Oppo Camp The non North thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pendlebury and Mitchell, just quality. Apart from that, the pace and pressure of that game was scary.

It was scary. The tackling, the quick hands, the accurate passing on occasions, the composure to drop the ball to your side's advantage while your head is being rammed into the turf, the fearless marking and spoiling, the gut running.

Please tell me we'll play like that too.

It's sad that he doesn't have a Brownlow and his chip scab team mate does.

Hell have one this year.
Poise and class.
Actually Buddy if he doesn get suspended might pip him.
He was awesome.

Just on tonights game.

I know it was perfect conditions and round 1 and two top4 teams but like many have said,the standard was scary good. Oh so high. All across the park.
Make no mistake if we played tonight wed have been done 9 goals plus.

I look at our team and i have no doubt we can be a great side also.
Dont want to sound confusing but OUR players need to elevate themselves to a top4 standard. Stop thinking well get there and start believing were ready. I take a lot from the thread 'how bad do we want it'.
Belief needs to be instilled in our heads. We need to do a West Coast and announce ourselves.

The comp has stepped it up a notch. Both teams, especially Hawthorn had such good ball use on every line. Star moments that make the jaw drop, speed and composure under pressure. Goals from outside 50. It was a bloody good game to watch.

I anxiously await (detailed) reports of our game tonight. ...We would want to have vastly improved on the past few seasons. Time to stop accepting below par performances, kicks, handballs, running. Every aspect has to lift or we'll get well and truly left behind, which is not beyond the realms of possibility at this point.

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Dees are poo.

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about them or the Tiges jumping over us in 2012.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After we won the game, the Essendon folk turned and threw meaningless drivel at the Norf coaches box. Not that the coaches seemed to mind, they appeared to be busy making sure they pocketed any spare pens laying around, and salvaging the half empty bottles of water (they aren't cheap after all).

Not me though, I found some bloke with a dull look on his face and a 1980s style Norf guernsey on. I figured he was just as likely as the next bloke to be whatever part timer they have doing the recruiting at Norf. I eyeballed him and mouthed the words "Dyson Heppell", until he silently shrugged and looked away.

I knew at this point that it would be the 438th time of many that he would realise that Essendon players, by and large, are always better than whatever great white hope Norf is trying to put on a pedestal.

This bloke?

[YOUTUBE]rqdf3iSauNw[/YOUTUBE]

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who knows what Ats could have done if he was assigned the easiest role in modern day football, as an unaccountable zoning half back?

I actually reckon the points were shared on saturday night, after Ats took the points last year.

Atley stood up on saturday night and gave his team impetus when the match was on the line. Atley did things that Heppel will never be able to do.

Heppel had mopped up his quota of soft unnaccountable kicks by then.

Atley actually competes and wins the ball, whereas Heppel would be ****ed if not for modern day zone football. I wouldn't swap them for gold bars.

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who knows what Ats could have done if he was assigned the easiest role in modern day football, as an unaccountable zoning half back?

I actually reckon the points were shared on saturday night, after Ats took the points last year.

Atley stood up on saturday night and gave his team impetus when the match was on the line. Atley did things that Heppel will never be able to do.

Heppel had mopped up his quota of soft unnaccountable kicks by then.
But did so with considerable style and efficiency. He is well ahead of Ats to date, playing a role that suits his game at the minute and utilises his considerable ability. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Heppel has kicked up his quota of soft unnaccountable mops since then.
efa. :thumbsu:

Essendon took Shortsteppell with an earlier pick that with which we took Atley.
And so far, the higher draft pick has shown more.
This, surely, is unprecedented in AFL history?:rolleyes:
jade_00 nothing's response is just a pre-prepared post that's been laboured over in response to the post last year by Handsome. Piss weak, like jade.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bullshit. We'll leave it at that.
Nah, its' not, but your are entitled to your view.

On the plus side Ats did show some really encouraging signs in relation to being comfortable out there on the weekend, the best he has shown to date. Him playing back gives him the chance to get used to the physical pressure of minding and competing with a direct opponent but also allows the game to open up in front of him, so that he can use his pace and evasive attributes to best effect. Looking forward to some really significant improvement this year.

Husk

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Six feet under
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While Heppell is probably ahead of Atley at the moment, I have to say if we continue with the current run and carry style. Atley will be a weapon off HB.

As long as he doesnt kick it very often :p

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While Heppell is probably ahead of Atley at the moment, I have to say if we continue with the current run and carry style. Atley will be a weapon off HB.

His DE was 88% on saturday night mate.

He's going to be better than most think.

Z_K

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Feb 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none

His kicking is fine. Not stylish, but if you want aesthetics, maybe YouTube Damien Cupido or Brady Anderson.

Husk

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Six feet under
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His DE was 88% on saturday night mate.

He's going to be better than most think.
It was half tounge in cheek.

His kicking will never be a strong part of his game, but as long as he can hit a target over 30-40 meters Im happy enough given what else he brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back