Society & Culture Strange people you have worked with

Remove this Banner Ad

yarran13

Team Captain
May 5, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
I have known a colleague of mine for between 2 or 3 years and she has slowly come out with some very odd information. I realized she was a bit of a 'hippy' type but I am compiling some strange facts about her.

1. She told me that she hangs herself upside down at least 3 times a week at night for an hour at a time.

2. She does not use her toilet, she puts her s**t in her compost bin to use for her garden. Yes I have eaten vegies she has supplied to staff at work out of the goodness of her heart. :mad:

3. According to her, she spends 90% of the time in the nude, I went to her place once where she was painting her house, in the complete nude. True story. I didn't stay long, was not a pretty sight.

4. She refused to use electricity, which means no phone, tv, radio or anything.

You got any odd workmates?

Woman aged at least mid-50s if not 60+ telling us all last week about her dildos and the time she shagged a 21-year-old in the stationery room.

I worked with a mad, mad irish woman who would always talk to herself. When she finished something she'd say 'WHOSE A GOOD GIRL, YES YOU ARE, YES YOU ARE' to herself. She'd say she needed 4 coffee's each morning to wake up,a nd no-one was allowed to talk to her till 11am.

Was quite funny actually.

Nothing compared to what's already said, but I did work briefly with the son of a Maltese missionary family who had grown up in Georgia (former Soviet Union Georgia, not the US state). Spoke 6 languages (Maltese, Georgian, Italian, Spanish, Russian and English), and was a pretty weird guy. Highly homophobic (which is a little awkward for me since I have a lot of gay mates), but other than that he was pretty cool. Had an "I am adept at using semi-automatic weapons" vibe about him.

I work with a lot of fat women, and this one big maori whale has a secret collection of used chewys that she sticks beside her desk. Got to be about 100+ , it's gross. One of those typical whiney fat girls. Our office is very close to three takeaway stores and she orders from them every day for lunch, yesterday she woddles out to collect her KFC and I politely say "lunch time is it?" she stares me down and says "whatever, everyone has to ****in eat don't they?" :confused:

I work with a lot of fat women, and this one big maori whale has a secret collection of used chewys that she sticks beside her desk. Got to be about 100+ , it's gross. One of those typical whiney fat girls. Our office is very close to three takeaway stores and she orders from them every day for lunch, yesterday she woddles out to collect her KFC and I politely say "lunch time is it?" she stares me down and says "whatever, everyone has to ****in eat don't they?" :confused:

Are you sure she,s getting KFC everyday and not just enjoying the sunshine, just saying because at work I eat outside everyday and people might sometimes assume I'm getting take away, which in fact I just like fresh air and eat outside with my own lunch in the sun reading the paper and what not. Although she does sound like a filthy pig so your probably right.

Last edited:
When I was doing temp/contract work in London I worked with some weird pommy bloke who was convinced that he was being stalked by Geri Halliwell of Spice Girls fame. In the space of a couple of weeks he reckoned he saw Geri shopping at his local supermarket, on his bus, at his local pub and outside his apartment block hiding in a car. According to him these Geri sightings were all too much just to be a coincidence and the only logical conclusion was that Geri Halliwell was stalking him.

On top of that he claimed to be related to someone in the Royal Family and would get invited to regular parties at Buckingham Palace mixing with the Royals and other celebrities. Eventually our supervisor woke up to the fact that the guy was a complete nutter and gave him his marching orders.

In the late 90's i worked with a guy who was in his early 30's who basically acted like he had been in 'nam.

Dressed in camo pants, listened to nothing but late 60's rock like the Stones and Creedence, had a Johnny Unitas flat top and in his downtime was invariably reading some sort of nam related book.

Odd bloke but harmless enough. Would have been in nappies when the war was going

Not someone i worked with, but was talking to one of my Mrs relos (came out on the boat from Yugoslavia)...bloke in his late 50's or so, and he said he had quit his job on the mines. Seemed a normal sort of guy, so i went "oh yeah...taking early retirement eh...good on you".

And he was like, "oh no. I quit because the rapture is coming and i want concentrate on prayer". And was dead serious, no joke.

Bloke came across as 100% normal before that. He was your average boilermaker welder and 5 min before that was talking to me about footy

Work with a bloke who I assumed was 21-22yrs old. He rides a scooter to work, lives with mum and dad and goes to University. But something always seemed a little left of centre about him. For starters one day I saw him looking at Dungeon and Dragons collectables on his lunch break online. He always comes out with weird news articles about I.T. (I work in the I.T. field.)

I just put it down to him being a full blown nerd and went on with my way. That was until he informed me a few weeks ago that he was a security gaurd at the Sydney Olympics. Me doing my maths figured he would then have to be at least 30 if thats the case, seeing as he'd have to be 18yrs of age to do the security.

Anyways, more weird and wacky things happens with him all whilst he gets paid rookie wages until one day it was revealed he is 39yrs of age... Weird bloke to say the least.

lol all the stories are so good. Im not sure which ones most disturbing, possibly the guy that is related to the royal family and is being stalked by Gerri Halliwell.

Are you sure she,s getting KFC everyday and not just enjoying the sunshine, just saying because at work I eat outside everyday and people might sometimes assume I'm getting take away, which in fact I just like fresh air and eat outside with my own lunch in the sun reading the paper n what not. Although she does sound like a filthy pig so your probably right.

Yep. As I said I work with a lot of fat women. They all take it in turns to drive across the road (it's literally 50 metres) to collect takeaway to bring back to the office. Each day they all emerge from their areas as soon as their noses pick up that food is in the building, go to the front desk, bundle up their food under each arm and roll back to their desks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a staff Christmas party had a bloke tell me how 'toey' he gets, went on to say he has a pull in the work dunnies at least 3 times a day! WTF

Ever since then have noticed some weird s**t. Often he asks one of the girls for help and when they are leaning over his desk using the keyboard he has a big sniff of their hair. He noticed me catch him one day and gave me a wink. The funny thing is how much the girls think he is a nice guy lol

Ever since then have noticed some weird s**t. Often he asks one of the girls for help and when they are leaning over his desk using the keyboard he has a big sniff of their hair. He noticed me catch him one day and gave me a wink. The funny thing is how much the girls think he is a nice guy lol

That is awesome

At a staff Christmas party had a bloke tell me how 'toey' he gets, went on to say he has a pull in the work dunnies at least 3 times a day! WTF

Reminds me of a guy I work with who is heavy in to the public masturbation. Always good for a story.

I have known a colleague of mine for between 2 or 3 years and she has slowly come out with some very odd information. I realized she was a bit of a 'hippy' type but I am compiling some strange facts about her.

1. She told me that she hangs herself upside down at least 3 times a week at night for an hour at a time.

2. She does not use her toilet, she puts her s**t in her compost bin to use for her garden. Yes I have eaten vegies she has supplied to staff at work out of the goodness of her heart. :mad:

3. According to her, she spends 90% of the time in the nude, I went to her place once where she was painting her house, in the complete nude. True story. I didn't stay long, was not a pretty sight.

4. She refused to use electricity, which means no phone, tv, radio or anything.

You got any odd workmates?

None of this is surprising other than the fact that Mantis actually works.

I worked for a very small credit union back in the late 90's when I was first out of school.

An older colleague of mine who just seemed like a strange unit and didn't really talk to anyone else kept a bottle of baby powder in his desk and would always take it to the toilet with him which I found quite odd.

At the same place I worked with a extremely hot 19yo who didn't mind offering me a bit of lunchtime action. ;)

Worked with a guy in a restaurant many years ago. He was of Indian/Malaysian decent.

He reckons he came to Australia after serving many years in some branch of the UN peacekeeping forces. Reckons he had all sorts of covert missions, taking out warlords, criminals etc. Reckons he killed more than 100 people.

He said he enlisted after his folks died in the September 11 attacks.

Each year he'd have to go back to Malaysia to do a couple of weeks of a refresher army service.

He was dating one of the waitresses, who's family had taken him in, as he didn't really have anywhere to live and they took pity on him coz of his parents.

Everyone kind of knew it was bullshit, but the lengths the guy went to and the detail of the stories was unfathomable.

Needless to say, it all came out one day. When he was on his yearly Malaysia trip, the boss happened to run into him at a St. Kilda pizzeria, having dinner with his parents!

Never saw him again.

worked with a guy in the 80s ... bit of a hippy type...

1) ate cereal at his desk for breakfast, evryday

2) once drove a work mini into the carpark on 3 wheels, almosy collecting CEO

3) fed his skinny black tie thru a papaer shredder - stop button was pressed as his face hit the top of the machine

played footy with a bloke who could get his own pippi into his mouth, and chose amazing moments to do so.

best ever though was at the then Saloon bar in South Yarra, packed Saturday night - Grand Final night in fact. Jumps up onto the bar then grabs the wooden plank that hangs from chains on the ceiling. like a cat pulls himself up to balance on the beam and then drops his pants and puts his dick in his mouth to a packed front bar. chicks appalled, dudes enthralled. jumps down, calmly telling the bouncers "im going" and walked out.

Amazing trick...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back