preston

Remove this Banner Ad

members section

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
shoot me for having an idea, but as its well known this is the last year for the northern bullants/preston b4 they make the move to visy & change colours and so forth.

with a junior club that has teams in every age group why dont they also start up a senior side in the vafa or the nfl? very true if it wasnt for carlton over the last few years they would have stuggled to get a side up much like frankston but would just be a shame to lose the preston/bullants name and jumper for ever

The V A F A idea isn't such a silly one to be honest. Prahran has a Amo or did have an amo team. As has South Melbourne districts, Fitzroy.
It would be great to see another suburb in V A F A that has always been dominated by Old Boy Schools.

would have been nice if when the sides aligned themselfs back a few yrs ago if they went to there old zones
eg preston = collingwood
carlton = bendigo
& so forth

yeah, would be great, preston has effectively been dead since they got into bed with carlton as there was a big crossover between collingwood and preston supporters

a stand alone team, even in the Ammos, would be much better
Going back a few years but always thought the best allignments would have been:
Collingwood - Preston
Carlton - Coburg, with Bendigo the 2nd option for the option you mentioned (zone)
Bulldogs - Williamstown (who they are now with)

That said, a local team is a good idea.

FYI, the Preston Bullants Junior FC have entered an U/18 last year and this year an U/19 team in the VAFA, under the jurisdiction of the Northern Bullants.

However, it is no small task to start up a senior club from scratch. There is some talk of it though, I hear, and if it happens I believe it would be in the Ammos. Don't know much more than that though.

We're from Preston, we're the Bullants.
The good old RED AND WHITE are we
all good stickers for the RED AND WHITE,
always we fight for victory at Preston.
We're the best assosiation, we dont give up while theres a chance
2 3 4
We are a team of champions we're full of fighting spirit
Thats why they call us the Bullants.

It will be a sad day when the colors change.

We're from Preston, we're the Bullants.
The good old RED AND WHITE are we
all good stickers for the RED AND WHITE,
always we fight for victory at Preston.
We're the best assosiation, we dont give up while theres a chance
2 3 4
We are a team of champions we're full of fighting spirit
Thats why they call us the Bullants.

It will be a sad day when the colors change.

How true hulk. But there must be a good leadership involved with the club to get it up in the Amos.
It is a Huge task but if you get enough people to a public meeting it could get a few potential leaders to step up to the plate.

yes it would be a massive task,
however
*they have a full book of juniors in every age group
*a ground that would be the envey of 90% of clubs they play against
*a history of what 100 yrs?
*i am sure with the support of the carlton fc, cramers hotel & other sponsors the 1st years admin fees could be well looked after
*if they joined the vafa they could start with just 1 side rather than trying to find 44 blokes every week.

As someone who is a passionate follower of local football, this article on the VFL website made me sick. The way the article discusses how it is only going to make the community stronger, despite the fact that Carlton have now stripped the Preston football club of it's identity in its entirety. Such a condescending article and the reason why I truly despise the AFL and its clubs.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=18253425

As someone who is a passionate follower of local football, this article on the VFL website made me sick. The way the article discusses how it is only going to make the community stronger, despite the fact that Carlton have now stripped the Preston football club of it's identity in its entirety. Such a condescending article and the reason why I truly despise the AFL and its clubs.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=18253425
Makes me sick as well,ive heard nearly every preston supporter is walking away.the old vfa was the most enjoyable footy ive ever watched,its sad we lose another club with such a rich history.

Makes me sick as well,ive heard nearly every preston supporter is walking away.the old vfa was the most enjoyable footy ive ever watched,its sad we lose another club with such a rich history.

Pretty much true. Most "Bullants" supporters saw the writing on the wall a few years ago, while those that hung on, I believe were made to feel 'not welcome' by the Carlton crew who took over.

So gutless of Carlton not to run their own VFL side, instead taking over and gutting an established club.

The part that really rubbed me the wrong way were these two paragraphs:

“As the Northern Blues we will represent the north region of Melbourne in the VFL while working with Carlton to achieve the best working model for the development of players at the elite level as well as in the junior competitions in the northern corridor,” said Stephen Papal.

“This partnership, under the banner of the Northern Blues, will strengthen our foothold in the northern corridor of Melbourne and benefit football and the local communities,”

Why they even pretend this is for some egalitarian purpose is beyond me. They're not fooling anyone if they expect people to believe this is anything more than the Carlton reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To top it all off, the Preston song has been replaced with 'We are the navy blues'.

Vfl will be dead and buried in a couple years time. Teams like box hill and sandie will join the efl or southern.
Coburg and northern the Nfl or efl. Werribe port Melbourne and williamstown the wrfl and the list goes on.

There is only 10 Carlton listed players playing today for Northern Blues. So much for it being Carlton reserves. The redesigned jumper looks mint as well :D

Vfl will be dead and buried in a couple years time. Teams like box hill and sandie will join the efl or southern.
Coburg and northern the Nfl or efl. Werribe port Melbourne and williamstown the wrfl and the list goes on.

What this guy says.:(

What a joke!

Carlton should just field a seconds side instead of killing off the famous Preston FC and bludgeing on the Preston ratepayers using the Cramer St Oval.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back