NRL 2012 Melbourne Storm Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I do agree with you re alternating between the 2 cities eventually, but keep them in Hobart to show some loyalty.

I was more thinking that the trial could be played in Launceston, then a regular season match in Hobart. Definitely want the trial to be against a big rival where possible.

I beg to differ and think the opposition should be a popular team (as were the Broncos) for e.g. Dragons (for a trial) and the Rabbits (for a home and away round).

I don't think you should be taking Storm/Broncos games away from Melbourne to Hobart due to the big crowd pulling power the Broncos have in Melbourne. It should be a team that doesn't pull a big crowd in Melbourne. Rugby League has a advantage that most in Tasmania don't know much about it so to get a foot hold down there it doesn't matter what teams you send. Perhaps send a excitement machined team like the Wests Tigers (sorry Meltigers) or the Cowboys.

North Hobart Oval is just a sublime place to be, except when the wind is coming from the south. Have spent many a winter's day there watching the Demons go round.
They won't want to share it with the north. Leave it at one place.

I love Tassie and been there a number of times, but I didn't realise there was an intense rivalry between Hobart and Launceston. Now here is a dilema, what if Launceston may want to see some rugby league games?

I know the Hawks and Saints play some games in Tassie so can you tell me whether its in Hobart or Launceston?

I love Tassie and been there a number of times, but I didn't realise there was an intense rivalry between Hobart and Launceston. Now here is a dilema, what if Launceston may want to see some rugby league games?

I know the Hawks and Saints play some games in Tassie so can you tell me whether its in Hobart or Launceston?
Massive rivallry and has been a real sticking point in getting anything and anyone to play there.
It was an unspoken agreement that launny would have the AFL and hobart would have the cricket. Now that has all changed.
Noticed tonight that the Storm don't have a sponsor for the back of their jersey. This something they are working on?
Didn't they sign host plus again a week or so ago? Might have only been a minor sponsor. I bought a media cap this week and Crown isnthe only sponsor on it so you are probably right.

Decent start to the year. Have to laugh at a team that goes the field goal too early then gets beat :D

72 minutes is not too early if you have the defence to then finish the job. Raiders didn't show much defence all night though.

Contemplating coming down to Mebourne for their match against the might of South Sydney. What are ticket sales like for the home opener at Swan St Stadium, March 11?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll be fine. Zero chance of a sell out.

Cheers.

You wouldnt be on the LU forums under the same name by any chance? I've had a read of some of the crap over there. So preoccupied with AFL and flinging personal insults at each other. Rarely any decent discussion about rugby league. The forums on that site are the worst advertisement for rugby league.

LOL Yes I am.

They aren't so bad, once you wade through the trolling ;)

If you do head down, one thing I'd recomend is looking at buying a decent seat. the good seats can be decent value given GA / entirely behind the goal line costs so bloody much.

They aren't so bad, once you wade through the trolling ;)

Haha too true. I've never seen the word 'merkin' used in quite so many contexts...

If you do head down, one thing I'd recomend is looking at buying a decent seat. the good seats can be decent value given GA / entirely behind the goal line costs so bloody much.

Or grab a single game membership (aka the 'Try Pass') for $19, makes GA a bit cheaper.

Haha too true. I've never seen the word 'merkin' used in quite so many contexts...
that's the word filter. I know 'c..t' automatically becomes 'merkin'.......first hand experience.

but IMO, the gutter doesn't adequately describe the forums. the majority are keyboard warriors.

Or grab a single game membership (aka the 'Try Pass') for $19, makes GA a bit cheaper.
cheers for the tips guys. let's see how the rabbits perform tomorrow night. if i dont walk out 10mins before the end of game from sheer frustration due to their ill-discipline, then a road trip with a few mates for the weekend is probably on. hopefully madge has instilled some steel into the team this off-season.

A little disappointed with the win. We didn't play like the Storm, was very expansive with our attack and had plenty of drop ball. I may not be paying the Raiders as much credit as I should though.

A little disappointed with the win. We didn't play like the Storm, was very expansive with our attack and had plenty of drop ball. I may not be paying the Raiders as much credit as I should though.
I don't think you are paying the rain the credit you should, to be honest. We won't play in conditions like that again for a while. I'm sure we will execute the game plan better in drier conditions.

Looking forward to the likes of Chambers, Fonua, Blair, Ryles coming in and replacing the likes of Quinn, Lowrie and Nielsen too. Huge improvement right there.

Cam Smith and of course the kick from Cronk to Billy saved our skins.

Now Mrs. Furner has come out and complained about some sort of chin-strap tackle and ran to the media to have a whinge:D

Mind you the Raiders played the Storm in a trial and won...nothing was mentioned about any chin tackles then. Nor in the trial again the Broncos in Hobart.

Were the Melbourne players attacking the heads or not?

Simple as that.

Wish they had actually come down on Bellamy during the scandal and banned the scum from the sport. His tactics are against the best interests of the sport.

& yes, it now appears to have been copied by other teams. Saw both teams (Gosford game) doing it last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back