Monniehawk

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Monbulk, Upwey, Strathmore, St Alba
I cannot believe that some international intervention hasn't taken place to end this farcical situation. It's an absolute disgrace for those nations who have the resources to address this disgraceful situation to stand idly by while innocent people are murdered. F***k China and Russia, just go in and get rid of the maniac running the place.
Yup, that works every time....

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Perhaps you've got a better idea, maybe you think he should be allowed to stay in power and carry on killing his own people?

But we dont know that Mick, they aint coming from an independent source.

Have u seen some of the stuff on ABC24 they r getting off BBC World, re: Egypt. They are smearing the mussies, specially the muslim brotherhood. They go into the hick’most part of egypt, think moe, hallam hotel etc, then they get a soundbite from the local fundementalist conservative muslim “so, hahkmahl, what happens when someone steals your goat”. “Sir, we cut off his hand, ofcourse! With a blunt knife we use for female circumcision. It is out heathen and troglodyte culture u see sir!”

how many MI6 shadow plants do they have in MI6 to show how bad the muslim world is. R they from Huntington’s publisher trying to move more units?

k, now my anaolgy moves of 2 Libya. U saw the Libyan rebels running to asnd fro in their pick-ups, playing alpha male army GI Joe. Two questions. Did you hear some of their accents when interviewed ? (Ok, if they r interviewed, gonna be self selective, cos they need to interview in English). Point, they were US Libyan ex-pats, from Connecticut or Cali or NY. They were not the 20 year veterans schooled and educated in Libya. R u now asking the questions?

Second question re: Libya. See those pick-up trucks with the light artillery. Just where the heck do u think they got the AK-AK guns? Those weapons dont grow on trees do they? And do you ever ask what happened to the civilian air defense, and air support. Do u ask what happened to the threats from Gaddafi that he would raze Bangazi? How many civilians died in Bangazi? How quickly did the air defence of civilians turn into an offensive shock and awe. Did the UN authorise this mission creep? Why were the Chinese and Russians thinking they were sold a bill of goods by the West, and this was a regime change mission from the start. Is this what they are thinking, re: Syria (Uganda?) and moulding the ME in some post Sykes Picot Bush neo con utopia. That is why they dont want to be in this cluster-f*^& that is Syria. They know from Libya, quicker than one can say “Lets go to the Paris Hilton”. veolia veolia

Do you ever ask urself, why is this astroturf body, getting monies, who r they, what is their agenda. Usually, ask urself, who is this body called “The Iraqi National Congress”. “The <insert soverign state in the ME> Gov’t in Exile”. Why are these bodies, so easily translated into an terse pithy two word title, appealing to emotion. “The ME democratic gov’t of the people!!!”

These r just organisations the West can sell thru the broadsheet papers of record, the NYT and Wapo, and the echo chambers on Fox and Cable news channels.

I will get into Syria in another post.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
just quickly, why r the Free Syrian opposition getting money training weapons, from Lebanon, Turkey, House o Saud, Bahrain, Qatar, MI6/CIA (Israel?). Pretty simple divide and conquer foment sectarian internicine conflict like Iraq. Its all in Pearl's "A Clean Break" paper. Syria were #1 enemy. Someone else has the Golan, and Syria aint getting it back. Water and other resources.

Monniehawk

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Monbulk, Upwey, Strathmore, St Alba
Perhaps you've got a better idea, maybe you think he should be allowed to stay in power and carry on killing his own people?
Really! Conflating that my opposition to invasion as a tactic implies that I think Syria should be allowed to kill its own people is naive and simplistic. :thumbsdown:

The idea of a country invading another to kill its leader has been proved to be counter-productive. It simply galvanises opponents and exposes the allies to increased threats. The US invasions of Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan have landed itself (and its allies) in a deal of shite because it had an inflated idea of its military power and a poorly planned exit policy. It was also led by a blithering, deluded idiot. The entire West is now in a mess as a result. The killing has not abated, only the personnel doing it have changed. The US is at its most vulnerable - economically, politically and militarily - in its history because of aggressive and arrogant militarism. That now exposes the rest of us.
The slower, more effective way is to gain credibility internationally, then influence others in a wider coalition of neighbours, rather than banging together some coalition of imperialist and hostile cultures under false pretexts of humanitarianism.
The wrong method, for the wrong reasons yielding the wrong results.

Here's a brief, incomplete list of some US invasions: judge for yourself the effectiveness.

To be fair, some interventions (i.e. particularly Liberia, Macedonia, Yugoslavia, Albania) did have humanitarian imperatives. They were globally supported, largely successful and alleviated some of the negatives because they were for the right reasons.
Pity it didn't justify the other calamities.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
wait, lets not bang up on Mick Ryan. He reads the stuff if he is given opposing insight.

Cant blame him, since Michael Rowland on ABC Breakfast and Yalda Hakim on Dateline are really doing a great job of putting this out of context, and booting along the regime change US state dep't aim

starting on my Syria contribution:

Phillip Giraldi on Syria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Giraldi
http://antiwar.com/radio/2011/12/21/philip-giraldi-57/
http://antiwar.com/radio/2012/03/01/philip-giraldi-59/

NATO vs. Syria
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/blog/nato-vs-syria/
By Philip Giraldi | December 19, 2011
Americans should be concerned about what is happening in Syria, if only because it threatens to become another undeclared war like Libya but much, much worse. Calls for regime change have come from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who several weeks ago predicted a civil war. That is indeed likely if the largely secular and nationalist regime of Bashar al-Assad falls, pitting Sunni against Shia against Alawite. <thats fomenting the intersect conflict>snip

NATO is already clandestinely engaged in the Syrian conflict, with Turkey taking the lead as U.S. proxy. Ankara’s foreign minister, Ahmet Davitoglu, has openly admitted that his country is prepared to invade as soon as there is agreement among the Western allies to do so <UN sec council, please please Ruskie and China recalcitrants!> . The intervention would be based on humanitarian principles <!!! lol>, to defend the civilian population based on the “responsibility to protect” doctrine that was invoked to justify Libya. Turkish sources suggest that intervention would start with creation of a buffer zone along the Turkish-Syrian border and then be expanded. Aleppo, Syria’s largest and most cosmopolitan city, would be the crown jewel targeted by liberation forces.
Unmarked NATO warplanes are arriving at Turkish military bases close to Iskenderum on the Syrian border, delivering weapons from the late Muammar Gaddafi’s arsenals as well as volunteers from the Libyan Transitional National Council who are experienced in pitting local volunteers against trained soldiers, a skill they acquired confronting Gaddafi’s army. Iskenderum is also the seat of the Free Syrian Army, the armed wing of the Syrian National Council. French and British special forces trainers are on the ground, assisting the Syrian rebels while the CIA and U.S. Spec Ops are providing communications equipment and intelligence to assist the rebel cause, enabling the fighters to avoid concentrations of Syrian soldiers.

CIA analysts are skeptical regarding the march to war. The frequently cited United Nations report that more than 3,500 civilians have been killed by Assad’s soldiers is based largely on rebel sources and is uncorroborated. The Agency has refused to sign off on the claims. Likewise, accounts of mass defections from the Syrian Army and pitched battles between deserters and loyal soldiers appear to be a fabrication, with few defections being confirmed independently. Syrian government claims that it is being assaulted by rebels who are armed, trained, and financed by foreign governments are more true than false.
In the United States, many friends of Israel are on the Assad regime-change bandwagon, believing that a weakened Syria, divided by civil war, will present no threat to Tel Aviv. But they should think again, as these developments have a way of turning on their head. The best organized and funded opposition political movement in Syria is the Muslim Brotherhood.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
some, do ya own readin folks homework. Oh’ dog ate it did it. Well, Chief has wisely encoded SRP with thing on the interwebz, that has saved it for ya, so u can read it next time b4 posting drivel.

to Syria to be tortured
to Egypt to be disappeared (sic)
to the ME to conquer and hypocrisy
http://www.google.com.au/search?sou...to+Syria+to+be+tortured"+"to+Egypt"+disappear
Mamdouh Habib, Maher Arar stick em in the dark dank vault and cattle prod them like a Serang abatoir

bomb syria so I can sleep at night, a jacuzzi on anglo saxon man’s kipling guilt, or anglo saxon gurus guilt,
http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/12240/

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/profile.php?member=Phil_Giraldi

http://original.antiwar.com/giraldi/2011/11/16/will-washington-thump-the-syrian-domino/

http://original.antiwar.com/giraldi/2012/02/15/bipartisan-support-for-world-war-iii/

mick ryan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 26, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Mick, do you like the line about the Brit and French special forces training the Syrian terrorists?

So can we send that smug git William Hague to the Hague?

Thats some eponymous justice apples

As I said BC in another post, I agree with you re the biased press on the issue and also accept that the FSA/Rebels are being armed and financially supported by Western nations and some of the Arabs. I also recognize that regime change in Syria is not necessarily the best thing for that country. However, I don't agree that all the media reports are biased in favour of the rebels. Surely you would agree that there have been atrocities carried out by the Assad military and they have been committed against innocent civilians including women and children.
I believe that the situation has now reached a point where there is no going back and eventually Assad and his government will get rolled the same as what has happened in Egypt and Libya. Do I believe that those three countries will be better off? No I don't.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Hirsi Ali is alright - she just wants to end female genital mutilation. You mad?

I got a thing for Hirsi Ali, u only find those exquisite porcelain cheekbones from women around her native geneplace. So I have a tension, whereas the right get a hard-on for Albrechtsen and Ann Coulter, I dont mind Hirsi Ali and Michelle Malkin for an aesthetic appeal, its just their politics that rile me.

I support the anti genital mutilation.

dont support her using that to garner her place in the right wing echo chamber. But respect to pulling herself up from the bootstrings. The other right talking heads male and female, cant say that. Exponential more respect, for crossing the fictional left right divide, and becoming the cheerleader for the right. Better than a risible windschuttle or bolt any day.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
potentially, those French and English journalists may well be targets in Homs, like I speculated before.

Well, the US found it no problems to take out numerous al jazeera, bad for the goose, still bad for the gander, but we r free to delve head first 2 hypocrisy.
http://www.theage.com.au/world/secr...e-of-leaders-inner-circle-20120315-1v5we.html

just repeat, RIP to Marie Colvin. But not the only journo, and definitely not the only fatality. But I am calling "blackcat was right on this at the start".

Mick Ryan, u know when what is good for you :D listen to the master, ...please

mick ryan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 26, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
potentially, those french and english journalists may well be targets in homs, like i speculated before.

Well, the us found it no problems to take out numerous al jazeera, bad for the goose, still bad for the gander, but we r free to delve head first 2 hypocrisy.
http://www.theage.com.au/world/secr...e-of-leaders-inner-circle-20120315-1v5we.html

just repeat, rip to marie colvin. But not the only journo, and definitely not the only fatality. But i am calling "blackcat was right on this at the start".

mick ryan, u know when what is good for you :d listen to the master, ...please

سيد الحكمة دائما دائما

dont support her using that to garner her place in the right wing echo chamber.
Be honest brah. The only reason you don't like her is because she bags the Muslims. There are hundreds of more high profile conservatives you could've chosen to lampoon.

I reckon the reason she joined a liberal-right think tank rather than a left one was not because she gives a s**t about markets or conservatism or anything like that but because there are no left-liberals willing to say anything derogatory about Islam.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Be honest brah. The only reason you don't like her is because she bags the Muslims. There are hundreds of more high profile conservatives you could've chosen to lampoon.

I reckon the reason she joined a liberal-right think tank rather than a left one was not because she gives a s**t about markets or conservatism or anything like that but because there are no left-liberals willing to say anything derogatory about Islam.

I think u could be right? wanna be my shrink :D

well, I would concede Ayaan her right to be a proto feminist, cos they almost cut off her fun bits.

And saying "they", well, indeed, that is a tad pejorative and lassoing a bloc, when none exists. But if she was getting mutilated, under some religious doctrine, well, that is reprehensible, so lasso ahead blackcat. Was it more cultural putatively under some religious doctrine for cover... I have not researched it. I know she dodgy'ed up her background to claim refugee asylum in The Netherlands. And how would Meds and his crowd be wrt to this border hopping, does not do the genuine reffos much aid in giving the rejectionists some example to point to eh.

Think Niall has knocked her up!

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
Relevance?

[YOUTUBE]D0El9rN7Zoc[/YOUTUBE]

Depends on what ewe no, it's either baaaaad or or its?

TheHeatleyStand

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2003
Iceland
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok now that the pseudo uprising has run out of Western steam power.. What now for the idiots that fell for it???
Hopefully they dont get murdered.. but get life imprisonment for being traitors!!

And that should be a lesson to any other idiots around the world being paid to foster violence in their own country from Western Soros financed groups masking themselves as pro democracy groups

Back