2012 here we go

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I live in Melbourne and am playing footy up in the country this year and heard a rumour about a group of country players from different leagues training together at Gosch's Paddock in Richmond.
1. Is this true?
2. If so, can anyone train there?
3. What times do they train?

Cheers

has anyone heard of who harrow-balmoral's coach is?? or have i just been left in the dark??? and any big fish been caught there??

also tragic for them to lose jack beaton and anthony close! huge holes in their side. (but expect to see them back in the later half of the year if they are a chance of another flag tilt!!)

Hi guys, just had a look at sports bet and seems to be a lot of country leagues getting involved, such as north central and ballarat. Is it possible we can have the wimmera, district and mallee put in the system? My betting fair would like this...

Edenhope Apsley $ 2.10
Kalkee $ 2.80
Swifts $ 5.50
Harrow Balmoral $ 11.50
Rupanyup $ 14.00
Laharum $ 14.00
Taylors Lake $ 19.50
N/Q $ 32.00
Natimuk $ 67.00
Pimpino $ 1001

Fair call?

Hi guys, just had a look at sports bet and seems to be a lot of country leagues getting involved, such as north central and ballarat. Is it possible we can have the wimmera, district and mallee put in the system? My betting fair would like this...

Edenhope Apsley $ 2.10
Kalkee $ 2.80
Swifts $ 5.50
Harrow Balmoral $ 11.50
Rupanyup $ 14.00
Laharum $ 14.00
Taylors Lake $ 19.50
N/Q $ 32.00
Natimuk $ 67.00
Pimpino $ 1001

Fair call?

Just a heads up that E/A beat Horsham United by over 25 goals on the weekend. Not sure whether that shows how goos the E/A or how bad united is!!! :)

Lachie Hamilton, Ricky whitehead and Ben Scott would have to be each on around 20k so there is 60k the maths quickly adds up..

would have to be on 20k each??? wow!!!

why do they "have" to be on 20k???

Ricky Whitehead has played a Swifts pretty much his whole life, Benny Scott the same (besides a couple of seasons at Warriors and Navarre) and

Lachie Hamilton has been intending to come over for a few years to play with his cousins (Scotty and Jase Carey) and he has a heap of mates there aswell... plus his brother Jake Hamilton is assistant coach there this year ....

has it ever occured to people that maybe they're playing there because thats where they actually want to play and not because of the 150k cheaque book that Swifts apparently posess...

oh and all the other recruits that Swifts have picked up this season are pretty much "all" past players returning to the club and not just a heap of blokes chasing the coin...

Have heard some outs for harrow/bal are cam penny(retired), james staude (moved for work), Matt ward (back to saints), will plush(moved for work), Anthony close (uni), jack Beaton (uni), callum Hobbs and Tom anson (won't return unless finals chance),Todd cook (not returning), hamish Ellis (overseas), And micheal close will have a full rebels schedule total of 10 players out from their grand final spot and haven't heard they have brought much in, coaches are max leering and Tim crick

it was more a comment regarding how bad united is and that its a joke that a previously middle of the rung HDFL side can embarass a wimmera league side to such levels. Just imagine what kalkee of 2009 & 2010 could have done.

I think some people are becoming a little worried about where their side will finish this year. Some sides that have dominated the league for the past few years are about to get a rude shock. It's good for the competition and I can't wait to see a finals race that will most likely involve up to 7 teams.

Your comments above are exactly correct and I couldn't agree more. Whilst EA are going to be a very good side this year, Kalkee back a couple of years ago would've shattered United by the sounds of it. The top 5 of the Wimmera League are still very, very strong; but the bottom of the table is looking very sad indeed. As keeps getting mentioned on these forums: With such a divide in the standard of the league, how much longer can the Wimmera League be classed as a Major League in the VCFL system?

Edenhope Apsley $ 2.10
Kalkee $ 2.80
Swifts $ 5.50
Harrow Balmoral $ 11.50 This could go out a bit by the sounds, maybe $15
Rupanyup $ 14.00 And Rup should be shorter - around $11
Laharum $ 14.00
Taylors Lake $ 19.50
N/Q $ 32.00
Natimuk $ 67.00
Pimpino $ 1001

Fair call?

Your odds are not far off the mark. Harrow Balmoral to go out to $15 and Rup to shorten to $11.

Have heard some outs for harrow/bal are cam penny(retired), james staude (moved for work), Matt ward (back to saints), will plush(moved for work), Anthony close (uni), jack Beaton (uni), callum Hobbs and Tom anson (won't return unless finals chance),Todd cook (not returning), hamish Ellis (overseas), And micheal close will have a full rebels schedule total of 10 players out from their grand final spot and haven't heard they have brought much in, coaches are max leering and Tim crick

Where is tim crick from? Is he any relation to the cricks from goroke?

and dont forget as long as they still have gareth egan, the vickery boys and if there few recuits are ok they will still be pushing for a spot in the 5. Never discount H/B!

Your odds are not far off the mark. Harrow Balmoral to go out to $15 and Rup to shorten to $11.

Taylors lake are over the odds. i know they have lost some but surely they around $15. and E/A and kalkee way to short.

E/A - unproven side. may have nice recruits but is that enough???
Kees - must be similar to last year.

I think E/A, kees and swifts all around the $4 is good value.

would have to be on 20k each??? wow!!!

why do they "have" to be on 20k???

Ricky Whitehead has played a Swifts pretty much his whole life, Benny Scott the same (besides a couple of seasons at Warriors and Navarre) and

Lachie Hamilton has been intending to come over for a few years to play with his cousins (Scotty and Jase Carey) and he has a heap of mates there aswell... plus his brother Jake Hamilton is assistant coach there this year ....

has it ever occured to people that maybe they're playing there because thats where they actually want to play and not because of the 150k cheaque book that Swifts apparently posess...

oh and all the other recruits that Swifts have picked up this season are pretty much "all" past players returning to the club and not just a heap of blokes chasing the coin...
Sorry Owen,but you would be a fool to suggest that Whitehead and Scott are not getting paid big money,as it is no secret they are or should I say were as Ben is leaving.Rathgaber is there because of the money the same with Hamilton as he would have made the move 3 year ago if it was just about family.Good luck to them but I think you will find Hamilton is not the champ Swifties are making him out to be,he is a good footballer coming from a weaker league.Marshall was a handy two's player last time he was at Swifts.Departures will hurt them,Scott,McDonald,Thomas,Notting,McKenzie and numerous reserves players will not help their depth and Dallinger confirming he is not signing is another loss.So weighing up their losses against their ins I believe they will finish lower then last year.Very poor turn out for their losing practice game against Beaufort I hear and not much better at training,straight from an unhappy seniors players mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done on get 3rd in your triathlon Shane Field made big in roads since your fat overweight year at the western in 07 and your year in the 2's at Stawell in 08

Sorry Owen,but you would be a fool to suggest that Whitehead and Scott are not getting paid big money,as it is no secret they are or should I say were as Ben is leaving.Rathgaber is there because of the money the same with Hamilton as he would have made the move 3 year ago if it was just about family.Good luck to them but I think you will find Hamilton is not the champ Swifties are making him out to be,he is a good footballer coming from a weaker league.Marshall was a handy two's player last time he was at Swifts.Departures will hurt them,Scott,McDonald,Thomas,Notting,McKenzie and numerous reserves players will not help their depth and Dallinger confirming he is not signing is another loss.So weighing up their losses against their ins I believe they will finish lower then last year.Very poor turn out for their losing practice game against Beaufort I hear and not much better at training,straight from an unhappy seniors players mouth.
Sounds like a bit of in house fighting going on at swifts just going by reading this, which i wouldn't think would be a healthy enviroment for the club. What i hear about swifts is if they learn to play together as a team this season they will be in the top 3, but if they remain to play as individuals they may only just make the finals. hopefully all goes well for them as they have picked up some more than handy recruits. In my opinon it will come down to how strong the bottom 6-8 senior players are and what inpact they can have. Also if i was redlegs 05 or newo i would be consentrating on getting a kick instead of trying to sledge on here as your both a part of that bottom 6-8 senior players. again only my opinon.

Magic and mothman are clearly jealous stawell warriors player by the sounds of it. If magic is really Shane field that's funny because he is spud. I'm pretty sure you will see Benny Scott wearing the Baggie jumper this year all three guns Scott, whitehead and Hamilton would be on the big bucks but who cares there worth it and are not the only ones in country football.

Well, the season is almost upon us, so I thought I'd have a crack at a ladder....

Edenhope-Apsley
Kalkee
Swifts
Laharum
Harrow-Balmoral

Rupanyup
Taylors Lake
Natimuk
Nordjuha-Quantong
Pimpinio

Just noticed a clearance lodged for Andrew "bobby" jackson back to kalkee , looks as tho kalkee have added more than enough to cover there losses from last year !

Interesting to see that Wimmera Mail Times ‘expert’ Darryl Mc Rae picked Rupanyup to collect the spoon this year.

Haha. Nothing like bringing a bit of the businessman attitude to the table! Just because Rup have a sponsorship deal with Tylers, not Agritech Rural, he goes and does that. What a joke! He's obviously got too many clients at Pimp to call it as most people in the league would call it....

Well, the season is almost upon us, so I thought I'd have a crack at a ladder....

Edenhope-Apsley
Kalkee
Swifts
Laharum
Harrow-Balmoral

Rupanyup
Taylors Lake
Natimuk
Nordjuha-Quantong
Pimpinio

Should we be re-gigging this a bit after round 1???

Edenhope-Apsley
Kalkee
Nordjuha-Quantong
Rupanyup
Swifts

Laharum
Harrow-Balmoral
Taylors Lake
Natimuk
Pimpinio

I think this sounds better!

Status