NAB Cup Rd 1 Sydney V's Cats V's Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Game is on tonight and use this thread for all in game discussion and pre match talk then it will be moved to the Gameday Board at the conclusion of the match. :thumbsu:

A reminder though...

Video Streams

International viewers can get live video of games from http://www.afl.livesport.tv/.

Local viewers can see games on Foxtel or via XBox or T-Box etc.

Please do not post in this thread asking for links to streams or supplying them. Your account will be suspended for a day.

pavilion103

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
I am very excited for this match. Can't wait to see some of the youngsters unleashed.
I've heard people saying Swans and Saints are fielding strong sides. Is this true?

steve_aust

Draftee
Feb 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah, foxtel installed today...
I'm going to try 2012 without foxtel, & just go with channel 7's free to air. If I can't stand the '7' commentary team -or- over saturation with adds, I'll sign up with fox ...
PS Anyone know where you can pick up 2012 Fixture cards?
last year Coles and KFC in Melbourne had them, but can't find this year ...

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I am very excited for this match. Can't wait to see some of the youngsters unleashed.
I've heard people saying Swans and Saints are fielding strong sides. Is this true?

saints only really have Dal Santo, Gwilt & Montagna missing. having said that we've names a squad of 34, with 14 players played between 0 & 10 games.

I'm going to try 2012 without foxtel, & just go with channel 7's free to air. If I can't stand the '7' commentary team -or- over saturation with adds, I'll sign up with fox ...
PS Anyone know where you can pick up 2012 Fixture cards?
last year Coles and KFC in Melbourne had them, but can't find this year ...

Excellent question, I'm a big fan of those handy cards.

I got one of the cards in that $7 dreamteam guide thing. It's pretty useless for DT advice, I just enjoy reading the player profiles :p. Plus when someone told me you get one the fixtures, it sealed the deal.

You can buy them at newsagents. Im not sure if you still can, but I assume you could.

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
They had the fixture card in the Footy Record last week too. (not that it's much use unless you're going to a game or they're available at newsagents down there?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
Sydney looking quick.

Alex Johnson looking sharp in defence and at kick ins.

Bolton looks fit.

It's just a matter of time before Reid becomes one of the top forwards in the league.

Plenty to like.

Is Rohan playing tonight?

My god Sam Reid would have to be one of the most promising players in the AFL.

Yep and he has a great set of hands. :thumbsu:

If he just works on the kicking accuracy he will be VERY good.

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sydney are looking good. A bit worrying for the Saints given the strength of their lineup? Not that Sydney aren't reasonably strong, but the Saints could only be missing half a dozen players?

At the end of the day it is just a practice run and they do have a new coach. No reason to be concerned I wouldn't have thought.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
At the end of the day it is just a practice run and they do have a new coach. No reason to be concerned I wouldn't have thought.

Yeah you're probably right. Just seems like the closest team to full strength in the comp so far.

But you're right they looked like they were trialling some new structures and it is February and all that.

Oct 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Sydney look great.

They're going to spank Geelong who are missing Kelly, Corey, Johnson, Christensen, Scarlett, Chapman, Enright, Pods, Hawkins, Varcoe, Menzel and Vardy.

Practically missing our entire forward line.

Depends who we sub out for Geelong game, our 1st game squad is pretty strong i'd say, so would think our 2nd games squad would be considerably weaker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back