Port Adelaide Cheers Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralph Lorenz

Premium Gold
Jan 19, 2012
Country VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is anyone on here with the official cheer squad?
Or does anyone take part in the making of the 'run-through' banner?
I'm sitting near the cheer squad this year and for some games I think I'll be by myself (usually go with my Dad and/or my girlfriend but both have work commitments throughout the season) so I'd be interested in helping out if possible/required and I'm just after some info on what happens and how I could help.

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic, I searched for one but I'm really just interested in whether anyone on here is a regular member of the cheer squad :)

Nah, im not.

Not really sure if anyone here is to be honest, we seem to create our own cheersquad in Bay 118 which looks a bit more exciting.

Enjoy chatting with Jags though haha.

Feel free to join us in Bay 118 ;).

I thought for sure most of the cheer squad would be on here.
Oh well, I'm in Bay 120 at the moment but I'd be more than happy to sit in Bay 118 if that's where the show's at! Easier to take the loss :p but better when we win ;)

I dunno, there may be a few of them on here, but not as many as the other forum we dont really talk about.

Think of us as the younger, cooler and better group of kids. Granted, if you like LA Ice the Cheer Squad may indeed be for you.

More than welcome to have a beer with us man, I moved two years back to Bay 118 with the lads, great bunch of lads.

I always considered myself young & cool.

Bay 118 looks like the place for me then!
What's the average age of everyone? Always hard to pick from these threads..

I'm 21 and I definitely feel like one of the young ones.

Told my girlfriend about your show at the Fringe too, so we're going to get tickets if they're still available ;)

Its a free show, no need for tickets man!

Im 24, most of the boys are around my age/bit younger.

Then a few of them are a bit older, but young at heart.

But age doesnt really matter tbh, The Big Warrior comes along most games and he is ancient.

164388_180768858628886_104519429587163_372806_1795317_n.jpg

There's two cheer squads but from what I've heard they don't quite like each other which is stupid since they're all there for the same cause.

Anyway 118 is a great place to sit for the lulz. Espeically at Showdowns when we get the Joyrene Ladies, angry WWT Kevin Bacon look a-like guy and most recently these wanks that were all in our face ringing bells (no joke) and the like. The best part was when they said we were going to lose by 10 goals... the only thing that happened was a 10 goal turn around. However they did manage to give everyone within a 5 meter proximity SARS.

Given the label we've always been slapped on as 'ferals' and 'scum', you would think as supporters, we would all stick together!?
bit sad to hear we don't get along with them... At least they barrack for the same team..

I presume everyone's scattered around Bay 118?

haha first showdown of 2011 would have been awesome. Not much compares to shoving a win in the faces of some cocky Cow supporters at at Showdown.

Just to confirm man,

When Rory mentioned the Two Cheer Squads, we arent included in that.

There is the Outer Army, and the PAFC Cheer Squad. Believe they dont get along.

Then there is another Forum, and us.

Alot of us are on both Forums, but there is also a large percentage that get banned if they find out you are on BigFooty. Bit of a joke really.

Anyway, we are da best mang, we deed it

There's two cheer squads but from what I've heard they don't quite like each other which is stupid since they're all there for the same cause.

Anyway 118 is a great place to sit for the lulz. Espeically at Showdowns when we get the Joyrene Ladies, angry WWT Kevin Bacon look a-like guy and most recently these wanks that were all in our face ringing bells (no joke) and the like. The best part was when they said we were going to lose by 10 goals... the only thing that happened was a 10 goal turn around. However they did manage to give everyone within a 5 meter proximity SARS.

Don't forget the behemoth who spent the first quarter calling us feral scum and yelling out "come on you Croweaters" like we weren't even South Aussies before spitting in a Port woman's face, throwing her beer over the guy who tried to intervene and awkwardly hurdling a row of seats to attempt to punch a third.

The highlight of it all being her underage son who trailed behind the WESLOs and SAPOL as she was hauled out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the the one with the stilettos that manged to climb 3 rows with quite a few beers under her belt? She even managed to avoid ejection the first time but then was done the second time when out of nowhere she appeared in the middle of the cheer squad. She must have been a T-1000 and was able to melt down to a mercury like liquid and re-form.

Just to confirm man,

When Rory mentioned the Two Cheer Squads, we arent included in that.

There is the Outer Army, and the PAFC Cheer Squad. Believe they dont get along.

Then there is another Forum, and us.

Alot of us are on both Forums, but there is also a large percentage that get banned if they find out you are on BigFooty. Bit of a joke really.

Anyway, we are da best mang, we deed it

ahhhhhha! I didn't understand what BF forum could've possible done to the PAFC official Cheer Squad to get them off side... This now makes sense lol.

Is that FanFooty?? trying to segregate people like some sort of AFL-style Berlin Wall? If we wanted to be communists, we'd all support Hawthorn.

Thanks for the insight Rory and Tribey, I now know what i'm in for!! :cool:

Silver members can get around to Bay 118 yeah?

I might head around this year sometime along the line then, nothing like good footy banter

If I can get away from the prawn and watercress sandwiches and chilled Chardonnay in the members then ill try and sit with you clowns for a match this year.