AeroBoy

Mar 2, 2001
I was under the impression that for UQ to have 4 teams there had to be two definative lists, and clearances or permits the only way people can be moved between those lists.

That's correct. It's a paperwork nightmare. At June 30, players get locked into one list or the other.

In Saturday's game, there were a mixture of reasons why a few players played down. Some are coming back from injury, some are struggling for form. There's a few players who played much of last year in Div 1 ressies, but probably won't make it into that side this year (Div 2 ressies now). There were also a number of new faces for the club out there, a couple of who might now get pushed up a Division.

You should see a bit more movement of players between our two Divisions this year. As Paddlepop33 said, we're training more as a unified squad this year, which gives a better chance to work out who our second 22 is each week. We had four guys push up from Div 2 Seniors to Div 1 ressies last year, but there probably should have been more if we were being honest about it.

improbablywrong

Mar 12, 2012
Mighty, the Nambour vs Caboolture 2's game is now nothing more than a practice match. I walked over Redcliffe's ground this arvo and yes it is wet but has dried considerably since last night. 29 degrees today and predicted sunshine on the weekend. A decision made in haste. Anyways you look at it, poor judgement by the so called powers that be!

how come results from this "practice" game are posted on the aflq website and points awarded? what a tinpot administration we have running our comp. I know several clubs informed the league that their ovals were fine to play ressies and were denied. Now they want makeup games on a wednesday night? what a joke.

MaXiUs

Rookie
Feb 18, 2008
SE Queensland
Obviously we cant take much out of rd 1 results with most teams usually fielding remarkably different teams in a month or twos time, but can anyone confirm the rumour that Uni played several div 2 players?

Personally I thought this sounded like crap as it would simply upset the div 3 players, but some people are insisting that they did???

Also I heard Flowers broke a finger in the first 1/4???

Looking through the team sheets on the aflq site and being able to view players history over the last year or so there were 7 I think that played in the former Div.1 sides (seniors/reserves) of the 2011 season. But it also only named 18 players as well. Sounds all very strange to me :confused:

PIES11

Jul 6, 2011
Caboolture
What are everyones predictions for top 4 this year? In no specific order i think;

Nambour
Beenleigh
Caboolture
Logan

Thoughts?

Mine has changed dramitcally since months ago
Coomera
Caboolture
Nambour
Ipswich

Beenleigh will go very very close

cats35

Jun 28, 2006
scarborough
how come results from this "practice" game are posted on the aflq website and points awarded? what a tinpot administration we have running our comp. I know several clubs informed the league that their ovals were fine to play ressies and were denied. Now they want makeup games on a wednesday night? what a joke.

If this is true when will it happen. At my age i barely get up week to week, let alone after 3 days

improbablywrong

Mar 12, 2012
If this is true when will it happen. At my age i barely get up week to week, let alone after 3 days

true mate, next wednesday is the anointed time, because no game over easter, hope clubs tell them to stuff it and give everyone two points because it will be open to rorts like the UQ team stacking last week.

i heard finding enough grounds with 100 lux lighting is also an issue

Sepoy

Jul 11, 2011
Terra Australis
in my opinion Ipswich played out of their skins and Beenleigh were very wasteful and did not look switched on

Word on the block is Coomera have a cpl of ex Southport players getting a gig, though they did not play on the w/e going off the team list

Observer23

Draftee
Aug 13, 2010
Brisvegas
Celtics
in my opinion Ipswich played out of their skins and Beenleigh were very wasteful and did not look switched on

Word on the block is Coomera have a cpl of ex Southport players getting a gig, though they did not play on the w/e going off the team list

Ipswich actually believe they have a lot of improvement left in them, and that the fact that ten new guys played, and another six in this week, it will take a little time to gel together.

Add Bartels, Lincoln, Gillespie (will kick a lot of goals), Rantall, Brereton plus a least half a dozen youngsters to this and there is plenty of improvement. In fact I think that the Ipswich camp was a little disappointed. Beenleighs experienced guys held sway in the third quarter which was the difference and Luke going down with a hammy was a factor, as he was causing a lot of headaches. Plenty of good signs and dont agree they played out of their skins, just some rookie mistakes and some understanding that let them down.

Sepoy

Jul 11, 2011
Terra Australis
Ipswich actually believe they have a lot of improvement left in them, and that the fact that ten new guys played, and another six in this week, it will take a little time to gel together.

Add Bartels, Lincoln, Gillespie (will kick a lot of goals), Rantall, Brereton plus a least half a dozen youngsters to this and there is plenty of improvement. In fact I think that the Ipswich camp was a little disappointed. Beenleighs experienced guys held sway in the third quarter which was the difference and Luke going down with a hammy was a factor, as he was causing a lot of headaches. Plenty of good signs and dont agree they played out of their skins, just some rookie mistakes and some understanding that let them down.

Where was Gillespie on the w/e.... was a big advantage when I saw he didn't take the paddock

naphan my hero

Sep 6, 2010
gold coast

Given that its only round 1 id say most teams will b on the improve.. check the team sheet compared to last years I think u will find there's atleast 13 new faces at beenleigh some of which hav not had any snr experience an with a handful of quality boys stil to come in to the team things r def looking good..

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers
Where was Gillespie on the w/e.... was a big advantage when I saw he didn't take the paddock

Are we talking A Gillespie from the Western Magpies or someone completely different?

If it is him and IPS have an avenue to get the ball to him, he'll go very well in this league. He should have been playing Pineapple cup seniors last year, but the Maggies left him in the Reserves.... where he kicked plenty and won the goalkicking medal.

Sepoy

Jul 11, 2011
Terra Australis
Are we talking A Gillespie from the Western Magpies or someone completely different?

If it is him and IPS have an avenue to get the ball to him, he'll go very well in this league. He should have been playing Pineapple cup seniors last year, but the Maggies left him in the Reserves.... where he kicked plenty and won the goalkicking medal.

I was told it was the Western Magpies Gillespie playing for Ipswich...

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers
I was told it was the Western Magpies Gillespie playing for Ipswich...

I thought it was pretty big for IPS to get Bartels, but add Gilly into the mix and there's 2 very handy recruits right there.

Deelightful

Jul 6, 2011
Gold Coast

I watched the Beenleigh V Ipswich on Saturday and would be shocked If Ipswich are to play finals in 2012. Beenleigh looked to be missing several top liners and lacked any damaging or hungry for the ball forwards and whilst they dominated play all day without hurting Ipswich on the scoreboard

We, like everyone else I assume, had several players unavailable. I wouldnt be judging either side based on that game.

TTebow

Draftee
Mar 29, 2012
one tree hill
long time reader first time posting. watched the first half of logan Vs UQ logan looked very lazy but saying that wasnt expecting them to go down.
got down to the beenleigh Vs Ipswich #35 from ipswich has a great set of hands and a massive kick as for beenleigh not much to say really very slow and unfit...
anyone know how many they are expecting back into SNR side???

np_#1

Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
long time reader first time posting. watched the first half of logan Vs UQ logan looked very lazy but saying that wasnt expecting them to go down.
got down to the beenleigh Vs Ipswich #35 from ipswich has a great set of hands and a massive kick as for beenleigh not much to say really very slow and unfit...
anyone know how many they are expecting back into SNR side???

Whilst I didnt see Logan play I did see buffs ! And ur on the money about #35 for ipswitch just a kid maybe 17 18 very good but slow and unfit cmon mate its round one ! I think ipswitch will have a good year if they stay healthy buffs had quiet a few out and still tweaking with the game plane !

naphan my hero

Sep 6, 2010
gold coast

Did coomera pick up those southport boys thru the signs on the tree's they've been puttin around coomera hahahaha.. Classic way of recruiting talent

Neutral Observer

Aug 14, 2011
brisbane
For what they are worth here are my tips:

Moorooka over Calamvale, no reason just 2 struggling sides,
Coomera over Caboolture, only because I believe Cab have too many injuries after the block buster against Nambour last week. Cab will be there abouts,
Logan over Nambour, for the same reason as above. No Spring no Nambour???? Just a question,
redcliffe over Ipswich, redcliffe are good,
Beenleigh over UQ, because div 1 are back. Logan should get last weeks points.

Enjoy - I am going to watch the GF replay.

Buffaloridge

Apr 18, 2011
Waterford
Liverpool
For what they are worth here are my tips:

Moorooka over Calamvale, no reason just 2 struggling sides,
Coomera over Caboolture, only because I believe Cab have too many injuries after the block buster against Nambour last week. Cab will be there abouts,
Logan over Nambour, for the same reason as above. No Spring no Nambour???? Just a question,
redcliffe over Ipswich, redcliffe are good,
Beenleigh over UQ, because div 1 are back. Logan should get last weeks points.

Enjoy - I am going to watch the GF replay.

Moorooka. A little fitter or should be from what I have been told
Caboolture . Just think they will run the game out better even after last weeks dissapointment.
Nambour they won games last year with out spring and they are the premiers.
Recliffe just being nice and quiet up there . If our delivery was better going in to the forward line in the first quater I would of loved to see the score. ( my personal opinion)
Buffs need I say more