Team Captain
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Hey guys,

Making my first pilgrimage to Melbourne to watch our beloved purple take on the treacherous and sleazy St Kilda in Round 4.

It's only a quick stopover before I meet some family in Sydney, so I'll be all on my lonesome - just wondering if there is any particularly area in Etihad I should look to get a ticket in that has a big contingent of Freo faithfuls or if out-of-state Docker fans usually meet up afterwards for a beer or 10?

Appreciate any info/help/advice.

Cheers! :D

My wife are visiting Melbourne for that big game. We are waiting for the club to release tickets (I think- my wife normally deals with these matters) but I imagine we wioll have an area assigned for Freo members.

I have been to Etihad and love it. Great stadium, but only seen Freo play at the MCG in Melbourne and never had to buy in advance.

Pretty sure we will be having a drink before and after the game but no solid plans made yet. I have been known to talk to strangers after a couple of pints. :)

My wife are visiting Melbourne for that big game. We are waiting for the club to release tickets (I think- my wife normally deals with these matters) but I imagine we wioll have an area assigned for Freo members.

I have been to Etihad and love it. Great stadium, but only seen Freo play at the MCG in Melbourne and never had to buy in advance.

Pretty sure we will be having a drink before and after the game but no solid plans made yet. I have been known to talk to strangers after a couple of pints. :)

Only problem here is I'm not a Freo member as I work/study on weekends - can barely attend games, am stuck watching them recorded on my PVR! I know I'll have no problem getting a ticket because it's not like it will be a sellout, just want to try get one with my fellow purple brethren :)

Hopefully there is some other people that see this thread so we can all get together for a pint like you mentioned. Mmmm, beer.

Also, maybe if a mod deems this ok for the main board, they could move it there?

Didn't want to post it there in case that wasn't the right spot, being the long-time lurker I am!

The club puts the info up and starts selling tickets 1 month prior to each match.

When the tickets go on sale and we book, we will let you know which area the Freo members are so you can get close.

The club puts the info up and starts selling tickets 1 month prior to each match.

When the tickets go on sale and we book, we will let you know which area the Freo members are so you can get close.

What a guy! :)

Cheers mate

We are heading over for this game as well, Will be my bucks party weekend so should be a ripper couple of days :thumbsu:

Here is a link to ticketmaster for round 4 against the Saints. (Tickets go on sale next Friday (6/4/12)
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/25004848AFB3127A?artistid=1055617&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=711

For the last 2 years against the Saints, the Freo members that travel over from WA have sat in the pocket near the Freo race (Aisle 6 or 7) at the Bourke street end. Contact the club if you are buying seats with a membership.

The Freo cheer squad block is behind the goals (aisle 48) so you can usually walk up and sit either side with Gen Admin (Aisles 46-47 & 1-2)

Cheers guys. I just went ahead and got a reserved seat in an area that I know I'll enjoy watching the game from, not a big fan of watching from ground or nearly ground level.

If anybody is organizing a bit of a Docker-fan get together I would be super keen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wife and I are heading to Melbourne with the kids for the game - cant wait!! We have club allocated seats aisle 9 level 1 - would be super keen to catch up before or after the game with fellow freo supporters :)

Hey guys,

Making my first pilgrimage to Melbourne to watch our beloved purple take on the treacherous and sleazy St Kilda in Round 4.

It's only a quick stopover before I meet some family in Sydney, so I'll be all on my lonesome - just wondering if there is any particularly area in Etihad I should look to get a ticket in that has a big contingent of Freo faithfuls or if out-of-state Docker fans usually meet up afterwards for a beer or 10?

Appreciate any info/help/advice.

Cheers! :D
Me and my mate and dad are going to this for sure. my mates a saints fan. Whenever I go to matches we just sit in the cheapest place away from Saints cheersquad. There's usually seats haning around the Freo cheersquad but then again this will be a big Friday match. Hopefully we will roll them.:thumbsu:

I remember another time that you were in Melbourne on business Lachlan and we managed to down a few pints. :thumbsu:

Might be an idea to do it again. No kids on this trip !!!!

Can we make it a post game catch up drink? I would love to attend but I have a heap of pregame duties with the banner and would also like to remain sober to watch the game and belt out chants/noise throughout the game. :thumbsu:

A good place for a drink which is extremely close to the ground is the Nixon hotel.
http://www.nixonhotel.com.au/nixon-hotel-docklands-location.html

It can get quite busy, but if we win all the Saints flogs will crawl back home and we could enjoy it for ourselves!

Thoughts?

I'm there. Just booked flights.
Going to the 'g to watch Carlton Essendon too.

Now to find tickets

Me, wifey & kiddlets will be there

Modfest 2012 !! I'm heading down from Sydney with a couple of mates.

In section 44 ground level in the pocket at the Freo cheersquad end.

The Nixon for a few pre-game drinks then start there post-game?

Hi all, I just have a quick query. A few mates and I are heading over for the Saints game. We just got some general admin tickets, does this mean we are relegated to the top level? Or can we sneak in somewhere better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back