Port Adelaide Cheers Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember around 04 the cheersquad would do the banners on a wednesday night, not too sure when they do it now

If I can get away from the prawn and watercress sandwiches and chilled Chardonnay in the members then ill try and sit with you clowns for a match this year.

I'm sure Squid Jags will have a fresh net of barnacles to snack on, washed down with a LA Ice with a use by date 2006.

Yeah lets meet at a bar during that game.

Underneath the Grand Stand on the Northern End at that pub?

Reckon myself and possibly The Big Warrior will be there. Though he might want to watch the CrowBots.

Yeah lets meet at a bar during that game.

Underneath the Grand Stand on the Northern End at that pub?

Reckon myself and possibly The Big Warrior will be there. Though he might want to watch the CrowBots.

Well if TSW is there, I'll be there :)

I'm unmistakable, big, fat and handsome, with a glowing personailty :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the banner subject - are they past their use-by date? I mean do we really need one every week? What's the point really? I'd rather see one on special occasions like milestone games and finals - forget the rest?

*ducks for cover*

Yeah, I'm over banners now. But, being on the banner is part of the sponsorship packages.

Without those window washers at the black diamond corner the local economy suffers! Plus I'm usually too lazy to fill up the window wiper fluid come those cold winter mornings :p

Let's face it, Squidjags is the only good thing about that cheersquad. And even then his physical ineptitude re banner raising, and apparent lack of any vocal chords mean he's pretty much just there as window dressing anyway.

What ever happened to the guy that held up ALF? He seemed to disappear the same time you got your authentic ALF phone. Coincidence I think not....

Just to slide off topic for a moment, how do you guys who also play football for a club combat missing games due to playing for your respective clubs?

This year I'm considering being a self-assigned emergency if I'm picked on a Port game (with my club in Div 6, I can't see this ultimately being an issue), but I'm keen to hear your opinions.

Just to slide off topic for a moment, how do you guys who also play football for a club combat missing games due to playing for your respective clubs?

This year I'm considering being a self-assigned emergency if I'm picked on a Port game (with my club in Div 6, I can't see this ultimately being an issue), but I'm keen to hear your opinions.

I'm U18's but when i fill in for C grade i can just make it for the bounce (traffic deciding) but i have had to miss the odd game due to Fri/Sat night footy

CLub footy comes first, can always watch the game on PTV afterwards

Is anyone on here with the official cheer squad?
Or does anyone take part in the making of the 'run-through' banner?
I'm sitting near the cheer squad this year and for some games I think I'll be by myself (usually go with my Dad and/or my girlfriend but both have work commitments throughout the season) so I'd be interested in helping out if possible/required and I'm just after some info on what happens and how I could help.

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic, I searched for one but I'm really just interested in whether anyone on here is a regular member of the cheer squad :)

Banners are made on friday nights at Enfield Community Centre.
https://www.facebook.com/PortAdelaideCheerSquadSupportersClub
https://twitter.com/PACSSC