Oppo Camp Round 1 - Vs North Melbourne | The Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep we had them on toast and should have won by over 40 points. That bullshit free kick against Hurley (how dare he have the temerity to fly for a mark!) turned the momentum as they had acres of space out the back of our zone. Then credit to them they fought very hard against THEIR GREATEST RIVALS :D.

Dustin the greatest defender of the modern era Fletcher once again saves a game. That spoil defied the laws of physics!!

Just got bagged for telling an Essendon supporter that we weren't at full strength (I wasn't throwing out excuses, it was in response to him saying we were full strength. It is clearly a stupid statement). But anyway, now my argument to him is, you guys won, and are still making excuses? Could have been 40 points?? Yeah, but it wasn't. Maybe you should accept you just aren't that much better than us (conversely, maybe North fans should accept we are behind you). Finished a game and a half in front of us last year, very similar percentages last year, and of course we beat you. Now only beat us by two points. Suggests we are a lot closer in performance than either fanbase would like to admit.
Which just quickly reminds me, I've been meaning to argue this for a while. Don't give me the whole we beat Geelong therefore we are better?, that's completely different. They finished a whole 7 games in front of you. I think the difference in the number of wins between us (which was low) means that it is not completely irrational to argue on the back of one game. But when you are 7 games behind, you are clearly not as good. Even if in one game..

Anyway, Stanton, what a gun. Watson, Hurley, Heppell, Ryder and Fletcher are all class. Had Ryder in my Dreamteam up until Wednesday I think, had money to burn, so got Shaw in my backline who is 60k more, and went Ryder -> Jarred Redden. Shaw = 56, Ryder =120 odd....
Ryder will go close to AA squad this year, Goldstein's overall performance will be hampered by being in tandem with HMac, and Sandi isn't quite fit, so his main competition will be Dean Cox and Matthew Leuenberger I think.

Brent Harvey kept on reminding me what a potential gun you have in Travis Colyer. How important is his run and crumbing through the midfield/forward to you guys? And when do you expect him back, in time for the Pies??

As I finished off my post on the North board, disappointing result for us but could've been a whole lot worse if it went the other way after 3/4 time. Fortunately, our boys had enough in the tank to fight back. Unfortunately, class and better general play won out. Both teams will look to improve on what was a classic round 1 performance over the next couple of weeks. Essendon should get wins vs Port and GC, and I don't think Collingwood and Carlton will be all that good before the halfway mark, so your boys could possibly be 4-1 with a great percentage :thumbsu:

Look forward to seeing you next time.

P.S. It's a marathon not a sprint

P.S.S. Depending on tomorrows results, Essendon may be out of the top 8 at the end of round 1 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad we didn't loose to those s**t-truck minnows.
We are a fair level above them, and have more improvement left too.

Here, here!

It will be the biggest crowd they'll get for the year.

Never been so frustrated at a game.

The paupers were certainly given a free ride with the twats in green.

THANKFULLY good overcome evil in the end.

931deadkangaroo.jpg

Umps made a few bad calls.
Fletcher clearly got Wells high around the neck in the 3rd. Would've been a 50 anytime usually which would of been a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back