• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

mr tickle

Debutant
Jan 8, 2008
Frankston
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting to see who everyone thinks is the best point guard in the league. Plenty will say Rose, but perhaps him not being as pure as some may mean others will think otherwise.
Westbrook is in the poll as he was NBA 2nd Team

Re: Best Point Guard?

interesting thread brah. you will receive and read a lot of informed posts about this.

some posters have declared irving to be better than some of the uncumbants already. ditto john wall.

darren williams has dropped off of late, prob cause he's playing for a s**t team.

some say that rondos assists stats are inflated cause the statsmen at home games give assists to the TWO passes preceeding the successful basket (a la NHL).

lack of mo williams is disappointing.

chuckbrook just chucks the ball and is more of a ME ME ME man.

for mine steve nash is the best PUREST PG in the league. He prefers to pass than score. And he prefers to win first look good second (white man), rather than the other way around.

derek fisher is the best PG in the triangle.

No Nash after 10 assists in 1st quarter today is a bit rough on the old bloke.

I voted D Rose, slightly biased I guess but when he comes up against CP3 he does beat him so that is good enough for me.

If he's 100% healthy, then I'm taking Chris Paul. Makes everyone around him better. Love Derrick Rose though, absolute gun.

Also, Kyle Lowry has reached that upper echelon of PG's in the NBA. Not on the Paul/Rondo/Rose/Williams/Westbrook level yet, but his performances since the All Star Break last season and early this season have been nothing short of fantastic. Stud.

Chris Paul for mine too.

Cannot stand Errick Rose. How someone with his physical attributes can be that woeful on one end of the floor and have it completely overlooked makes me angry. He should be a defensive stud, not a moving witches hat reliant on Noah and Deng to make up for his lack of effort to defense. It also makes me ill that the media has conveniently overlooked all of his wrongdoings and paints him as a saint. Very far from it.

Rose daylight for me, spanks Paul when he plays him.

And why should Rose worry too much about D? He has the best D team in the league around him. Focus where they need it.

I really like the way Deron Williams plays, he's just an incredibly smart player, Right now however there is only soo many times your willing to pass it to sheldon williams and travis Outlaw before you realise the better option is to jack up shots while double teamed.

However Overall I believe It's Paul, then Rose then Williams are the top 3
Westbrook/Rondo/Nash then follow in the "Second Tier"

I really like the way Deron Williams plays, he's just an incredibly smart player, Right now however there is only soo many times your willing to pass it to sheldon williams and travis Outlaw before you realise the better option is to jack up shots while double teamed.

However Overall I believe It's Paul, then Rose then Williams are the top 3
Westbrook/Rondo/Nash then follow in the "Second Tier"
Outlaw? Cmonson. Maybe watch some teams before you comment on them?

CP3 is easily the best PG in the league.

I voted D Rose, slightly biased I guess but when he comes up against CP3 he does beat him so that is good enough for me.

Let's wait until they meet in a final. It's pretty clear that CP3 only coasts at about 75% during the regular season to protect his knee. Let's also see what happens now that CP3 has a decent team around him.

I think Nash is second. He's an amazing PG who is playing with a bunch of scrubs. Imagine what he could do on a decent team.

Westbrook definitely, and to a lesser extent, Rose seem to be slightly undersized SG's playing at the point. Both Harden and Maynor seem to be able to direct OKC better than Westbrook. For Westbrook it should be a pretty simple equation. Look at scoreboard, am I taking the same amount (or within 75%) of shots as Durant is? If so, I'm doing it wrong.

interesting thread brah. you will receive and read a lot of informed posts about this.

some posters have declared irving to be better than some of the uncumbants already. ditto john wall.

darren williams has dropped off of late, prob cause he's playing for a s**t team.

some say that rondos assists stats are inflated cause the statsmen at home games give assists to the TWO passes preceeding the successful basket (a la NHL).

lack of mo williams is disappointing.

chuckbrook just chucks the ball and is more of a ME ME ME man.

for mine steve nash is the best PUREST PG in the league. He prefers to pass than score. And he prefers to win first look good second (white man), rather than the other way around.

derek fisher is the best PG in the triangle.
He's also the only 2x MVP at the point guard currently playing. It seems you only can play for a good team to get a mention except for Williams.

A point guard who can pass is one of the best things about the NBA. Unfortunately it's becoming about PPG to win an MVP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea why i dropped Outlaw's name:eek:

Point still stands, At least Lopez demands respect, the rest of the squad however...
:p

Yeah, Deron legitimately makes his teammates better (especially if he's in a functioning offence)

The drop off from Utah Boozer to Chicago Boozer is good evidence of that.

Back