Not open for further replies.

Jasper Jones

Debutant
Sep 9, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
As we are all talking 2012 now I thought we should start a new thread.

Kick us off with coaching appointments, player movement/signings and anything on new clubs and C grade (is it even going to happen?)

Good to hear KP are still 'on track.' A very proud club which had a great family atmosphere and plenty of good people around when I played juniors there-along time ago!

Football powers and structures always change. In the mid/late 90s KP U18 finished on top of U18 ladder and APW and Oak Park were forfeiting games.

KP seniors were playing A grade finals against AH, K & OP and Mooney Valley were in A grade too.

Good luck to KP.

might be a few apw boys stuggling to get a game down there soon wonder if any will move on. theres always gonna be blokes that leave when a club goes hunting new blood.

might be a few apw boys stuggling to get a game down there soon wonder if any will move on. theres always gonna be blokes that leave when a club goes hunting new blood.

Always a few noses put out of joint when blokes that used to be senior players find themselves running around in the early game... Happens at all clubs

I wonder how many clubs will be up pooh creek in 2013 as they attempt to avoid the drop to Div 3.

Will probably be clubs on the fringe of div 2 that will be tempted to spend more than they normally would...

I really don't think div three clubs will struggle to recruit due to stigma... Could be a good opportunity for a guy coming to the end of his career that hasn't played in a flag to snare one. or a guy that just wants to play at a lower level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm hearing that APW have also signed ex-Carlton player Simon Wiggins.

Harris, Contessa, Harding, Wiggins and add to that Mick Martin coming back. Not bad, not bad at all.
simon wiggins wont be at apw next year as he is still tied up with sunshine football club. And as for leigh harding why would he go to apw football club when his best mate coaches strathmore a premiership side ??

simon wiggins wont be at apw next year as he is still tied up with sunshine football club. And as for leigh harding why would he go to apw football club when his best mate coaches strathmore a premiership side ??

Why would Daniel Harris go to APW when he could quite easily walk into any local footy side in the state?

do you mean mick martin from north melbourne? hes like 40

No he would be meaning Mick martin who played at the bulldogs i think then went to Brisbane & was playing at Airport West a few years ago but i recall his back was stuffed when he finished playing at Airport West

No he would be meaning Mick martin who played at the bulldogs i think then went to Brisbane & was playing at Airport West a few years ago but i recall his back was stuffed when he finished playing at Airport West

Probably had the biggest impact of all the Ex AFL players who have played Div 2.
Was a very good player for them.

Any news on coburg districts from WRFL joining the competition this year? Heard it a while back, then they appointed ron rooney as coach who has been arount the EDFL for awhile, but havent heard any more yet?

Any news on coburg districts from WRFL joining the competition this year? Heard it a while back, then they appointed ron rooney as coach who has been arount the EDFL for awhile, but havent heard any more yet?

Would be surprised if it happened seeing as they have no juniors... Would definitely help them retain players though

Coburg Districts are a middle of the road Div 2 side in the WRFL and would be a definite Div 3 side for the EDFL. Also do we really need another EDFL side in that region with Hadfield, PV, Nth Saints, Glenroy ??

coburg districts should be in the edfl imo. but they wont be able to get juniors. so they wont get put in, a new craigieburn team would make sense. seems how big the place is.

Could anybody provide a list of A & B grade confirmed coaches for 2012? Are there any clubs without a coach at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back