brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
**** off you might have had a cheap win (thanks to Hmacs wayward kick) but don't get ahead of yourself mate.

I think you're the one who needs to P*SS OFF! You're on the WRONG BOARD!

cheap win?

hmmmm cheap win was the one we gave you guys last year.

good luck beating a top 8 side this year. lucky for you you've got GC and GWS twice.

sacka

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Benders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

cheap win?

good luck beating a top 8 side this year. lucky for you you've got GC and GWS twice.
So what you are saying is they will at least get 1 win for the year.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City

cheap win?

It was a cheap win for sure, we had all the run in the last 10 mins.
last year we had a great win and all your bombers did was whinge about umps like usual, pathetic.
In round 20 order will be restored.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I've got nothing to really add, except for the North fans labelling it a soft win : suck s**t. kthxbai.

Oh and for my fellow Bombers, you might be interested in reading the views of the infamous Bigfooty & Norf fan (and Brad Scott cousin... apparently) Suzi Olsen:

http://northinsider.wordpress.com/

She sums up North pretty well. I'm sure they are proud to have it... I mean her in their ranks.

No Hocking,
Bullshit umpiring
Horrible goal kicking

Still won!

This.

Some satisfaction to be taken here in knowing that the NM BigFooty punces endured one of the most painful methods of losing.

Otherwise, the blue and white gnat has been swatted, onto the silver, teal, and black, and white.

The House

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pelicans
I've got nothing to really add, except for the North fans labelling it a soft win : suck s**t. kthxbai.

Oh and for my fellow Bombers, you might be interested in reading the views of the infamous Bigfooty & Norf fan (and Brad Scott cousin... apparently) Suzi Olsen:

She sums up North pretty well. I'm sure they are proud to have it... I mean her in their ranks.

Not sure if this (link) is serious???

If so, what a ****ing weirdo.

I'm a little taken a back by that "article" :D:D:D:D:D

edge982

Senior List
Jul 6, 2011
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GCS, Patriots, Ole Miss, Notre Dame

Personally, I like the part at the end to opposition supporters. Apparently, if we post something about her article, SHE WILL READ IT!!! And get this, her response WON'T BE PRETTY!!!

:rolleyes:

lemon chicken

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2008
Mordialloc
AFL Club
Essendon
Time the AFL banned alcohol at North home games. The feral abuse thrown towards a KID that pantsed them was disgraceful, then the knuckledraggers decide to try and start fights after the final siren. Terrible behaviour for what was a fantastic game.

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would have loved for us to win but in the end it might have just been wallpapering over cracks.

People complain about no 50m for the Fletcher snipe on Wells. Yeah, all other things being equal it should have been 50 (and Fletcher has always, always been a dirty [or, if you support, Essendon, 'clever'] player when it comes to things like that) but how can you blame the umpire for not paying it when so many of our players will milk a free kick if there's half a chance? Tonight, Thompson (who played an outstanding game otherwise) feigned an injury when one of your players gave him a gentle elbow until he realised how dumb he looked, while Petrie went down like a sack of spuds and milked a free kick and free goal. Those are just the two I can remember; there were others.

Killed in the clearances. McIntosh was our second highest clearance winner with three ffs. Behind Swallow, we had nobody. So what if Ziebell was out? Cunnington should have stood up and tonight he simply wasn't up to it (which is fair enough given his delayed development), so Bon has to put his hand up for not picking Greenwood. Harper and Atley are miles off winning the inside ball given their size/age and I have no idea what happened to Adams and Bastinac (although, lack of clearances aside, Adams played a good game).

Look at who kicked your goals: Stanton (2), Melksham (2), NLM (ffs) (2), Watson (1), Heppell (1). That's 8 goals by my count from midfielders/hbf. Our tally? Harvey, Adams and Wells - who all spend plenty of time forward anyhow - kicked a goal or two each. Not only was our midfield killed in the clearances, they were killed on the rebound. When a front-runner like NLM gets two shots at goal on the run from directly in front all alone, you know something isn't right.

Were it not for our hotchpotch defense standing up most admirably under intense pressure, we would have been slaughtered. Four goals between them to 'superstar' Hurley and Hille/Ryder combined despite our undersized defense shows just how well our back six stood up. I hope their efforts don't get overlooked in the washup on the North board. 18 R50s between them to McMahon, Thompson and Firrito is an incredible effort. Without them who knows what might have happened.

For you guys, Stanton was massive. I will admit that I underrated this guy before last night. He showed me. Paddy Ryder had an outstanding game but I hope he sends Bon a crate of beer to say thanks for our ruckman strategy (not that Bon would drink the beer being the elite professional he is). I told a mate that if he was betting on Essendon he should get on the 'Crameri most goals' leg as well. 0.5 proves I know what I am talking about but that punting is a mug's game. Dirty tendencies aside, Fletcher is a legend of the game, no questions about it. Any true football follower has to admire his longevity and love for the contest. Your side will be markedly better without McVeigh in it. That is all.

Enjoy the win, Bombers fans. I got an early night's sleep (would have probably celebrated by hitting the piss had we won, there was a party on next door) so there is always a silver lining to any cloud. My month off the booze survived its first Saturday. I hope you ****s are all nursing hangovers.

Until round 20, FD over and out.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
fairdinkum, fairplay to you, you are undoubtedly the most reasonable NM poster on Bigfooty.

Good Luck next week.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey guys, I haven't read most of this, so if someone else has already gone there, forgiveness please....

....but there was this one time, where I was standing in front of the North Melbourne coaching box, where I looked at their box and they saw me, and I mouthed the word "Heppell" 3 times and they all looked back at me, broke into tears because they knew Heppell was better than Atley, and I was so cool. - geez I'm ace. :thumbsu:

Heh.

Can't believe it took that long.

Excellent write up fd. I thought your point about feigning was excellent. Sometimes it makes you wonder that their is a higher being out there evening up the score.

Think if players like Thomas thought less about feigning, cheap shots behind the play and being an a-hole in general karma would allow him to kick straight.

On another note wonder if it was any North supporters on Bigfooty brawling after the game. Really made my night watching you turn on each other

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Apparently our only decent midfielder is Jobe Watson, who still isn't in the classy bracket of Andrew Swallow...

Thought Stanton with his 35 touches & 2 goals & reigning B&F winner Zaharakis with his 25 touches were both pretty impressive. Not to mention Hocking who unfortunately was subbed off midway through the first quarter. They all of course received 5 star rucking service from one of the best rucking duos in the game in Ryder & Hille.

Dream Team points can sometimes be a little misleading but Essendon's top 3 midfielders on the night (Watson, Stanton & Zaharakis) all outranked their North counterparts.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I don't get it personally. I was told on AFL360 by David King that North's strength is their midfield, and their young guns of Bastinac and Cunnington would thrash us, and it was only if our KPP stood up we'd win. North's young mids are awesome and our midfield is our weakness.

Anyone got the clearance stats? What was it, 40ish-20ish our way?

Confusing, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back