Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
That's my hot prediction for 2012.

I love how they're shaping up for season 2012 and think they are dangerously underated in the AFL community.

*Pre season form has been magnificent, probably the third best performed side. Only lost to Adelaide and WCE by under a goal and made Freo and Melbourne look like witches hats.

* Forward line is dangerous and potent. Can you imagine trying stop Schulz, Butcher, Westhoff, Brad Ebert and Gray when they're up and firing. All capable of big marks and sausages. McCarthy will also be a new addition down there.

*Defence looks solid. The trio of Carlisle, Chaplin and Trengove are all usually pretty stiff and dependable, goals won't be leaking like previous years.

*Midfield has a good blend of the old (Cornes, Pearce, Salopek, Rodan and Cassisi) and the new (Boak, Hartlett etc..)

*Port's youth is one of the best in the AFL IMO (Boak, Hartlett, Butcher, Pittard, Trengove are moutwatering prospects).

*Traded/drafted very smartly in McCarthy and Ebert. They will make a big difference.

Really think they can give the 8 a crack this year and have 3 very winnable games to start 2012, with St Kilda and Sydney at home and Essendon at Etihad.

Anyone agree that Port could sneak under the rader and make the 8?

Bloody hell, they're gonna have to start the finals series in round one to fit in all the teams and get through all the games.

They have had a good preseason but I'm not convinced they will make the 8 just yet. They should win around 7-12 games this year.

p.s. they will destroy the bombers and that might ignite some awareness to the rest of the AFL (as if to say we aren't the Port Adelaide of 2011)

Wont happen but our preparation this pre-season makes me a whole lot more confident that we wont drop games against the bad teams like we did last year. We really shouldn't have finished on 3 wins last year.. no team should.

I think its gonna be an even year but there are 1 or 2 teams that look like they will slide so we can climb the ladder if we want to.

I don't think they will play finals this year, but could finish 9th-12th as i think they will be a big improver this season.
Many teams chalking up the easy win before playing them might get a surprise.

The Kanga said:
I don't think they will play finals this year, but could finish 9th-12th as i think they will be a big improver this season.
Many teams chalking up the easy win before playing them might get a surprise.

This.

I think we'll definitely be challenging for the 8 in 2013 though.

HurleyTheFuture said:

Pop quiz. Which of these players kicked the fewest amount of goals in 2011?

1. Jay Schulz
2. Robbie Gray
3. Michael Hurley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it, but anywhere between 8-12th is my prediction. Would love to play an elimination final this year as it would give the young group a confidence booster leading into 2013 and AO in 2014 -- that's when the real fun begins!

This.

1. Jay Schulz
2. Robbie Gray
3. Michael Hurley

Pop quiz. Which of those players played more than half the year in defence in 2011?

This.

1. Jay Schulz
2. Robbie Gray
3. Michael Hurley
Pop Quiz -
Which of these playersis still only 21, played injured half the year and was moved into defence constantly, yet still managed to average 1.5 goals per game?

1. Michael Hurley
2. Robbie Gray
3. Jay Schulz

God there's going to be a lot of team improving this year.

In fact i've heard that so many teams will improve there won't even be a bottom 4 this year....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back