MRP / Trib. Buddy's tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously if Buddy gets cited for what I saw then the game has gone to the pack. Normal circumstances, no case to answer but we all know how muck luck Buddy has with the MRP. Hope for the games sake Buddy is cleared.

Seriously if Buddy gets cited for what I saw then the game has gone to the pack. Normal circumstances, no case to answer but we all know how muck luck Buddy has with the MRP. Hope for the games sake Buddy is cleared.

Scarlett cleared and Buddy to do a week? Sounds about right!

With some complex system of activation points and the like to justify the science behind it too.

Scarlett cleared and Buddy to do a week? Sounds about right!

With some complex system of activation points and the like to justify the science behind it too.

Yep. I'm definitely not sold on the points activation system either. It often gets it right but there can be some glaring injustices at times IMO.

Yep. I'm definitely not sold on the points activation system either. It often gets it right but there can be some glaring injustices at times IMO.

Yes, it creates an artificial 'justification' system, I guess similar to the judicial system, but some decisions are bizarre. I wonder how the whole MRP will pan out this year - they were a laughing stock last year. A joke. Except, of course, to the masters that judge them.

You enjoy the game on Friday?

Yes, it creates an artificial 'justification' system, I guess similar to the judicial system, but some decisions are bizarre. I wonder how the whole MRP will pan out this year - they were a laughing stock last year. A joke. Except, of course, to the masters that judge them.

You enjoy the game on Friday?

I did albeit that the ending wasn't really to my liking. I think most Pies fans won't be too shattered though. A lot to like about what I saw.

I did albeit that the ending wasn't really to my liking. I think most Pies fans won't be too shattered though. A lot to like about what I saw.

Buckley has got 'em playing slightly less defensive which I like. It was a great opening game that's for sure. Funny you know, comparing it to the the preliminary final, we blew plenty of chances to ice that game, but lost. But given the stakes of that game, there was no next week. While you guys had plenty of chances on Friday, but couldn't capitalise, yet there are plenty of next weeks in front of you. Context can be a cruel thing. All that aside, barring natural disasters, the pointy end of the season should be a good one.

Buckley has got 'em playing slightly less defensive which I like. It was a great opening game that's for sure. Funny you know, comparing it to the the preliminary final, we blew plenty of chances to ice that game, but lost. But given the stakes of that game, there was next week. While you guys had plenty of chances on Friday, but couldn't capitalise, yet there are plenty of next weeks in front of you. Context can be a cruel thing. All that aside, barring natural disasters, the pointy end of the season should be a good one.

Totally agree. Good luck to you guys... Just not too much!

I could be wrong, but don't the MRP ping a player for the slinging action, irrespective of whether the arms are locked in or the head hitting the turf?

While it looked like a good, hard tackle to me - and only a small slinging action resulting from momentum and other of those pesky laws of physics - you never know what the MRP will come up with, living as they do in a magical wonderland where every player is in total control of his actions all the time and with the ability to suspend said universal laws like a freakin' god.

Got bad news guys. As some of you know as owner of AFLSpace website I am on the AFL media list. They have sent out a special release this morning due to the speculation over the tackle. The MRP have sat on it and here is the ruling about have embargo it till midday:

The AFL wishes to advise the Match Review Panel has reviewed the first seven of the weekend’s matches. The following charges were laid:

Charges Laid:

Lance Franklin, Hawthorn, has been charged with a Level Three engaging in rough conduct offence against ,Tyson Goldsack Collingwood, during the First quarter of the Round One match between Hawthorn and the Collingwood, played at the MCG on Friday March 30, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a three-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Collingwood, the incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), high impact (three points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 325 demerit points and a three-match sanction.
He has an existing bad record of five matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 50 per cent to 487 points. He also has 25 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 512 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to points and a three-match sanction.

Ouch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the fact that Goldsacks shoulder was hurt showing where the impact was made, and that he played out the game, I don't think Buddy will have anything to worry about.

Also, people forget that Buddy is now the face of the AFL advertising so you would think that he would get looked after a bit better.

Nothing to worry about with that tackle , awesome fair footballer .

Kudos to you, good sir. It's not very often an opposition supporter gives Bud such a complement.

My son was watching the game again this morning, and I am getting a little nervous on this one! Even if it is bottom grading, will hurt with 50% loading (I think) and any carry over points!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back