LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone heard any news about top of the tables last year bridge water and pyramids praccy matches...

Pyramid have played and won two praccy matches by over 100 points, with the latest being over Quambatook on the weekend by 160+. Wouldn't read much into it, have played two obviously ordinary teams. Play Elmore this weekend which should be a better indication of how they are travelling

guru1

Senior List
Oct 28, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Speaking to a few of the Melb lads that are heading up the highway to Pyrimid Hill this year. Seem to be very confident that they can tear this "little country league" apart. They are however, unsure as to who they will beat in the GF.

Guru Out!

Pyramid have played and won two praccy matches by over 100 points, with the latest being over Quambatook on the weekend by 160+. Wouldn't read much into it, have played two obviously ordinary teams. Play Elmore this weekend which should be a better indication of how they are travelling

Luckyhill

Rookie
Mar 26, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Ahh flatened both teams cormfortably....Sounds as if there recruits are already confident they'll be a powerhouse again this year.

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Speaking to a few of the Melb lads that are heading up the highway to Pyrimid Hill this year. Seem to be very confident that they can tear this "little country league" apart. They are however, unsure as to who they will beat in the GF.

Guru Out!

Just as i'm sure the past recruit$ have been confident of a flag up at Pyramid. Are the lads aware they have joined a team renowned for spending big for little reward? I've seen players better than div 3 amatures struggle to adapt to a "little country league" Time will tell, not long now

Norfolk & Clew

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Richmond Central
Just as i'm sure the past recruit$ have been confident of a flag up at Pyramid. Are the lads aware they have joined a team renowned for spending big for little reward? I've seen players better than div 3 amatures struggle to adapt to a "little country league" Time will tell, not long now

Thats where I am playing now, what level are these boys that Pyramid signed from? Div 3 is similar standard to LVFL, maybe a bit worse, if Pyramid are splashing out money for D3 players thats not good.

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Thats where I am playing now, what level are these boys that Pyramid signed from? Div 3 is similar standard to LVFL, maybe a bit worse, if Pyramid are splashing out money for D3 players thats not good.

Speaking to a current Bulldog over the weekend, one of the new boys is quality, hense he's having trouble getting cleared but the others are lower division players. But thats not to say they aren't any good. Find out soon enough

Hyperman

Draftee
Dec 21, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't seem like pyramid have lost too many? If not they really should be a bit tighter in the premiership betting?

Mar 28, 2012
Country
AFL Club
Gold Coast
:thumbsu: Inglewood have now signed up 14 players with only 2 pending and 2 denied, have the old town boy Rose back and another from BFL pending to the name of Nolan, which will boost the boys up and about if its the nolan i know of who was in the bfl after playing a senior season here in the MCDFL taking out C/Creek BnF??

Luckyhill

Rookie
Mar 26, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Speaking to a current Bulldog over the weekend, one of the new boys is quality, hense he's having trouble getting cleared but the others are lower division players. But thats not to say they aren't any good. Find out soon enough

Fair bit of hype around the pyra recuits from melbourne which came from Salesian st Marys from division 2 Equivalent to e grade in the vafa.... Surely there is some sort of talent amongst them if they are driving 3 hours up the highway to tear up the competetion

Oct 15, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Fair bit of hype around the pyra recuits from melbourne which came from Salesian st Marys from division 2 Equivalent to e grade in the vafa.... Surely there is some sort of talent amongst them if they are driving 3 hours up the highway to tear up the competetion

Didnt think that many Melbourne recruits ever saw the year out at the hill over previous years? :confused: We all know its not the township attracting these footballers, so it must be some good $$$ and an asphyxiation fetish come september that got em to put pen to paper

Mar 3, 2010
Bendigo
AFL Club
Essendon
:thumbsu: Inglewood have now signed up 14 players with only 2 pending and 2 denied, have the old town boy Rose back and another from BFL pending to the name of Nolan, which will boost the boys up and about if its the nolan i know of who was in the bfl after playing a senior season here in the MCDFL taking out C/Creek BnF??

I just googled Travis Nolan, very interesting... not sure if it is the same bloke though!

dennis cheese

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2009
wolf creek
I just googled Travis Nolan, very interesting... not sure if it is the same bloke though!

If it's Travis Nolan that played cricket for Axe Creek and Emu Creek and a little go at the golden ferrals then Inglewood are in strife.... He struggled getting a kick in the YCW reserves about 7 years ago when the seniors finished 6th..................

Yabbadooo

Rookie
Jun 29, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just googled the other Pyramid recruits...from VAFA...St marys salesian...eg Marc Hill, Sean Crilly, Alastair Dwyer & Tim Waller....the only impressive thing i found about these 4, is that Dwyer seems to be lucky with money falling into his hands...(he won a $500 cash draw last year).

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
If it's Travis Nolan that played cricket for Axe Creek and Emu Creek and a little go at the golden ferrals then Inglewood are in strife.... He struggled getting a kick in the YCW reserves about 7 years ago when the seniors finished 6th..................

Trav Nolan has been playing two's for K/Flat. Shouldn't that say enough about his ability if it is in fact him. The boys in blue also had some issues about his choice in pics on his computer a few years back. Don't think he'll be among the Harding favorites

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,

3 from rushworth in KyabramDFL(2 cleared, 1 denied) all play two's last year, although snelling and telford should be senior footballers... if they pull their finger out:D, wallis will be a two's player

Mar 28, 2012
Country
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2's footy in the BFL is probably senior footy in the LVFL, LVFL have alot of old timers, alot of use to be players.
I wouldnt underman a 2's player from the BFL.
2's footy is just about the same standard as LVFL and they all share the same skills as everyone.
Look at newbridge they had alot of players headout there direction few years back and they mostly were 2's players from the BFL and now playing seniors BIG DIFFRENCE between country bush footy and local city

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
2's footy in the BFL is probably senior footy in the LVFL, LVFL have alot of old timers, alot of use to be players.
2's footy is just about the same standard as LVFL and they all share the same skills as everyone.
Look at newbridge they had alot of players headout there direction few years back and they mostly were 2's players from the BFL and now playing seniors BIG DIFFRENCE between country bush footy and local city

Depends. The sandhurst side we played would match district ones with no problems at all, but the flat side on the other hand, would still struggle

Norfolk & Clew

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Richmond Central

Agree, I was only a BFL 2's player and felt the standard, especially of the lesser teams in the LVFL was of similar standard.

CRACKA

Rookie
Mar 7, 2010
bendigo
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Unfortunately this way of thinking is a bit old fashioned now. I would suggest that for the past 3 years the upper teams of LVFL are above that standard. I think the benchmark has been raised significantly and the standard will continue to rise hence the ever increasing dividing gap between teams such as Inglewood who are falling further and further behind the pack.

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately this way of thinking is a bit old fashioned now. I would suggest that for the past 3 years the upper teams of LVFL are above that standard. I think the benchmark has been raised significantly and the standard will continue to rise hence the ever increasing dividing gap between teams such as Inglewood who are falling further and further behind the pack.

Cracka is spot on. Newbridge may have got 2's players from BFL a few years back, but have also havent challenged for a few years. Look at Marong for example, Corey Gregg, A.Bowe, Tibbet, all played in the senior BFL Grand Final side from last year but won't walk into LVFL Interleague side. BFL 2's players add depth but would have to be from a pretty strong BFL club before you start saying they'll tear up LVFL

Back