'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge/SuperCoach question - how's his pre-season been? I didn't catch the match on Saturday but reading between the lines, you guys were a bit down on him and what he might produce this year.

Luke Hodge/SuperCoach question - how's his pre-season been? I didn't catch the match on Saturday but reading between the lines, you guys were a bit down on him and what he might produce this year.

He will produce for us mate, just not sure he will produce for you as his SuperCoach.

He won't get the kind of numbers he got in 2010 but there is every chance he will spend more time forward & might be amongst the goals a little more often.

How's Hodge traveling? I may seem harsh in saying this, but is he 100%? The last few games I've watched him play I've seen more than a few grubbed kicks and not as many disposals as we're used to seeing him gather.
Not that number of disposals is a completely reliable indicator, but still.

I was hoping maybe he was just told to take it easy in the preseason, saving his juice for the real thing.

How's Hodge traveling? I may seem harsh in saying this, but is he 100%? The last few games I've watched him play I've seen more than a few grubbed kicks and not as many disposals as we're used to seeing him gather.
Not that number of disposals is a completely reliable indicator, but still.

I was hoping maybe he was just told to take it easy in the preseason, saving his juice for the real thing.

Was going to ask the same thing. I feel like his kicking has been off for a little while actually. When was the last time we saw him flush a 50+ lace out pass? I'm sure he'll bounce back

Hodgey's disposal has been pretty ordinary for a while now. It used to be one of the beautiful points of differentiation between him and Judd, now he just hacks it as well.

I'm not sure what is behind it, his body could be completely wrecked from his aggressive high-impact game style, but by the same token he's such a warrior he wouldn't let on to anyone.

I really hope he can get back to his best, bursting out of the middle with freakish clearances, to drill elite level passes, not to mention wracking up tackles and taking commanding marks.

Best of luck Hodgey, 2012, year of the warrior :D

Ok, a friend of mine's son, mad Hawks supporter, has just turned 18 and wants to get a tattoo.
He wants to get his tatt done by the same artist/studio that did Buddy's tribal tattoo's.
Does anyone happen to know where Buddy got his ink done?
I have searched the net and couldnt come up with much.

Thanks in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodgey's disposal has been pretty ordinary for a while now. It used to be one of the beautiful points of differentiation between him and Judd, now he just hacks it as well.

I'm not sure what is behind it, his body could be completely wrecked from his aggressive high-impact game style, but by the same token he's such a warrior he wouldn't let on to anyone.

I really hope he can get back to his best, bursting out of the middle with freakish clearances, to drill elite level passes, not to mention wracking up tackles and taking commanding marks.

Will play a fair bit across HF this year IMO.

It's got to be said that we are still 2 weeks from Round 1 & Hodge only has eyes for September so let's not get too crazy, too soon; however, with Shiels, Cyril, Whitecross establishing themselves - the latter 2 pushing for more 'Centre' time, I think his future lies as a 35-goal per year HFF who cameos in the middle to settle us down or give us an edge.

With Mitchell, Sewell & Lewis providing leadership through the midfield & Burgoyne, Murphy, Guerra & maybe Roughead providing it down back, playing the Captain at HF sounds great to me & will prolong both his career & his ability to produce 'A Grade' performances.

Not a question but just thought I'd let you know that I saw Hodgey in the city tonight after the GP at a VIP event when he was getting into a cap with his mates.

His mate chucked his VIP pass to us and then Hodgey chucked his across as well which was an awesome thing to do. It was so sweet in that VIP GP club!

Great bloke!

Hodge is one of the best kicks in the league, period. That kind of talent and skill doesn't dissipate in a instant. It would be just a confidence thing.

Even so he generally hasn't been to bad, it's just when he is trying kicks of one step with little margin for error. And that's sometimes poor decision making than anything and he would know he does not need to be told.

I suspect because we got guys Suckling and Savage, all of a sudden competition for best kick is not so clear cut and he is proud and just trying to over compensate. But one thing you know about Hodgey is that he is class and when it really matters he will do the right thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back