YVMDFL Thread - 2012

Taj Mahal

Debutant
Mar 3, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Clearances are interesting.
What is happening at Mt Ev? Last man out turns off the lights? Rumors of a bit of a stoush, but must of been something more in it.
Lucky for Healesville, who lost a few with not much coming in. Will stay in Div 1 if Mt Ev don't settle down.
Emerald list is looking ok. Some good pickups. They will surprise a few.
Wander In doubled their population with 20+ clearances. Hope they can find the ground. Only lost a couple. If they build on last year and raise the cash, they could be smokies for the gf.
Brookers picked up a couple of quality as did Upwey, with a few others returning, so both will be hard to beat.
Some very quiet clubs out there.
Olinda and Monbulk. Very little in or out, but Olinda have a heap of kids coming up. They need a few older heads on the park.
Woori, with none coming in and losing a couple plus 2 kids to VFL. Witkoski will be back from up north I reckon, but nothing to bring much hope so far.
Warby lost a couple, gained a couple, so will be much the same.
Will we see some new sides fighting out the finals and a couple of old rivals battling to stay in div 1?

Rufee Ralph

Debutant
Feb 27, 2012
At home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sacked, pushed, walked, depends on who you speak to but strong word on the street is that the mark holly era at Seville is over. He 's goorrnn.

TeeS

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2007
Tim Scott OFCFNC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
OFCFNC
Took the kids up the Warby trail on the pushies today, cracking weather and excellent coffee (River a bit cold for mine). Went across to have a look at the Warby ground. Brand new Netty Court and Cricket Nets are all but ready and look awesome, really good job and great to have the Warby Netball finally on sight. Always wondered why the pitch at Warbys ground runs wing to wing ? Was standing out in the middle and I think it'd be better if it ran goal to goal. Just my opinion !

Bloods off for 1st Praccy at Alex this Saturday, hope the weather is just as good. Unsure of format but think we have a "6 Qtr" match with no U18s, 3 games of Netty to get the girls going as well !

Monniehawk

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Monbulk, Upwey, Strathmore, St Alba
Just an ideas, but would there be much interest in a Crystal Ball thread?
Say, a list of predictions for the coming season and a cut off time early in the season. We can then check to see who is the most accurate and monitor progress of predictions throughout the season.
1 point for each correct prediction
If there is enough interest, I will try to arrange some prizes for the winner/s

Example list (you might want to suggest some of your own questions. Just keep it polite!)

1 point for every correct answer.
Division One Questions

1. How many wins will the Premier team have during the H&A season?
  2. Who will be Premiers?
  3. Who will be Wooden spooners?
  4. Who will finish 5th?
  5. How many wins will the WANDIN 1st side have during the H&A season?
  6. Which side will kick the highest score for the H&A
  7. Tie-breaker – nominate the score in points.
  8. Who will be the League leading goalkicker?
  9. Name one player to finish in the top three in the YVMDFL B&F
  10. Who will win the YVMDFL B&F?
  11. Who will be the leading goalkicker?
  12. Nominate a central umpire who will get a Grand Final berth?
  13. and a Goal Umpire?
  14. and a Boundary Umpire?
  15. Who will win "The Golden Whistle" for 2012?
Division Two Questions

1. How many wins will the Premier team have during the H&A season?
  2. Who will be Premiers?
  3. Who will be Wooden spooners?
  4. Who will finish 5th?
  5. How many wins will the BELGRAVE 1st side have during the H&A season?
  6. Which side will kick the highest score for the H&A
  7. Tie-breaker – nominate the score in points.
  8. Who will be the League leading goalkicker?
  9. Name one player to finish in the top three in the YVMDFL B&F
  10. Who will win the YVMDFL B&F?
  11. Who will be the leading goalkicker?
  12. Nominate a central umpire who will get a (Div 2) Grand Final berth?
  13. and Goal Umpire?
  14. and a Boundary Umpire?
That's a total of 29.

If you have suggestions for an even 30 questions (I.E. Which club will be first to forfeit their U18's after the draw is announced?) OR a question you think should be asked, PM me or post them here.
Again, if enough response I will start a Crystal Ball thread, arrange for some prizes, and let you all go for it.

Or, maybe someone would prefer to organise a tipping competition.

Warby Hwy

Rookie
Dec 4, 2011
East Warburton
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey Tees ive seen your name scattered all over the honour board for cricket aswell up at Olinda. But if you had to face Brendan Woods you would be thankful he wasn't pushing off the nets at the top end with the gum trees behind him. And the taunts of give him the 'Goon Ball' ringing through the hills. Beautiful cricket ground though, very picturesque!

the torp

Rookie
Nov 24, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Does anyone know of any div clubs practice matches.

I want to go watch a few teams that will be around the top of the ladder

Yarra Glenn
Belgrave
Seville
Alexandra

looking to go watch over the next 3 weeks and need some help on where each club is playing and when

TeeS

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2007
Tim Scott OFCFNC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
OFCFNC
Hey Tees ive seen your name scattered all over the honour board for cricket aswell up at Olinda. But if you had to face Brendan Woods you would be thankful he wasn't pushing off the nets at the top end with the gum trees behind him. And the taunts of give him the 'Goon Ball' ringing through the hills. Beautiful cricket ground though, very picturesque!

The Goon Ball, what a classic...
What chance would I be to charge "The Goon Ball" ?
What is "The Goon Ball" ?
I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight face facing B.Woods. I did stand there yesterday in a batting stance, imagining someone coming down the hill, fair to say they'd get some asisstance. Hard work for the poor bugger from the other end lol

Burnt out

Senior List
May 8, 2009
Yarra Valley
Took the kids up the Warby trail on the pushies today, cracking weather and excellent coffee (River a bit cold for mine). Went across to have a look at the Warby ground. Brand new Netty Court and Cricket Nets are all but ready and look awesome, really good job and great to have the Warby Netball finally on sight. Always wondered why the pitch at Warbys ground runs wing to wing ? Was standing out in the middle and I think it'd be better if it ran goal to goal. Just my opinion !

Bloods off for 1st Praccy at Alex this Saturday, hope the weather is just as good. Unsure of format but think we have a "6 Qtr" match with no U18s, 3 games of Netty to get the girls going as well !
Im not a cricketer and im not 100% sure, but arent all pitches layed Nth to Sth so the sun doesnt become an issue . ?

sid snot

Senior List
Jun 13, 2008
Dandenongs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ofcfcfcfcnc
Im not a cricketer and im not 100% sure, but arent all pitches layed Nth to Sth so the sun doesnt become an issue . ?

correct ....the one at olinda used to run slightly off north South so when you were batting late at training the sun just caught your eye.........when the ground was fixed up i think it was moved slightly

Fisbo

Debutant
Aug 12, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone know of any div clubs practice matches.

I want to go watch a few teams that will be around the top of the ladder

Yarra Glenn
Belgrave
Seville
Alexandra

looking to go watch over the next 3 weeks and need some help on where each club is playing and when
Mt Lilydale D4 (lowest grade) in VAFA are playing Yarra Glen at Yarra Glen Sunday 18th.11am start Res & Seniors. Mt Lilydale then play Alexandra the following Sunday at Alexandra the Yarra Junction the week after on Saturday at Yarra Junction.

Footy Rules

Senior List
Sep 18, 2009
Ringwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a wealth of knowledge the league website is!! Any chance anything can be updated or a new news story of one of the clubs. It's been the same stuff since last year, l'm sure with the season fast approaching something on the starting dates, interleague updates, anything. Come on Mr Walter give us something.

TeeS

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2007
Tim Scott OFCFNC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
OFCFNC
What a wealth of knowledge the league website is!! Any chance anything can be updated or a new news story of one of the clubs. It's been the same stuff since last year, l'm sure with the season fast approaching something on the starting dates, interleague updates, anything. Come on Mr Walter give us something.

Did you email your thoughts to Mr.Walter ???

Stacey Cooper has recently left the YV admin and I'm pretty sure she was website administrator so it may be in the throes of being changed over to someone else to handle...

Footy Rules

Senior List
Sep 18, 2009
Ringwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you email your thoughts to Mr.Walter ???

Stacey Cooper has recently left the YV admin and I'm pretty sure she was website administrator so it may be in the throes of being changed over to someone else to handle...
Fair enough Tees but when you scroll through the websites of the Northern FL, EDFL, MPNFL & EFL just to name a few you can read for hours all throughout the year where as ours always has a lack of content. Just an opinion & l will email Mr Walter with some ideas.

TeeS

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2007
Tim Scott OFCFNC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
OFCFNC
Fair enough Tees but when you scroll through the websites of the Northern FL, EDFL, MPNFL & EFL just to name a few you can read for hours all throughout the year where as ours always has a lack of content. Just an opinion & l will email Mr Walter with some ideas.

No thats fair enough, I regularly look at the EFL website and its latest news link is updated every 2nd day. No arguement there from me !

sid snot

Senior List
Jun 13, 2008
Dandenongs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ofcfcfcfcnc

ask and ye will receive well done i have some stuff that needs doing will let you know when the time comes:cool:

Back