MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The Suns

Draftee
Feb 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Best team will be Lexton... They have picked up templeton and aspland from carngham, braeckmans from swans who will strengthen up forward with Brown and a handy backman from Maryborough who will strengthen the defence with Shaw and Thorne... all handy pick ups. They have kept all their players from all reports including Casey Robins and Locandro who was apparently training with Swan Districts in the WAFL. Was already a very strong team last year and look like they will get stronger again and will take some beating. No doubt Carrisbrook and and Navarre will be up there again with Maldon to drop a little bit witha few older players and the loss of Caine

Worst team will probably be Talbot.

Pyrenees Puma

Debutant
May 27, 2007
Central victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Avoca
I heard a whisper that Dunolly picked up Ash Grant. Apparently he is a good kick and can deliver the ball well on both feet.

Would that be the same twinkle toed lad who played out at Avoca a couple of seasons ago, If so,a good pick up for Dunolly.

If its the same Ash,he fancied himself as a bit of a long distance runner,so fitness shouldn,t be a problem.
icon7.gif

Played the game hard of a Saturday he did. But truly excelled after dark on the dance floor. But after midnight was were he was most dangerous. That's the whisper I've heard.

Rojer_Ramjet

Senior List
Jun 11, 2006
Library
AFL Club
Essendon
Would that be the same twinkle toed lad who played out at Avoca a couple of seasons ago, If so,a good pick up for Dunolly.

If its the same Ash,he fancied himself as a bit of a long distance runner,so fitness shouldn,t be a problem.
icon7.gif

Played the game hard of a Saturday he did. But truly excelled after dark on the dance floor. But after midnight was were he was most dangerous. That's the whisper I've heard.

How is the coaching treating you Puma? Any new players or old players returning to help fill the void?

Pyrenees Puma

Debutant
May 27, 2007
Central victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Avoca
How is the coaching treating you Puma? Any new players or old players returning to help fill the void?

You missed by a mile on the coaching comment Roger, But our coaching staff this year is doing a great job so far, with a good mix of previous players returning and time will tell, but so far the new recruits look to be very good pick ups.
Last i heard there were around 14 new in's to the club. With a fair bit of height amongst those recruited.

Miffey

Rookie
Feb 21, 2012
Nagambie
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sportsbet odds are up:

Carisbrook 4.00
Natte 4.00
Lexton 5.50
Navarre 6.50
Maldon 7.00
Newstead 13.00
Harcourt 17.00
Trentham 21.00
Rovers 21.00
Dunolly 26.00
Campbells Creek 34.00
Avoca 67.00
Talbot 101.00
Royal Park 251.00

Interesting that the leagues around the Bendigo region are the first to go out - must be a lot of keen punters in central Vic - none more so than me.
Pyrenees Puma will be shattered to see Avoca 3rd bottom on the betting whilst Dunolly will be keen to prove the bookies wrong after their recruiting drive.
As for the main threats this league really is a lottery more so than most with any of the top 5 realistic chances. Any chance of seeing Newstead or Harcourt playing late in September?
I might go with the tip of Lexton at this stage, as long as Carisbrook doesn't win I'll be happy!

wombat8

Rookie
Jun 5, 2008
south east maryborough
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Best team will be Lexton... They have picked up templeton and aspland from carngham, braeckmans from swans who will strengthen up forward with Brown and a handy backman from Maryborough who will strengthen the defence with Shaw and Thorne... all handy pick ups. They have kept all their players from all reports including Casey Robins and Locandro who was apparently training with Swan Districts in the WAFL. Was already a very strong team last year and look like they will get stronger again and will take some beating. No doubt Carrisbrook and and Navarre will be up there again with Maldon to drop a little bit witha few older players and the loss of Caine

Worst team will probably be Talbot.
Interesting that Lexton can manage to recruit big name players, probably on big money But they still can't manage to field junior teams. Makes you wonder about their priorities and why the hell the MCDFL even let them in the competition without juniors in the first place. Perhaps if they were penalized Senior match points for not fielding juniors their attitude might change

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
Interesting that Lexton can manage to recruit big name players, probably on big money But they still can't manage to field junior teams. Makes you wonder about their priorities and why the hell the MCDFL even let them in the competition without juniors in the first place. Perhaps if they were penalized Senior match points for not fielding juniors their attitude might change

You have to have juniors to put them in a team

Pyrenees Puma

Debutant
May 27, 2007
Central victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Avoca
You have to have juniors to put them in a team

You would think that Lexton would be looking for longevity out of there club,there obviously a very successful club, going deep into finals over the last few years. The question would be, do you consider playing finals with your senior team,and also being the yard stick of the comp, Is that club success?
Some would say yes and i suppose some would say no.
The other question is the talk of the money that's involved, Lexton and Navarre allegedly spending around 100,000 dollars with Natte up around that figure as well, if you believe the rumors.
The figure isn't that important really because if its 80,000 or even 60,000 a year. these type of player budgets were not being spent before these teams joined our league. I know people will jump on this and say$60,000 - $100,000
what bull s**t. Before you do that have a really big think about how easily the money runs away.$15,000 $20,000 for a coach if your lucky $400 - $1000 for a good forward X 2 $100 - $ 400 for descent midfielders and there is still another 15 to 18 players to get to put your team together.
That's were having no good juniors really hurts you ( Right in the hip pocket)
IMO its not sustainable. But i wish these clubs all the best of luck.

Rojer_Ramjet

Senior List
Jun 11, 2006
Library
AFL Club
Essendon
You would think that Lexton would be looking for longevity out of there club,there obviously a very successful club, going deep into finals over the last few years. The question would be, do you consider playing finals with your senior team,and also being the yard stick of the comp, Is that club success?
Some would say yes and i suppose some would say no.
The other question is the talk of the money that's involved, Lexton and Navarre allegedly spending around 100,000 dollars with Natte up around that figure as well, if you believe the rumors.
The figure isn't that important really because if its 80,000 or even 60,000 a year. these type of player budgets were not being spent before these teams joined our league. I know people will jump on this and say$60,000 - $100,000
what bull s**t. Before you do that have a really big think about how easily the money runs away.$15,000 $20,000 for a coach if your lucky $400 - $1000 for a good forward X 2 $100 - $ 400 for descent midfielders and there is still another 15 to 18 players to get to put your team together.
That's were having no good juniors really hurts you ( Right in the hip pocket)
IMO its not sustainable. But i wish these clubs all the best of luck.

Avoca paying you that much to coach mate?

bucko

Senior List
Aug 28, 2006
Nambucca Heads
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Avoca paying you that much to coach mate?

Sorry RR. I know who Pyrenees Puma is and you are way off the mark!

I can tell you that PP is 100% most definitely not Pilgs!

As Avoca’s coach in 2012, It would not be in his best interests to make comments about other clubs on this forum, and he is intelligent enough to know that.:)

Miffey

Rookie
Feb 21, 2012
Nagambie
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The hunt for Pyrenees Puma has begun! I don't care if I have to contact ASIO, it is my goal to find out who this is by the end of the year!

NOTFUSSED

Rookie
Aug 16, 2009
Ballarat
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Fair call
Isn't there more clubs in this comp without juniors?
Might be abit unfair to take points from them, but I can see your point.
I think all clubs should work together to make this league stronger and more important get more respect from other leagues, so if that means copping a few teams with no kids in there towns so be it.

I've seen over the years country clubs fold eventually cause of having no junoirs, but also seen clubs come back and thrive on success from the senior team.
A Successful senior team brings more people more players and hopefully some young kids that want to have a kick.
So maybe that's what lexton are $banking$ on.
You really can't expect some country clubs to have juniors, when the simple fact is there is none

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyrenees Puma

Debutant
May 27, 2007
Central victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Avoca
Sorry RR. I know who Pyrenees Puma is and you are way off the mark!

I can tell you that PP is 100% most definitely not Pilgs!

As Avoca’s coach in 2012, It would not be in his best interests to make comments about other clubs on this forum, and he is intelligent enough to know that.:)[/quote

Have heard your thoughts around the club bucko, You are closer than roger but still a long way from kicking a six pointer.
But you are correct, definitely not pilgs, A fact which i am sure roger is aware of as well, I wonder why is he trying to say it is.

Magpies 4 eva

Rookie
Sep 15, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any clubs have any practice matches coming up?

not to far away away form the real stuff now, how is everyone looking any big signings or departures

Magpies 4 eva

Rookie
Sep 15, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
also forgot to ask how is the interleague selected as we didn't have it where i played last year. does the coach or the league select players

any help is appreciated

wombat8

Rookie
Jun 5, 2008
south east maryborough
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Been pretty quiet on this site so far and with the season already underway I was wondering what peoples thoughts and predictions for the year ahead are.
To start the ball rolling I can say that things seem pretty good around the Trentham camp with some good recruits and a sound base from last year they hope to be very competitive.
Trentham Committee has done a lot of work to ensure that the club will field sides in all grades of footy and netball. Not saying that the teams will be world beaters or even if we will be able to field the full compliment of players in each division but at least we will have kids out there having a go

Crafty 4 PM

Debutant
Apr 23, 2007
The Golf House
AFL Club
Geelong
Have been keeping an eye on Lextons results in the paper and have noticed that livewire forward Ben LeMarshal hasnt been listed in thre best all season. Is he out injured or hung up the boots? Would be a massive loss for the tigers...

Magpies 4 eva

Rookie
Sep 15, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having beaten the two grand finalists from last season so far this year, have Natte and Navare dropped off or has trentham improved that much?

I would have to say that the grand final teams have dropped off a bit as when we played Trentham didn't think they were all that great to be honest and 1/2 a bad quarter cost us the game.

But having said that it opens up the competition abit......

Any news on the final interleague squads?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back