)

Also, what's the story behind 'the war'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back