Autopsy Port Adelaide this Friday - Now post match discussion (for gluttons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with a poor game against strong opposition out of the way we can assume going by his comments and body language that Mark Neeld was not happy at all with our performance. And rightly so. We should expect to see a marked improvement in our efforts this weekend, even if we won't be able to watch it this week (which may or may not be a good thing!) Is anyone going to the game?

Port have been in good pre-season form so this should be a good test for us. You would expect that some of our fringe players will miss out this week and Neeld will look to field a strong side.

So who returns? Green and MacDonald are two who will probably come straight in, along with Petterd. Grimes, Morton and Tapscott are all due to return although the last two may play down at Casey. Blease and Gysberts are another two who could also receive a call up.

Let's hope for a marked improvement this week in our final practice game before the Lions in Round 1!

From Chief:

Video Streams

International viewers can get live video of games from http://www.afl.livesport.tv/.

Local viewers can see games on Foxtel or via XBox or T-Box.

Please do not post in this thread asking for links to streams. Your account will be suspended for a day.

fushy

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Re: Port Adelaide this Friday

This weeks games being broadcasted? apart from the final of course

Its not on the foxtel website :(

Hope it does tho, its at a real ground.

if not any south aussies here to go watch it for us and report?

I would have thought Melbourne's website would cover the game... they did that at Tassie last year when we played the Hawks IIRC...

It's actually a good test for us. Port have played good football and have beaten and challenged teams that have proved to be good opposition. Turns out if they beat West Coast and Adelaide (remember they lost by five and one point respectively) they'd be on top of the NAB Cup ladder, that's how good they have played, kudos to them.

Hopefully we get up, but it's only NAB Cup, not entirely holding my breath. Last chance for many fringe players (IF they get a game), imperative that they put in a huge effort.

Go Dees :thumbsu:

I would have thought Melbourne's website would cover the game... they did that at Tassie last year when we played the Hawks IIRC...

It's actually a good test for us. Port have played good football and have beaten and challenged teams that have proved to be good opposition. Turns out if they beat West Coast and Adelaide (remember they lost by five and one point respectively) they'd be on top of the NAB Cup ladder, that's how good they have played, kudos to them.

Hopefully we get up, but it's only NAB Cup, not entirely holding my breath. Last chance for many fringe players (IF they get a game), imperative that they put in a huge effort.

Go Dees :thumbsu:

At the very least you would think there would be some regular updates through twitter, even if they aren't much. Fingers crossed we get more than that though!

Power freak 2008

Premiers 2004, 2020 Covid Premiers
Nov 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees

The club has been recording all the regional games and providing them on the Port website after the game so but you can tune into 5aa radio for a live broadcast. I warn you though, if Steven Rowe is commentating he is a @#*$6 and that's being nice.

Oct 20, 2003
in da hood
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne

port's midfield trio of boak, hartlett and gray is all class, with cassisi and others providing the grunt of which we have plenty.

friday should be a huge test, as port are looking to climb the ladder significantly this year, and so they should be - the list is actually pretty talented at the top end, but does fall away.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
It's my first time sneaking into the demons threads to sniff around and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the knowledge and praise of the opposition. If only i could say the same about so many other clubs. Good luck to your team this year, your due a good one.

pizzor

All Australian
Sep 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando Magic

Looking forward to seeing Wingard and Butcher for Port. We just need to gel the team together for a Round 1 tilt.

Going by the injury list posted on the website it looks as though we will definitely get Morton back for this weeks game but both Grimes and Tapscott both face a fitness test which, if previous history is anything to go by, means they won't play. Grimes would still be a chance for round one but you would thing Tapscott comes back through Casey.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire

I don't care what anyone says about Cale, I'm looking forward to seeing him play this year just to see what a relatively uninterrupted pre season has done for him.

Ageing Demon

Senior List
Apr 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

The last game of real season football we played was against these guys and they wipe the ground with us.
What has changed since then?
We have a new FD
We have two good recruits but one won't play
So pretty much the same players.
It is in Adelaide
Port easily beat the pies last weekend
We just managed to get over the Pies two weeks ago and got plastered last weekend.
The result? good question
But not a lot of good omens there.
Port by 5 points

The last game of real season football we played was against these guys and they wipe the ground with us.
What has changed since then?
We have a new FD
We have two good recruits but one won't play
So pretty much the same players.
It is in Adelaide
Port easily beat the pies last weekend
We just managed to get over the Pies two weeks ago and got plastered last weekend.
The result? good question
But not a lot of good omens there.
Port by 5 points

They didn't particularly wipe the floor with us. It was an 8 point margin, Port didn't play Collingwood last weekend, Adelaide did. We have a new coaching group, leadership group and game plan. It's a Nab cup practice match with no repercussions. Chill your grill.

Ageing Demon

Senior List
Apr 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

They didn't particularly wipe the floor with us. It was an 8 point margin, Port didn't play Collingwood last weekend, Adelaide did. We have a new coaching group, leadership group and game plan. It's a Nab cup practice match with no repercussions. Chill your grill.
Yes you are correct in was Adelaide not Port.
The FD does not run out to play.
Basically same playing lot so similar result for mine.
What is your prediction

bing181

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2009
Paris
AFL Club
Melbourne

The FD does not run out to play.

Yeah, irrelevant. In fact, they could save a heap of money by getting rid of Neeld, Misson, Craig etc., and just rostering in a few blokes from Bigfooty.

I'm often free Thursday nights if that would help.

Melb by 20 points - though if we end up with Fitzpatrick rucking to a heap of rookies in the second half, all bets are off.

syl

FAIR and BALANCED
Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North

I want to see a gameplan implemented well. Could care less who wins.

I want a kick in strategy of high efficiency, and not to get smashed in clearances.

Some forward pressure, not the ball just coming straight out of our forward line (Here's looking at you, Davey!)

We still have 4 of our top 22 unavailable (Grimes, Tapscott, Magner, Jurrah), so there's room for fringe players to stand up.

I hope Trenners and Beamer can get some form up before the real stuff, haven't seen much of it yet.

Jones is going to win our BnF this year, prety much a shoe in!

fushy

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne

Watts is dropped and will play playing for Casey

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/130646/default.aspx

Green - along with defender Joel Macdonald, who has also returned to the side - was rested last round.

After playing in a Casey practice match last round, Blease has been recalled to the senior team.

But mature-age rookie James Magner will miss this round due to a hand injury.

Magner suffered the injury early against the Hawks, after impressing in the opening two rounds of NAB Cup.

Rohan Bail, Daniel Nicholson, Troy Davis and Jack Fitzpatrick have also been omitted, and will play for the Scorpions this weekend."

Melbourne team
2 Nathan Jones
3 Clint Bartram
6 Matthew Bate
7 Jamie Bennell
8 James Frawley
9 Jack Trengove
11 Mitch Clark
12 Colin Sylvia
13 Jordie McKenzie
14 Lynden Dunn
15 Ricky Petterd
17 Sam Blease
18 Brad Green
20 Colin Garland
22 Brent Moloney
25 Tom McDonald
27 Jared Rivers
28 Joel MacDonald
30 James Sellar
34 Stefan Martin
36 Aaron Davey
38 Jeremy Howe
40 Mark Jamar
46 Josh Tynan
47 Tom Couch

BillyBlanks28

Rookie
Jul 14, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne

Is this a statement by Neeld? I dont think he was impressed with Watts efforts last week despite the media saying he 'backs him'. I know i wasnt impressed.

At least I know ill get 100% efforts out of Petterd, Green, Howe, & Dunn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back