Competitions 2012 SuperCoach / Dream Team Questions Thread.

I have him in my team.

He is essentially an extra (overgrown) midfielder after the ruck contest.

I'd like to quickly thank you for being the first person to use one of my quotes as a sig.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Judd's never been a huge scorer, get his hundreds but doesn't clock 120 often, but Murphy has that potential to be cracking that for a couple of reasons

I don't disagree on murph over judd but the reasoning that judd doesn't get bit scores is flawed (supercoach wise, don't have a clue dt). Last year judd had 5 games scoring over 150 (including a 180 and 197) - Murph had none (and has yet to top 150). Murph was the more consistent with 19 games between 100 & 150, while judd had 8 scores below 100. Judd has a highest score of 232, which would not have been topped too often.

I will be going murph this year as I feel he's still improving, but at the same time I believe Judd will improve on last season too. I don't think anyone can go wrong with either, or even both.

'51 Bewick

Club Legend
Feb 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks
G'day folks,

Can someone tell where Brock McLean stands in the pecking order, and the likelyhood of him getting games.

Cheers, :D

dropdead1

All Australian
Apr 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering having the Irishman as my 7th defender in dt. What do others think? He's been getting plenty of the footy in the praccy games. Could see him averaging 70+ throughout the season. Provided he locks down his spot in the 22

G'day folks,

Can someone tell where Brock McLean stands in the pecking order, and the likelyhood of him getting games.

Cheers, :D

Proceed with caution.

I think we'll probably be going in to round 1 with two of McLean, Curnow and Ellard.

From what I've seen and heard throughout the preseason, I'd probably say that McLean and Curnow are ahead of Ellard.

Brock looks fitter than I've seen him in quite some time, but as we all know, his body is fragile.

I've got no doubt he'll get games. How many, couldn't tell you. Will his body hold up? Hope so, but history may well suggest otherwise.

A huge risk. Good luck to you if you choose to go down that path.

Feb 26, 2007
Bel Air, Ca.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd
Considering having the Irishman as my 7th defender in dt. What do others think? He's been getting plenty of the footy in the praccy games. Could see him averaging 70+ throughout the season. Provided he locks down his spot in the 22

mmm. I love what Ive seen of zac, but spending $221k on a hope is a bit much imo. Go with one of one of the GWS rookies like Darley or Bugg, and use the spare change elsewhere.

zan5hin

Senior List
Mar 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kane Lucas didn't get a game at all on the weekend, even as a sub? WTF is up with that, he is still odds on for the Rising Star.....

GiantForce

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Kane Lucas didn't get a game at all on the weekend, even as a sub? WTF is up with that, he is still odds on for the Rising Star.....

He did.....he got 43 points from 45% TOG

But while we're on Lucas what do Carlton fans think of his potential? Do you think he'll get the sub vest on occasion?

Chasing_Cars

Senior List
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm looking at Mitch Robinson. How was his pre season before his injury that kept him out the first three weeks of the NAB Cup? Is he likely to continue his form from 2011?

onthewake

Debutant
Apr 18, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is more general than SC/DT related.

How is David Ellard's development coming along?

I haven't seen much of him at all this pre-season and believe he didn't play on the weekend (or is he injured?).

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on what the expectations of him this year are?

Jan 12, 2010
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Blues
Strange, Fanfooty does not list him as playing?
http://live.fanfooty.com.au/game/matchstats.html?id=3942

Well he did play.

I'm looking at Mitch Robinson. How was his pre season before his injury that kept him out the first three weeks of the NAB Cup? Is he likely to continue his form from 2011?

According to reports, Robinson dominated in the recent game against North Melbourne until he was subbed off. He had precautionary scans just before that but was given the all clear.

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thoughts on carrazzo? He's obviously had a good preseason and I like his age as opposed to Scotland, but is he likely to get a lock down role with your injuries in defense? Ive always seen him as more of a mid than a back, but yeah...just unsure

Feb 26, 2007
Bel Air, Ca.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd
Thoughts on carrazzo? He's obviously had a good preseason and I like his age as opposed to Scotland, but is he likely to get a lock down role with your injuries in defense? Ive always seen him as more of a mid than a back, but yeah...just unsure

I'd imagine his role will be similar to the last few years, more of a defensive mid, with cameos forward and back- I've never been a big fan, but always a reliable bet in DT. Will definitely be a POD this year, and will at the very least hold his price.

FromDaics2Dids

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2009
Camberwell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham, NYK
Matty Kreuzer, what are we likely to expect in terms of his positioning this year?

Am I being optimistic thinking he could average 85 - 95 this year in Dream Team?

I'm thinking taking a huge risk and going all out and selecting him as number 1 ruck to Giles, and spending the money elsewhere.

I would like to think that Ratten will just let him roam around the ground at will, be it as a ruckman or ruck rover, is he likely to play center half forward, i hope not.

Blue Dimension

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
N Mystics & GC Lightning
He did.....he got 43 points from 45% TOG

But while we're on Lucas what do Carlton fans think of his potential? Do you think he'll get the sub vest on occasion?

I think most of the crew here would agree that they have liked what they have seen from him in the pre season. Should get a gig round 1. But he's one of those guys that's on the outskirts of the 22 at this stage. If he puts strong performances on the board I see no reason why he wouldn't keep his place and avoid the sub vest. But at the moment it's a possibility yes.

Feb 26, 2007
Bel Air, Ca.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd
Matty Kreuzer, what are we likely to expect in terms of his positioning this year?

Am I being optimistic thinking he could average 85 - 95 this year in Dream Team?

I'm thinking taking a huge risk and going all out and selecting him as number 1 ruck to Giles, and spending the money elsewhere.

I would like to think that Ratten will just let him roam around the ground at will, be it as a ruckman or ruck rover, is he likely to play center half forward, i hope not.

I'm thinking of taking the same risk. Looks set for a massive year, with a lot more time on-ball- it will be interesting to see how the set-up works when Warnock returns, as he is a much better tap-ruck than Kreuze. I think you'll be around the mark with his average though.

Heard a lot of talk of Gibbs smashing the pre season and a permanent move to the midfield. Is this true or will he get stuck with the run with roll every few weeks?

Feb 26, 2007
Bel Air, Ca.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd
Heard a lot of talk of Gibbs smashing the pre season and a permanent move to the midfield. Is this true or will he get stuck with the run with roll every few weeks?

Bryce will continue on from where he left off last year, win a lot of footy, use it beautifully, and kick a few goals as well. The problem this year is his status as a stand alone mid leaves too many guns in front of him.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
no one's mentioned Judd this preseason- looking sharp as always? I think he may enjoy a little less attention this year. Who has him in their side?

Feb 26, 2007
Bel Air, Ca.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd
no one's mentioned Judd this preseason- looking sharp as always? I think he may enjoy a little less attention this year. Who has him in their side?

Judd is not in many peoples sides this year- who would have thought? Had a compromised pre-season with the shoulder op, and been relatively ordinary in his NAB games.

how is bower traveling? definite starter on the field next week? and how do you project his job security over the following 1-2 months?

Bower is fit but low on confidence on-field at the moment. I think he'll get the nod from the MC on Thursday, though when Jamo, Laidler, Duigan return he'll struggle to keep his spot.

Back