$10 game

This was done last year on the Bay, and the previous year on the main board (before it was moved to some obscure place and died), and I even ran an NFL one last season.

The rules are this.

In Rd 1 you start off with $10, you make any bet you want, 1 bet per week, be it a straight out win, or a 9 leg multi, be it result, or first goal scorer, whatever it is.

If you win, that bet, you carry on to the next week untill the end of rd 23 when you walk away with your winnings. If you lose you're out. Last person standing wins.

Say for all 23 rounds you go conservative and just bet against Gold Coast and GWS at say $1.25 a week (Odds we have vs GC this week) - You could turn that $10 into $1,692

Perhaps for all 23 games you hit 50/50 games at $1.90. Hit all 23 rounds, and you could be walking away with $25,781,596.45

Bets for round must be placed before the start of the Friday Night game in this thread.

BTW - I'm going to record all bets in the OP, and have a ladder or something. For the purposes of making it easier to know what you're on and update OP, please see next post for structure.

Dirty Bird: Rd 2: $12.75 on Saints-North-Adelaide-Magpies-Eagles
Marty64: Rd 2: $13 on Saints-North
cammo84: Rd 1: Eliminated on $10

Marty64

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Might be interested in this.

Do we have to fully bet each week or can we save for better rounds while still having a bet that week?

Clueless about gambling and I get partly paid by Tabcorp lol.

Might be interested in this.

Do we have to fully bet each week or can we save for better rounds while still having a bet that week?
yeah, need to bet every round.
Clueless about gambling and I get partly paid by Tabcorp lol.

I don't quite get how the betting works. Say you win $13 from your $10 bet, does that mean that you bet the $13 for the next bet?
Yes you do.

JohnK

All Australian
Aug 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
port adelaide sometimes
In Rd 1 you start off with $10, you make any bet you want, 1 bet per week, be it a straight out win, or a 9 leg multi, be it result, or first goal scorer, whatever it is.

This is air-betting, correct? Whose odds do we use to create the standard?

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I'd jump on board, but we should all refer to one consistent site for odds.

JohnK

All Australian
Aug 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
port adelaide sometimes
BTW - I'm going to record all bets in the OP, and have a ladder or something. For the purposes of making it easier to know what you're on and update OP, please see next post for structure.

Still waiting for the structure.
Have you abandoned your concept, Dirty? Maybe next year.

Yeah im using sporting bet as well
But odds change
I got on us at $1.25, but I think it's into $1.22 right now. I also got on GWS at $1.02, I saw it down to $1.01 after I bet, then jumping up to $1.03
Hawthorn slowly moved from even to $1.65, so yeah, use any odds, they fluxate, so even through same site they change.

Marty64

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Norf and St Kilda as a multi head to head $13 @ $1.075

Also slipped a couple of $ on Adelaide and West Coke.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
West Coast to win by 105 points or less at Bankstown $1.92

IMO that's great odds if you want to double your money, WCE have Hawthorn in round 4 so you couldnt possibly think they will go out all guns blazing and will instead cruise to a 70-80 point win rather then trying to win by 18+ goals.

Im not touching that line.
Could go anyway

I for one wouldnt be shocked if that's the game that costs me and it finishes at about 35 point margin or something.

GWS played well in the 3rd vs North going 1 on 1. But then another part of me sees them playing safe, flood, and lose 200-0 or something.

ps - My bet this week is Essendon 40+, West Coast 40+ Fremantle and St Kilda.

RichardMarx

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys - didn't realise there was a thread on this, but I'm actually doing this exact process anyway. A mate of mine did it last year starting with $100, he went through all 23 rounds picking favourites & walked away with just over $3k. I kicked off this year with $10, have picked odds of about 1.10 - 1.15 each week & currently sit at $16.24 after round 4.

My money this week is on the Saints to beat the Dees, paying 1.13. Play on.

Back