Lions getting no credit in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed it too, but anyway Winners are grinners and the losers can say WTF they like...

Gerard Healy gave us a wrap during "On the Couch":thumbsu:

Mike Sheehan thinks Pearce can become a better player than Tadgh Kennelly, followed by a huge wrap for Rocky!!

On the Couch delivers some credit!!:thumbsu:

Missed the first half, but good to see some of our kids get some credit. Majority of people still have it in their heads that we are a basket case of a club with no talent (we traded it all away for Fev remember). So when a team loses to us, it's not because we played well or because our young kids are starting to play good, it's because the team played so rubbish they lost to us.

Will take them 18 months to realise where our playing list is really at. TBH, i'm more happy with our playing list now than i was in 08. Despite all that has gone down in that time, our super drafting has us sitting pretty well.

It annoys me now end theres no credit being given to the way the boys played/smashed the Dees, but what id much rather see in a Subday/monday paper is an indepth report on the game rather than the hype, circumstances, niggles, individuals and post match pressers. You just dont see a quality match report anymore....

Footy Classified predictably opens with the notion that Melbourne was simply being uncompetitive. Not even a 'to their credit Brisbane did play well.' Thomas seems to think us scoring from Melbourne's turn overs was the pivotal point. How many scores from turnovers did we even have?

God I hope we bring it to Carlton so people down here realize we are building a quality team full of potential.

It annoys me now end theres no credit being given to the way the boys played/smashed the Dees, but what id much rather see in a Subday/monday paper is an indepth report on the game rather than the hype, circumstances, niggles, individuals and post match pressers. You just dont see a quality match report anymore....
Amen to that.

You could read a paper cover to cover and not have a clue what happened in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of a lack credit - no one has picked up on the fact that a number of players have developed under Voss - Rockliff, Hanley, Golby, Beams etc were picked up after the main draft but are developing into at least decent footballers. While we are all probably still a little concerned about Vossy' strategic ability and planning, he deserves some credit for the way he is developing players.

I have had some doubts about whetther or not he would be a complete coach but I was very confident that he would deliver on player development. Wonder what his prefromance criteria are on player development?

Anyway goodonya Vossy.:thumbsu:

also the herald sun headline today? "western bulldog overlooked for rising star" ... i thought beamsy did alright himself but hey?

also the herald sun headline today? "western bulldog overlooked for rising star" ... i thought beamsy did alright himself but hey?

All about how Clay Smith should have got it.

All about how Clay Smith should have got it.

You have to love the Herald Sun.

I reckon you could probably throw a blanket over Smith, Kennedy, Greene, Bugg, Motlop and Beams for the rising star.

I'm sure Beams got the nod at least partly because he was the only one out of that list to get a win.

But that's okay. HS is trying to make a story out of nothing here.

it's situation normal for the media, i get sick of it as well, but am used to it by now as it used to be like that with fitzroy.
the match preview of the game saturday morning in the h/s was all about melb & how they were going to do it for Jimmy no mention all as to who they were playing.
if brisbane win its all about how bad the opposition played (ala last saturday), if they lose it's all about how well the team played that beat them. just occasionally some footy commentator will take the time to give an honest analysis of brisbane & where they are at.

we can't get to carried away with last saturday though as melbourne were shocking, a fairer analysis as to where the team is will be able to be made after thursday night, if the boys can beat carlton (hyped up in he media pre-season to be top four), then we can start to get a little excited.

So frustrating watching and reading the media on how melbourne lost, while Carlton tanked the pre season and won against a side who played as bad as melbourne, the media cant priase the blues enough I hope we teach them a lesson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back