SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could their be 43 posts on the Central Murray forum for November and only 8 here?
No news of recruits or much else.

I cannot believe how quiet the sfl league is, question does anyone know where tro moncur has ended up, I heard it was between woorinen and ouyen

Whats the point???? !!!!!!
Buying a flag that they probably already own.
Surely these little leagues have got to go.
Whats the point in paying for your town's side to "fly in" on a Saturday.
If you haven't got enough players for two sides then just have one open age side and an under age side.
The sides are really competing over who has access to the biggest bank balance.
I hope the farmers down there don't complain about how tough life is on the land.

Pretty sure jackson has singed with Nhill, youve got a guy in a earlier post stating that they have and asking questions about him.... Also i thought this time last yr monkey was thinking about going back up north? change of plans? guess alot can chnage in 1 yr...
Sad to say but the sfl is fairly quiet... can Irymple back it up next yr with the amount of young blokes and fire power leaving? whats the go with R/vale? any news there? are they any closer to getting a coach?? by the sounds of it they wont have a side next yr with the amount of players leaving (joking) but there is alot of talent leaving the 3549 area code...

the reality is if these small clubs didn't bring in a large number of players they probably would not exist. most mallee towns have had good crops in the last few years so are cashed up, my early favourite in the mallee league is actually underbool

Cold feet I believe (or google mapped how far he'd agreed to drive each week) and is back talking with Robinvale.
Ouyen? Washed up at 25 years old!

The same weekend i was told he had signed for Ouyen there was talk he is going to coach Robinvale. Must owe some money from sign on fees?:D

THE SILLY SEASON HAS OFFICALLY BEGUN:footy:

The same weekend i was told he had signed for Ouyen there was talk he is going to coach Robinvale. Must owe some money from sign on fees?:D

THE SILLY SEASON HAS OFFICALLY BEGUN:footy:

Heard the same "sign on fee" thing too!
Malleeboy can tell me that Leeroy Eggmoleese has signed with Merbein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Merbein have also signed Sam Doering(ex mildura), Francis Kelly(ex imps), Josh Longeri and Jeremy Weirnet (ex sea lake), Cam O'Brien (ex irymple), Lochlan Rohde (ex red cliffs) as well. These players will cost them some points

Apparently Merbein have also signed Sam Doering(ex mildura), Francis Kelly(ex imps), Josh Longeri and Jeremy Weirnet (ex sea lake), Cam O'Brien (ex irymple), Lochlan Rohde (ex red cliffs) as well. These players will cost them some points
true about all not sure about doering. all reserve players apart from weirnet and long and hairy who will be masive ins for the pies, but they have may of lost ben perkins it is likely he is moving back closer to family

Its not allways just about the money. Sure there will be some people that just play for the money. but most of them end up staying for a few seasons with little pay because they love it. You might find that the players actually enjoy playing at some of these mallee clubs more than places like this because of the atmosphere around the club, during and after the game. It was said that walpy/underbool baught their premierships with those adelaide boys 4 or 5 years ago. But what isnt talked about is that those players are still there. some of them with no pay because they simply love it. And now walpy look extremely strong again because those adelaide boys are bringing a coupld of guns
Maybe the reason that there isnt many posts in here, and that players are leaving to neighbouring leagues is because they are sick of the SFL. Sick of the politics. sick of the attitude. to me, the sfl thinks its way more professional than it needs to be. There are alot of players who just want to play footy for the fun of it. Its alot easier to do that in the mallee or millewa.

Its not allways just about the money. Sure there will be some people that just play for the money. but most of them end up staying for a few seasons with little pay because they love it. You might find that the players actually enjoy playing at some of these mallee clubs more than places like this because of the atmosphere around the club, during and after the game. It was said that walpy/underbool baught their premierships with those adelaide boys 4 or 5 years ago. But what isnt talked about is that those players are still there. some of them with no pay because they simply love it. And now walpy look extremely strong again because those adelaide boys are bringing a coupld of guns
Maybe the reason that there isnt many posts in here, and that players are leaving to neighbouring leagues is because they are sick of the SFL. Sick of the politics. sick of the attitude. to me, the sfl thinks its way more professional than it needs to be. There are alot of players who just want to play footy for the fun of it. Its alot easier to do that in the mallee or millewa.

Five hundred bucks a game plus makes it even more fun.

So the blokes at Walpy get in a car and drive 5 hours because they love the club? Turn it up. Biggest load of crap I have ever heard.
Mallee clubs are the first to admit they have to offer massive money or blokes just won't come. If you are not getting offered 800 a game in the Mallee you are not getting the going rate.
I noticed when Sea Lake diverted the funds to Jarrod Arentz and his mates and told the boys who were travelling from Mildura they could come but wouldn't get paid they didn't say they wanted to stay because the atmosphere after the game is great down there talking about the price of grain.

why would Merbein bother with this players? There not going to get them into the top 4.
i honestly dont see this as a step forward for Merbz, if anything these guy are going to cost them points on the system and take up enough cash...

Nineteen points I reckon
Using my limited knowledge of the points system
If everyone from 2011 drops a point they've got 14 points to play with.
Even less if the ex SFL players come in at 5 points each.

So the blokes at Walpy get in a car and drive 5 hours because they love the club? Turn it up. Biggest load of crap I have ever heard.
Mallee clubs are the first to admit they have to offer massive money or blokes just won't come. If you are not getting offered 800 a game in the Mallee you are not getting the going rate.
I noticed when Sea Lake diverted the funds to Jarrod Arentz and his mates and told the boys who were travelling from Mildura they could come but wouldn't get paid they didn't say they wanted to stay because the atmosphere after the game is great down there talking about the price of grain.

One of those adelaide boys married a local girl and now lives here. If your not getting 800 bucks lmao. Lets say 18 players getting 800 bucks over 16 odd games. thats a payroll of over 100k a year. How much money do you think these clubs have. But your on the money and know the facts. I didbt expect Sunraysia people to agree, but they might look at things and have a think.
Oh but on one small thing. When Arentz left Wentworth, he and his "mates" (one of which was hiis brother drew) went back to Manang....Not sea lake. And i guess another small note....they are still playing there now lol.

One of those adelaide boys married a local girl and now lives here. If your not getting 800 bucks lmao. Lets say 18 players getting 800 bucks over 16 odd games. thats a payroll of over 100k a year. How much money do you think these clubs have. But your on the money and know the facts. I didbt expect Sunraysia people to agree, but they might look at things and have a think.
Oh but on one small thing. When Arentz left Wentworth, he and his "mates" (one of which was hiis brother drew) went back to Manang....Not sea lake. And i guess another small note....they are still playing there now lol.
Arentz has signed on to coach sea lake next year and mallee clubs do spend upwards of 150k a year . . . both facts!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

You will find the Mallee Clubs have a lot of money to spend this year and every year due to bunkers in their towns.
They get the contarcts each year to transfer the grain which is worth Hundreds of thousands of dollars. They also employ footballers to do this work so really they are way a head of what we can do up here.
If they clubs don't do this, then contractors would come in and do it and they money will leave the town any way.
Country towns live for their footy and with out buying a team each year then they will loose the one thing that brings the towns together each week.
We don't want the Mallee league to disband or else Ouyen/Walpy will combine and come up here with $300,000 plus each year and smash us:D

You will find the Mallee Clubs have a lot of money to spend this year and every year due to bunkers in their towns.
They get the contarcts each year to transfer the grain which is worth Hundreds of thousands of dollars. They also employ footballers to do this work so really they are way a head of what we can do up here.
If they clubs don't do this, then contractors would come in and do it and they money will leave the town any way.
Country towns live for their footy and with out buying a team each year then they will loose the one thing that brings the towns together each week.
We don't want the Mallee league to disband or else Ouyen/Walpy will combine and come up here with $300,000 plus each year and smash us:D

I reckon if this did happen they would be subject to the points system and I dont think the sfl would let them in with a zero points total.

Eg Moncurr and jackson would be a cool 10 points on top of what they already have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back