Lions investigate Brendan Fevola complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions investigate Brendan Fevola complaint as AFL star's future hangs in balance
  • Peter Badel, Andrew Hamilton
  • September 08, 2010 1:24PM
The Courier-Mail can reveal a member of the public has lodged a formal complaint with the Lions following Fevola's alleged behaviour at an AFL family day in Brisbane over the weekend.

If found guilty, the controversial Fevola is almost certain to have his $700,000-a-season deal torn up by the Lions. It is understood Queensland police and the AFL have been notified of the alleged incident.

The Brisbane Lions will be putting out a statement in relation to Fevola this afternoon. The 29-year-old Fevola met with Lions powerbrokers this morning to tell his side of the story.

fevola84.jpg

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

Sounds interesting.Still have to pay him but don't we?

If he has broken the terms of the contract, then I believe the Lions would argue that he is not entitled to his pay. Could go to court.

"If found guilty, the controversial Fevola is almost certain to have his $700,000-a-season deal torn up by the Lions." Is there truth to that?

"If found guilty, the controversial Fevola is almost certain to have his $700,000-a-season deal torn up by the Lions." Is there truth to that?
I would imagine that if the police have been notified, then there's a good chance that the allegation is somewhat serious. Of course, it might be your typical "urinating in public" that tends to occur at this time of year but that's still fairly serious if it occurred at a family day. Let's just hope no cigarette machines were harmed.

If he has broken the terms of the contract, then I believe the Lions would argue that he is not entitled to his pay. Could go to court.

I believe there's a standard clause of "bringing the club into disrepute" (or something similar) that allows termination without paying out of the clause. It's how we offloaded Hooper last year when he had a year to run on his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer he got his act together and played for us next season but it would certainly blow some oxygen into the salary cap and with it happening now plenty of time to sign everyone up.

Is it wrong that while one part of me is furious, another part of me is slightly excited at the prospect of being able to get that cap space back?

Who could we buy with 700k per year for the next 2... maybe use a pre season draft pick that cost us nothing in terms of trades / picks. :D - what am i saying.....

Oh dear god, the Carlton fans are going to have a field day with this...

Duck for cover!

Remember this is nothing official but SEN are reporting that "Fevola allegedly flashed himself at the club's family day over the weekend."

Oh dear god, the Carlton fans are going to have a field day with this...

Duck for cover!

I fear Browndogs' "A comparison of player culture" thread is going to take a turn for the worse.

Even if he is sacked, his contract for the year 2011 is included in the salary cap.

I think it comes down to what he is physically paid. It might help Carltons salary cap as well if torn up.

But I think we are a LONG way from talking about this stuff yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back