FTA-TV TV shows prematurely cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

There are several series that I enjoyed, but were cancelled before their time.

I'd like to see these revived

Moonlight
Blade: The Series
Dead Like Me
Now and Again
G vs E
The Thin Blue Line
Unsub
Logan's Run
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
The Pathfinders
Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)
The Champions
Lost in Space
Time Tunnel
Land of the Giants
The Veil

Some are a bit old, The Night Stalker was revived, but the result was terrible and it deserved so much better than that.

Some finished on a cliffhanger, like Now and Again, so a resolution would be good.

Dead Like Me evolved into a follow-up movie, but it has since laid dormant.

Any comments or other suggestions?

I've been burned a fair bit over the years.
Dark Angel, the Gates, Kyle XY, Tru Calling, Veronica Mars, Jericho Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Carnivale. Extra kick in the guts when they don't resolve things or end on a cliffhanger. At least with Roswell and Everwood there was a bit of closure.

Lucky Louie was cancelled after 1 season even though it had better ratings than Deadwood.

The Good Guys.

alg_good_guys.jpg

As if Fox wasn't in my bad books enough for canning Arrested Development ahead of its time, then they only gave TGG one season!

Does anyone remember the TV Show American Dreams (sometimes called Our Generation) which was on TV around 2002/3?

It was set in early 1960s Philadelphia, and starred a young Brittany Snow in the lead role.

An excellent comedy-drama show, which for some reason failed to rate in Australia, and was moved from one timeslot to another before vanishing completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rescue Special Ops

Older shows
Gilligan's Island - cancelled so that ancient s**t show Gunsmoke wouldn't be axed,apparently a bigwig at CBS was a fan:thumbsdown: Had plenty of life left in it.
Star Trek Enterprise - was just getting going like most Treks and starting to hit its peak.

There are several series that I enjoyed, but were cancelled before their time.

Dead Like Me evolved into a follow-up movie, but it has since laid dormant.

Any comments or other suggestions?

Yeah but the movie was s**t unfortunately. (cept for the parts with George and her family storyline). And wtf no Rube???? :thumbsdown:

Freaks and Geeks.

This.

And I was watching the series "Love My Way" a couple weeks back. Was just so disappointed they didnt keep going with that, thought there was alot more they could have done with that series. (And wtf was the deal with the end scene no Brenda and Jerry in it, thought that was a bit rough, lol)

Could not agree more. Man did i have a thing for Linda Cardellini!

And man did I have a thing for James Franco!! ;)

Brilliant series, funnily enough I'm watching it again from start to finish. Watched ep 4 last night, Kim Kelly is my Friend. "Benton Harbour Street?", "Mrs Weir. Can I have these fruit roll ups please?".

:D:D

Yeah but the movie was s**t unfortunately. (cept for the parts with George and her family storyline). And wtf no Rube???? :thumbsdown:

This.

And I was watching the series "Love My Way" a couple weeks back. Was just so disappointed they didnt keep going with that, thought there was alot more they could have done with that series. (And wtf was the deal with the end scene no Brenda and Jerry in it, thought that was a bit rough, lol)

Foxtel rejected the new scripts written by Brendan Cowan for the next series of Love My Way so it ended there you will find. The new scripts were alot more darker and Foxtel obviously didnt want to delve into some of the issues the new series was going to confront

Foxtel rejected the new scripts written by Brendan Cowan for the next series of Love My Way so it ended there you will find. The new scripts were alot more darker and Foxtel obviously didnt want to delve into some of the issues the new series was going to confront

I think we've had this discussion before.

Can you elaborate on what type of themes they were??

Depression/Self harm/Suicide type themes

Not dark at all!!!! Family fun imo. :D

Wonder who would have been into self harm, I'm guessing Dylan or that friend of his.... dunno who would have been into suicide, Frankie seemed to be moving on from the death of Lou- and it was touched on that she wanted to do it (including a scene when she hooks her car up to gas herself) already... so they couldnt have gone back to that for her probably.

Dam it was a good show.

Life.

American Cop show, but it wasn't your average procedural. It was clever; take the quirkier moments of House and maybe even a little noir/conspiracy type thing in the back, and you have a pretty awesome show. Low ratings in the States combined with the writers strike midway through it's first season kinda killed it.

+1 for Veronica Mars. A brilliant show, cut down in it's prime.
Admittingly, the 3rd Season was nowhere near the first two seasons in it's brilliance, but still was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back