LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think of Steven whybrow played in the first game in the ovens and king on the weekend and serp are looking to wrap him before the first game I went and watched him play and the 20 year old had plenty of the ball and lots of run through the middle was probably best on ground defently is a player to watch

What do you think of Steven whybrow played in the first game in the ovens and king on the weekend and serp are looking to wrap him before the first game I went and watched him play and the 20 year old had plenty of the ball and lots of run through the middle was probably best on ground defently is a player to watch

New to bigfooty are you Steven??

This x10000

Any practice match results?

Calivil was beaten by over 10 goals by Lockington, Newbridge beat Carisbrook but lost too Bula?? by less than a kick in their 3way flood victim games, Bridgewter easily beat Harcort, Pyramid lost by 20 points to elmore but apparently still had half dozen out including two melbourne boys and Marong got pumped by Huntly to the tune of 20 goals. Mitiamo play Cohuna Thursday night at Miti

definately. played first game of last year at rushworth, against eventual premiers lancaster and was easily BOG (may have even got the 3 in the league medal by memory), then due to work..or lack of it.. went back to tatong(i think) in the ovens and king league

Calivil was beaten by over 10 goals by Lockington, Newbridge beat Carisbrook but lost too Bula?? by less than a kick in their 3way flood victim games, Bridgewter easily beat Harcort, Pyramid lost by 20 points to elmore but apparently still had half dozen out including two melbourne boys and Marong got pumped by Huntly to the tune of 20 goals. Mitiamo play Cohuna Thursday night at Miti

Cohuna 6-7 goals up after 3 quaters, Kangas had 7 seniors out and mitti pretty good, don't know what players mitti had but was a bus load from Bendigo that played:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cohuna 6-7 goals up after 3 quaters, Kangas had 7 seniors out and mitti pretty good, don't know what players mitti had but was a bus load from Bendigo that played:thumbsu:

Out of the 15 on the bus Miti took up, it was a combo of both ones and twos players. Miti and calivil both have a mini bus leave bendigo Thursday nights. The result was 5-6 goals but i understand both had about half dozen out of strongest line ups. Spoke to Eve at miti and he said he was happy with the hit out from the team he fielded..

I will have a go for you Lucky....

Calivil United to beat Mitiamo by 23 points.
Bridgewater to beat YCW by 15 points.

Who are the other games?

Il go:
Bridgewater over YCW by 19 points
Mitiamo to beat Calivil United by 32 points
Pyramid Hill to beat Marong by 43 points
BL Serpentine to beat Inglewood by 95 points.

Just my opinion but should be a more even comp this year be good to see some sides challenge the mean machine

Bit quiet for the Loddon valley considering its under a week till match day

Whose going to win this weeks matches[/quot

Finally, round 1.

Calivil v Miti should be a close one. Miti will be without a few quality players to injuries and don't think they'll really get going till round 3-4.. Miti by a couple..

Pyramid should beat Marong quite easily going on each teams pre-season form and recruiting.
Bulldogs by 12-14goals

Serp and Inglewood should be a walk over for the Bears who have made it quite well known they have a list of 60+ to pick from. Time to see if any of those 60 can play footy.. Don't think Inglewood have done enough to be considerded any diferent from last year.
Serp by 10-12goals

Bridgy and YC should be match of the round. Word is bridgy will be about the mark again and have filled the voids left by Harris, Cohgy, Baker ect while YCW have apparently recruited well for a team that wasn't fair off the mark last year.. I'm going to go
YC by 3-5goals

Pitty we won't see Birchy's boys in round one. Alot of noise coming from out Newbridges way last few weeks.. Don't know how many names he got on paper but sounded busy..

Looming as a pretty even year for LVFL.. Thoughts??

Interesting to see Calivil into 7.00 in premiership betting, leaving them 3rd favourites - I thought they'd be struggling to make the finals.

Should be a good season with a number of chances for the Flag, would expect the Flag to come from B/W, Serp, YCW or Pyramid and will be interesting to see what Newbridge/Miti can do.

For mine a Serp/Pyramid grand final.

[/quot

Pitty we won't see Birchy's boys in round one. Alot of noise coming from out Newbridges way last few weeks.. Don't know how many names he got on paper but sounded busy..

Looming as a pretty even year for LVFL.. Thoughts??[/quote]

Newbridge should be alot stronger this year from what i have heard. With comer back there and the addition of the 2 key defenders from wedderburn in postle and brown. Should be a good midfield with chris endres who i have heard good things about with holt and mcmurtrie and ford, as well as comer.

Looking like a much more even league this year which is good... with the exception of inglewood which is unfortunate, but time will tell..

YCW in front at half time then spanked.... Anyone catch a look at that game I thought there had been talk that YCW could be the side.

Should Bridgey be given the Cup now or is there a couple of challengers in the pack?

Not a bad sort of win by Calivil United too against Miti who are usually finalists.

Should Bridgey be given the Cup now or is there a couple of challengers in the pack?

Not a bad sort of win by Calivil United too against Miti who are usually finalists.[/quote]

I was at the Miti game. Speaking to their coach pre game, they were going in without 4 of the best 21, then lost their CHB in the warm up to a groin and lost another two backmen and the back up ruck within the first 10 minutes leaving them without a bench for 90% of the game. Not ideal but full credit to Calivil for making the most of an opportunity. They might push for 5th place but i doubt it. A big win but Miti will be a different side completly when you bring back those that missed and give bench support..

very suprised at the YC v Bridgy result. Say what you want about Bridgy dropping off, they are still very strong on paper and think that showed although it was only round 1..

Whats happening in the Loddon Footy guys? It would appear that Bridgey and Serp are the teams to beat by a fair margin. Appears that most teams have improved including Inglewood but still a fair way to go. Injuries have appeared to be a factor for most including Bridgey. They finished the game with no bench against the Hill. Would appear that Serp have been the best recruitors over the off season?

Whats happening in the Loddon Footy guys? It would appear that Bridgey and Serp are the teams to beat by a fair margin. Appears that most teams have improved including Inglewood but still a fair way to go. Injuries have appeared to be a factor for most including Bridgey. They finished the game with no bench against the Hill. Would appear that Serp have been the best recruitors over the off season!

I don't get to any LV games so forgive me if I'm way off the mark but wouldn't Pyramid Hill be a flag chance? Did they beat Bridgewater last week?

Whats happening in the Loddon Footy guys? It would appear that Bridgey and Serp are the teams to beat by a fair margin. Appears that most teams have improved including Inglewood but still a fair way to go. Injuries have appeared to be a factor for most including Bridgey. They finished the game with no bench against the Hill. Would appear that Serp have been the best recruitors over the off season?

Serp have recruited alot. Be interesting to see when they come up against Bridgy/Pyramid to see what the quality is like. Pyramid will be at the top end all year.. Just wait and see what they can produce in finals.. gets a little tight around the collar for the Doggies come september.. YC don't appear to be as strong as it was thought opr just a slow start??...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back