2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the place would have lit up like a Christmas tree after that decision!! Should be plenty of support around the place with plenty of twos watching!! Hope redcliffe dries out a bit!!

nambour 2's are still on against caboolture becuase we switched from playing at cab, to bribie

Mighty, the Nambour vs Caboolture 2's game is now nothing more than a practice match. I walked over Redcliffe's ground this arvo and yes it is wet but has dried considerably since last night. 29 degrees today and predicted sunshine on the weekend. A decision made in haste. Anyways you look at it, poor judgement by the so called powers that be!

aflq is a joke

I have played footy in qld since 1968, under 7s back then. I have played in hail, electrical storms, cyclonic conditions and torential downpours. Never except in the last three years have games been cancelled to my knowledge. Is it because the aflq is afraid of being sued if they do not cancel ? Cant be if they allow seniors to still play. Yes grounds will be chopped up, so what, we dont play on gabba like surfaces anyway and if it was only those grounds closed then yes there would be some understanding, like the precious UQ oval, but seriously, is an extra game on redcliffes oval, or logans, or the switch going to realy matter?
Too hard , too soft , too wet, too hot, the aflq needs to give the clubs a break and let them decide when their ovals are needed to be closed. not everyone has an abundance of junior games affecting the surface, some have no 18s, some have full time groundkeepers, some have common sense and some dont. Blanket cancellations for senior football are a disgrace.

I thought the place would have lit up like a Christmas tree after that decision!! Should be plenty of support around the place with plenty of twos watching!! Hope redcliffe dries out a bit!!
The oval will be fine Redcliffes flooding problems are largly tidal, even after it floods(completely) it only ends up wet on the Anzac Ave pocket and the oval entries.
This reaks of a cost saving manouver by the league(not paying umps)there is really no other reason, will the league offer a refund, sloppy ovals we have all played on them, whats the big deal, Oh Dougy the shame, this is embarassing.

It maybe that they don't wanna pay the umpires but the clubs still have to fork out money for the umpires to AFLQ anyway. AFLQ should pull their head out of the sand and actually govern the competitions properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scores???

We beat Ipswich by 4 goals or so but were painfully wasteful in front of goals.[/QUOT

Uq by 18 heared it from rul earlier.

We were wasteful morro on goal and going into the forward line. But a lot of good signs from today most importantly the we won.

And secondly people want to play footy,be it on carpet like at dauth park today or in mud or snow. Alfq should understand this and play the games even if it means for the next 3 weeks at some grounds there mud pits

Finally footy is back :D

Here are my neutral predictions:

Nambour - just.
Beenleigh - the good word is the Air Force recruits have not been as good as expected.
Coomera - by a bit, regardless of the weather.
Redcliffe - I saw them touch Nambour in a praccy. They are better than last year.
Logan - will be looking for redemption from last year.

I am pretty happy with my picks - silly me forgot that UQ didn't have the higher grades playing yesterday other wise my pick would have been different.

I headed to watch Redcliffe take on Calamvale as I was impressed with Redcliffe's pre season. I wasn't disappointed as they smashed Calamvale and I would imagine Calamvale are in for a long season. Calamvale have absolutely no structure and seemingly no game plan. Redcliffe were too strong all around the ground and had far too many avenues to goal. They were so good I left at half time to go and watch Nambour v Caboolture - boy am I glad I did.

What a contest with Nambour comming from behind late in the last (felt like the worlds longest last quarter BTW) to win by a point. What a contest - both sides can hold their heads up, they were both out on their feet and totally exhausted, both played tough uncompromising football which was generally without any crap (#8 from Caboolture needs to pull his head in and possibly cost his team the 4 points due to some ill discipline though)
From what I could see both sides had no bench at the end due to injuries and Nambour will miss Spring for a few weeks with what looked like a hammy. Both appeared well coached, Caboolture set up with a very open forward line but did not respond when Nambour sat a player in the hole....open forward line now closed with 1 player? The big nude nut up forward for Caboolture was dominant and will cause some concern for opposition sides this year. The old cliche' of good sides knowing how to win rang true in this contest. Nambour stayed composed and controlled in the last 2-3 minutes, they stuck to their roles and snuck a goal to win with almost the last kick of the day. Both sides are well coached, well disciplined (excusing #8) and will be a force. I hope the injuries yesterday don't cruel them both next week. If this is the standard it will be a great season to be a neutral observor.

Bring on round 2. Due to travel constraints I will probably watch the GF replay. I would love to watch Redcliffe again but at Ipswich - probably not.

I am pretty happy with my picks - silly me forgot that UQ didn't have the higher grades playing yesterday other wise my pick would have been different.

I headed to watch Redcliffe take on Calamvale as I was impressed with Redcliffe's pre season. I wasn't disappointed as they smashed Calamvale and I would imagine Calamvale are in for a long season. Calamvale have absolutely no structure and seemingly no game plan. Redcliffe were too strong all around the ground and had far too many avenues to goal. They were so good I left at half time to go and watch Nambour v Caboolture - boy am I glad I did.

What a contest with Nambour comming from behind late in the last (felt like the worlds longest last quarter BTW) to win by a point. What a contest - both sides can hold their heads up, they were both out on their feet and totally exhausted, both played tough uncompromising football which was generally without any crap (#8 from Caboolture needs to pull his head in and possibly cost his team the 4 points due to some ill discipline though)
From what I could see both sides had no bench at the end due to injuries and Nambour will miss Spring for a few weeks with what looked like a hammy. Both appeared well coached, Caboolture set up with a very open forward line but did not respond when Nambour sat a player in the hole....open forward line now closed with 1 player? The big nude nut up forward for Caboolture was dominant and will cause some concern for opposition sides this year. The old cliche' of good sides knowing how to win rang true in this contest. Nambour stayed composed and controlled in the last 2-3 minutes, they stuck to their roles and snuck a goal to win with almost the last kick of the day. Both sides are well coached, well disciplined (excusing #8) and will be a force. I hope the injuries yesterday don't cruel them both next week. If this is the standard it will be a great season to be a neutral observor.

Bring on round 2. Due to travel constraints I will probably watch the GF replay. I would love to watch Redcliffe again but at Ipswich - probably not.

I'm back - 100% right neutral, an absolute cracker of a game. I don't think either side got more than 2 goals up at any time. Spoke to both coaches after the game and to Cabooltures credit they were up beat and very matter of fact about the loss. Not blaming umpires, injuries or anything in fact. Nambour were very humble and seemed to think they got out of jail.

I'm back - 100% right neutral, an absolute cracker of a game. I don't think either side got more than 2 goals up at any time. Spoke to both coaches after the game and to Cabooltures credit they were up beat and very matter of fact about the loss. Not blaming umpires, injuries or anything in fact. Nambour were very humble and seemed to think they got out of jail.
It was a cracking game. We thought we had them when the big fellar slotted one at the 30 minute mark to put us in front. But to Nambours credit they kept coming. We are very happy though!! Our side will get stronger with a few cricketers that played 2s cause they have not trained yet. They will fit into the senior side just nicely. Good to see both sides having a beer after the game as well. Now I hope people start considering us as a threat for this year!!!

Obviously we cant take much out of rd 1 results with most teams usually fielding remarkably different teams in a month or twos time, but can anyone confirm the rumour that Uni played several div 2 players?

Personally I thought this sounded like crap as it would simply upset the div 3 players, but some people are insisting that they did???

Also I heard Flowers broke a finger in the first 1/4???

Obviously we cant take much out of rd 1 results with most teams usually fielding remarkably different teams in a month or twos time, but can anyone confirm the rumour that Uni played several div 2 players?

Personally I thought this sounded like crap as it would simply upset the div 3 players, but some people are insisting that they did???

Gee that wont be good for his tennis career. That could be the end of the flower then??

I work with a Div 3 UQ player who told me this was going to happen due to the div 2 bye

This year, for the first time, both divisions did an entire preseason together to ty to eliminate the separation that has previously existed between the two UQ divs. So whereas in the past there was a clear definition of "these 45-50 are the div 1 squad and the rest are div 2" from the start of the preseason with almost no changes at all as the season goes on, this year the 10ish in the between are still fighting for spots. There were probably 3-5 in saturday's team that knocked over logan who will be 2's players this year, but for each younger and developing player who goes up another will have to make way and drop down to the 3's.

This year, for the first time, both divisions did an entire preseason together to ty to eliminate the separation that has previously existed between the two UQ divs. So whereas in the past there was a clear definition of "these 45-50 are the div 1 squad and the rest are div 2" from the start of the preseason with almost no changes at all as the season goes on, this year the 10ish in the between are still fighting for spots. There were probably 3-5 in saturday's team that knocked over logan who will be 2's players this year, but for each younger and developing player who goes up another will have to make way and drop down to the 3's.

I was under the impression that for UQ to have 4 teams there had to be two definative lists, and clearances or permits the only way people can be moved between those lists.

I was under the impression that for UQ to have 4 teams there had to be two definative lists, and clearances or permits the only way people can be moved between those lists.
I think that's correct IPW but I don't think the lists have to be finalised for a few months yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back