Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

yasi043.jpg
Clyde - 10 years going on 2 years

dogssept2011002.jpg

Bonnie 11 years living in hope for MORE food.

dogsandgarden004.jpg

4770372961_afd8b36fef.jpg

Max, about 9 Years old.

5106087307_3330222275.jpg

Marvin, our adopted Pug about 4 1/2 years old.

4770338953_0b9df4e719.jpg

Archie 5 1/2 years, (of course, named after the one and only...)

5223282666_c75605bdfd.jpg

Do you think his name suits him? :D

4976461676_34965b174c.jpg

Archie at 10 weeks

Found him on the street looking dishevelled and hungry, so I fed him and he's been with us ever since.
images

He's a really handy for security and amazingly is a deft touch with fixing the car. Despite his size he is great with kids.
images

Found him on the street looking dishevelled and hungry, so I fed him and he's been with us ever since.
images

He's a really handy for security and amazingly is a deft touch with fixing the car. Despite his size he is great with kids.
images

He's cute.

What's his name?

He's cute.

What's his name?
I called him Chewy, as there was some stuck in his fur when I found him. That and what looked like scorch marks. I got the chewy out with Imperial Lather. Had to use quite a bit of force though.

I also have a really cute pair of puppies.

[YOUTUBE]mEgwE2z-fz4[/YOUTUBE]

Aaaawwww how nice. Mine are a bit slack on the fetch game, especially Bonnie who thinks she's too cool for school. They didn't get their morning walk due to thunder storm, my choice not theirs by the way, so I've just tried to get them to chase a ball or two now and only Clyde was half interested. Guess when you're a 10 and 11 year old dog it can be all too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaaawwww how nice. Mine are a bit slack on the fetch game, especially Bonnie who thinks she's too cool for school. They didn't get their morning walk due to thunder storm, my choice not theirs by the way, so I've just tried to get them to chase a ball or two now and only Clyde was half interested. Guess when you're a 10 and 11 year old dog it can be all too much.

Yeah you gotta teach em when they are young. Although in Jack's case teaching him to play fetch wasn't all that hard given that wanting to chew on things and play is very much in his DNA :p

Yeah you gotta teach em when they are young. Although in Jack's case teaching him to play fetch wasn't all that hard given that wanting to chew on things :Dand play is very much in his DNA :p

Mine are rescued dogs. They came from a broken home and nearly went to heaven. I've had them two years on 5th November next month. Dalmations concentration level is low, get bored easily and want to move onto something new so after 5 mins of me throwing a thick rubber ball up and down a long drive way for Clyde he loses interest. I bought them some toys when I first got them but the life span of a doggie toy at my place is 48 hours. :D

On the plus side I'll admit they were well trained in NOT getting on furniture, chewing shoes, thongs left at back door, clothes on lines and making a "doo doo" in the house which that in itself was great until Yasi came to town and even though I put down newspaper for loo break at 3.15a.m. they HAD to go outside...that was fun, me holding torch and saying "hurry up, no pressure". Lucky the eye had crossed a few hours before and the wind was down to a lazy 100 or so ks an hour. They also don't get frightened over thunderstorms, fire works and cyclones. ATM are snoozing by my feet while I type.

I like Clyde's eye patch :thumbsu:

Thanks but Bonnie has the patch.:) And the odd grey is now sprouting out.

The lady that helped rescue them told me on hand over day "Oh Bonnie was born with a deformity" and I responded "something wrong with her leg or something" and she said "no the patch". So what says me. This woman had Dalmations which she showed (strange breed those people for a start in my book) and told me that if a breeder who showed dogs had a pup born like that they would have put it down. WTF!!!!! This woman was more interested in shoving their papers at me and waffling on about their breeding, not that I or even them gave a toss.. They are not related by the way.

Thanks but Bonnie has the patch.:) And the odd grey is now sprouting out.

The lady that helped rescue them told me on hand over day "Oh Bonnie was born with a deformity" and I responded "something wrong with her leg or something" and she said "no the patch". So what says me. This woman had Dalmations which she showed (strange breed those people for a start in my book) and told me that if a breeder who showed dogs had a pup born like that they would have put it down. WTF!!!!! This woman was more interested in shoving their papers at me and waffling on about their breeding, not that I or even them gave a toss.. They are not related by the way.

Yeah, sad isn't it? Apparently many years ago Chocolate and even Yellow Labradors were "culled" as the preferred colour was Black. These days Choc's seem to be getting very popular and Choc puppies command the highest prices when sold.

Yeah, sad isn't it? Apparently many years ago Chocolate and even Yellow Labradors were "culled" as the preferred colour was Black. These days Choc's seem to be getting very popular and Choc puppies command the highest prices when sold.

It's a disgrace that dogs become a "trend". They're supposed to be our best friend no matter the breed. You treat them right with a bit of discipline and the reward is unconditional love. They don't care how you look first thing in the morning after a night of partying, how you sing and what you do.

Yes Dan, that woman is a bit of a nut job IMO. The stupid cow was contacted by my dog's previous owner who just wanted to see how they were , yeah right and this baitch had signed their death warrant, the dog lady told her they were happy in their new home on MAGNETIC ISLAND. FFS, how hard would it have been to come over and find out where they were. Not many dallys on maggie, errr they're the only ones and lots of folk know them cos they see me and them on walks.

Anyway this is their pre-season training. Actually it's their all year training. :D
05032010143.jpg

I'm enjoying the photos, clips and stories.

We've got a bit of a menagerie happening, but sadly I'm useless when it comes to taking/posting photos.

I'll get the daughter to put some up.

We've got 4 dogs (2 unraced greyhounds - brother Rocky and sister Dallas - too slow but beautiful temperaments) kept in a very large secure run, a Maremma (Crystal -hmmm gotta watch her) and a yellow Lab (Tyson).

Tyson's the elder statesman (about 12+). He just loves food!!! But he's the gentlest of dogs. He sits on the front verandah with the chooks and roosters and if they want to get from A to B they'll walk over him, or peck him until he moves.

He was a dyed-in-the-wool ball chaser/retriever (including in and out of dams) but he's a bit old for ball catching and chasing now. It's always done at full throttle.

If only we could get everyone to play at full throttle every week (like JZ for example), we'd win a lot more games.

Oh, and we've got 4 cats. They're segregated into two pairs because they fight- it's like Berlin before the wall came down!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back