Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
spiros vourgaslis
darryl harrison
troy snelson
tyson sidebottom

anyone think differently??

Very handy quartet, with the bottom 3 also showing their wares in major leagues (mixture of GVFL, BFL & MFL).

I'd probably add Brad Lowe, Brenton Gray, Geoff Connally and Heath Barnett in there. As they have played great KDFL footy and also more than proved themselves at GVFL level.

Blackpooler88

Rookie
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blackpool Fc
Very handy quartet, with the bottom 3 also showing their wares in major leagues (mixture of GVFL, BFL & MFL).

I'd probably add Brad Lowe, Brenton Gray, Geoff Connally and Heath Barnett in there. As they have played great KDFL footy and also more than proved themselves at GVFL level.

corey carver?

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Brett Pateman
Steele Lloyd

Yeh, fair call leftnut.. Steele should definitely be considered one of the greats. Just going through the Rushy books, he played about 10 senior games, didn't get mentioned in the best and kicked 4 goals.. A formidable record.

For what it's worth, the best KDL players of the decade pick themselves:
Brenton Grey, Tyson Sidebottom, Troy Snelson, Gavin Exell and Daniel Godsmark.

Brett Pateman's definitely a legend at Rushy and as good a bloke as you'd meet, but, in my opinion, can't match the record of the 5 listed above.

Blackpooler88

Rookie
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blackpool Fc
Absolute legend in the KDFL-5 time B&F winner at Lancaster. The boy could be a key again this year-getting on in years and won't need shampoo for much longer but the fittest he has been and a 6th B&F would put him in legend status:D

brian simpkin??

hawks 09

Debutant
Apr 21, 2008
wa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure if his career went past 2000 but Rohan Aldous was pretty handy, as was Damien Yze. Sidebottom, Snelson and Godsmark all worthy of a mention.

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty sure Rohan pulled the pin 98 or 99, but would think he would more than weigh up against any being suggested. Do the KDFL still name a all stars side ?
G’day PTF
Firstly, Pacer, Standard Bred Harness Racer (Longwood have gallopers and trotters) .. but holy shite!
You have to ‘fess up on that accompanying picture to your log on!! Needs accompanying phone numba!! Not your photo is it ...hey maaate?

During the week the Manager at Independent Stallions in Longwood got a call from Geoff to say there was a buyer who wanted to get a trotter from Longwood and name it “Pace to Freeze”.
The buyer was like the little buugra from “Fantasy Island” .. que? Duzzntmatter.

Manager was told to present the mare and abide with his requests.

The little buggra turned up in a white limo wearing a white suit .. as all Longwood horse sponsors do .. but the little buggra also had a lisp.

“Firthst .. I want to see her teeth. Pick me up to cee her teeth”
Manager picks him puts him down.

“Now I want to look in her lefth and right earsth .. pick me up pleath”

By this stage our Longwood mate from Independent Stallions ($kerching) is getting “Pwetty pithed off!”
“Now”, said our vistor, “I want to see her twat .. pick me up pleath”

Mate .. for the Manager .. that was it! He picked the little bloke up .. lifted the mares tail and shoved his head in where he asked!

Longwood Footy were aghast we would lose a big sponsor.

The little bloke dusted himself off and said ..

“What I meant wasth that I justh wanted to thee her wun awound a widdle bit!”

Doesn't matter who will be best. Back your sponsors and don’t pay mercenary players!!

Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Blackie
As a newbie to the KDFNL myself .. let's say the ex Longwood blokes of 2008 who climbed the mountain with Nagambie in 2010. Can't deny a premiership after losing the granny in 2009. Brendon "Varcs" Vercoe (ex Longwood coach), Scott Paulke Longwood B&F in 2007 (and don't ask him his thoughts of the Tanners from Bonnie Doon!), Brian "Mozza" Morris who's Dad Tony liked the feel at Longwood and the "fading away to a shadow " big bloke Jason Webb who this goes gold digging at Rushworth. Tongue in cheek Webbie .. Rushie is where the heart lies. I look forward to catching up with these stars of 2010 who climbed the mountain for the Lakers.
ps Wouldn't mind seeing them back playing for the Redlegs!!
Cheers
John Carrot

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Pretty sure Rohan pulled the pin 98 or 99, but would think he would more than weigh up against any being suggested. Do the KDFL still name a all stars side ?

I went up and played a few games to help me mate jobbyav out in the Swannies two's in 2001 and I assure you Showey Aldous was still running around in full flight both on and off field then :thumbsu:

Bloody legend, I still remember when I was a kid watching me dad train at Broadford in 1990 that Rohan took the best mark Ive still ever seen when he literally stood on Steve Wilson's shoulders . . . . during circle work!!!

fencesitter

Debutant
Oct 26, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Carlton
Unsure how u could have James and Ex in ur bests as they hav only played 2 and 3 years respectively!!

Unless yas mean Best u hav seen play KD??
Unsure??? The question states "Best Players 2000-2010
So in my opinion those mentioned were a few of the best players i'd seen in that time period...der

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Unsure how u could have James and Ex in ur bests as they hav only played 2 and 3 years respectively!!

Unless yas mean Best u hav seen play KD??

Hey mainland, how's things big fella? I included Ex in my list of best players in the last decade because of the impact he made in those 3yrs.. Pretty sure there's a photo of him in the Stanhope club rooms with his record..?

Around the 120-130 goal a year mark and an incredible amount of goals kicked in finals and GF's..

In my opinion that has to put him in the best players of the decade category.

mainland

Senior List
Nov 23, 2005
Mainland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mainland
Hey mainland, how's things big fella? I included Ex in my list of best players in the last decade because of the impact he made in those 3yrs.. Pretty sure there's a photo of him in the Stanhope club rooms with his record..?

Around the 120-130 goal a year mark and an incredible amount of goals kicked in finals and GF's..

In my opinion that has to put him in the best players of the decade category.

In that case I would hav Wacka McQueen in there easily, prob the best I hav played with/seen other than Ex.

U are cert on the money Trav, there is a photo of Ex in the clubrooms with that incredible record. He played in 2 flags out of 3 years just as good a record.

PS. I was more thinking best player over the 10yrs not just the Best players we hav seen.

dwyane WADE show

Senior List
Jul 1, 2007
Wallan
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Avenel Swans & Wallan Magpies
I went up and played a few games to help me mate jobbyav out in the Swannies two's in 2001 and I assure you Showey Aldous was still running around in full flight both on and off field then :thumbsu:

Bloody legend, I still remember when I was a kid watching me dad train at Broadford in 1990 that Rohan took the best mark Ive still ever seen when he literally stood on Steve Wilson's shoulders . . . . during circle work!!!

Yeah that sounds pretty right doona as on our website it says R.Aldous won the seniors bnf in 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back