Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2003
Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bolton,Clippers,Falcons,Mariners
Just found out today that Channel One is only available to those with either a HD television or the Foxtel HD package.

No announcement. Nothing.

When I rang Foxtel, they weren't even aware of it happening.

Pathetic decision.

Daytripper

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2003
Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Then why have we been able to watch things like the netball up until as late as last week ?

Daytripper

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2003
Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
its because the standard def channel became channel 11 which is 131 on foxtel

We had One and Eleven running side by side for a while.

Eleven is just entertainment pretty much, isn't it ?
So all the sports shows on One have disappeared (for those that don't have HD)

Dec 2, 2004
at home
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just found out today that Channel One is only available to those with either a HD television or the Foxtel HD package.

No announcement. Nothing.

When I rang Foxtel, they weren't even aware of it happening.

Pathetic decision.

One SD became 11 on Jan 11, and for a couple of weeks before that it had a message saying '11 starts on Jan 11 and One will be HD only'
One SD and 11 have never existed at the same time, on Foxtel cable it went from channel 531 to channel 131 when One SD became 11

Daytripper

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2003
Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
One SD became 11 on Jan 11, and for a couple of weeks before that it had a message saying '11 starts on Jan 11 and One will be HD only'
One SD and 11 have never existed at the same time, on Foxtel cable it went from channel 531 to channel 131 when One SD became 11

I hear what you're saying but we were definitely able to watch both channels as late as last week.
Maybe, they missed my subscription out or something ?

Mar 12, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, PHX Suns, Mariners
I hear what you're saying but we were definitely able to watch both channels as late as last week.
Maybe, they missed my subscription out or something ?

Late Dec to early Jan all ch531 said was 'eleven coming soon', once 'eleven' launched, 531 disappeared and became 131.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah that's great. You are missing one channel. Meanwhile those with satellite miss out on all of them. i feel for you man, I really do.
FTA's loss. I'm sure there are plenty with ratings boxes, who like myself rarely turn to FTA because they are too slack to do a deal with foxtel to be on there for satellite. ABC and SBS manage to have all their channels on foxtel (satellite). FTA need to pull their fingers out and do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back