secretsaintsfan

Debutant
Dec 13, 2009
West Western Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool Football Club
You can't predict the ladder then change it after the results of round one you idiot

if you had the time to stop and look it wasnt my ladder prediction in the first place!!!!!! all i was doing was simply offering an alternative based on what we saw in round one. take a chill pill!!!

also anyone know why james staude and gareth egan were playin in the 2's when H/B had such a weak senior team against the kees????

rocket17

Debutant
May 18, 2007
horsham
AFL Club
Geelong
if you had the time to stop and look it wasnt my ladder prediction in the first place!!!!!! all i was doing was simply offering an alternative based on what we saw in round one. take a chill pill!!!

also anyone know why james staude and gareth egan were playin in the 2's when H/B had such a weak senior team against the kees????

Apparently Egan hadn't trained at all , and didn't want to kick anyone out who had put in the hard yards ! Not sure on staude tho , by the way he played he hadn't trained either , but saying that , even half fit I would have thought they were in the best 21

Piglet West

Rookie
Nov 2, 2011
Horsham
AFL Club
Geelong
Round 3 Tips

Edenhope-Apsley to beat Natimuk by 120pts
Harrow-Balmoral to beat Pimpinio by 70pts
Rupanyup to beat Laharum by 12pts
Kalkee to beat Noradjuha-Quantong by 28pts
Swifts to beat Taylors Lake by 36pts

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
It would be good to get some interest back into this thread. What are peoples thoughts on teams performances so far?

Edenhope Apsley going along nicley and living up the the preseason hype and some even say they have one of the best sides ever put together in the HDFL. I am yet to see them so I will reserve my judgement on that one. Should be a big match this week at Kalkee. Kalkee on the other hand have had one slip up with a draw against Laharum but should do better on their home ground. Laharum appear to be not far off the top two and are definately worthy contenders. Harrow Balmoral have had two big losses and still have to come up against EA, Rup and Laharum. Swifts had a slow start to the year but should continue to improve and expect them in the top five at the end. Rupanyup were very disappointing on Saturday and have now dropped out of the five and could struggle over the next few weeks against HB and TL. As expected Taylors Lake and NQ have fallen away a bit this this year. While it will be a long year again for Pimpinio and Natimuk with wins few and far between.

Tips for the coming round:
Kalkee V EA: Kalkee by 6 points
Swifts V Laharum: Laharum by 10 points
HB V Rup: Harrow Balmoral by 5 points
Natimuk V TL: Taylors Lake by 60 points
Pimpinio V NQ: NQ by 20 points

Redlegs05

Debutant
Apr 6, 2010
Stawell
AFL Club
Essendon
It would be good to get some interest back into this thread. What are peoples thoughts on teams performances so far?

Edenhope Apsley going along nicley and living up the the preseason hype and some even say they have one of the best sides ever put together in the HDFL. I am yet to see them so I will reserve my judgement on that one. Should be a big match this week at Kalkee. Kalkee on the other hand have had one slip up with a draw against Laharum but should do better on their home ground. Laharum appear to be not far off the top two and are definately worthy contenders. Harrow Balmoral have had two big losses and still have to come up against EA, Rup and Laharum. Swifts had a slow start to the year but should continue to improve and expect them in the top five at the end. Rupanyup were very disappointing on Saturday and have now dropped out of the five and could struggle over the next few weeks against HB and TL. As expected Taylors Lake and NQ have fallen away a bit this this year. While it will be a long year again for Pimpinio and Natimuk with wins few and far between.

Tips for the coming round:
Kalkee V EA: Kalkee by 6 points
Swifts V Laharum: Laharum by 10 points
HB V Rup: Harrow Balmoral by 5 points
Natimuk V TL: Taylors Lake by 60 points
Pimpinio V NQ: NQ by 20 points

Some say best side ever put into the HDFL? teams have gotten close to beating them.... When Kalkee were in there prime no1 looked like beating them... Anyway i reckon Kalkee will match up well against them seems you shut down there 2 key forwards and there in trouble... Have heard that if Crilly is outside 30 metres will miss the goal... Plus only takes a few injures to any side and they will struggle.. Imagine no Mibus or wade in Kalkee. No crilly or Dixson at edenhope all of a sudden they have no target up forward...

secretsaintsfan

Debutant
Dec 13, 2009
West Western Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool Football Club
What bout we get some real interest going and put up our thoughts on the interleague side (pending who has made themselves available)... here are my thoughts..

FB S Hobbs (Kees)M Tyler (Rup)Everett (Pimp)
HB
Oliver (EA)Mibus (Kees)Roberts (Lah)
C
McLeish (EA)Leeming (HB)Miller (Lah)
HF
Ward (HB)Argall (Lah)Carter (EA)
FF
Beddison (Kees)Crilly (EA)Hamilton (Swifts)
FOLL
Wade (Kees)Whitehead (Swifts)Dixon (EA)
INT
Wyatt (Rup)Sachse (Rup)Christian (Kees)A Milner (EA)

feel free to cut me down if im wrong.. anyone i have missed???

Footy blitz

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Sean mantell you serious? Red legs there are a lot of players like him in the league. Inter league is about the best players in the comp. Players that dominate this league and he isn't one of them. On the other hand Secretsaintsfans team looks good. Dangerous forward line.

Redlegs05

Debutant
Apr 6, 2010
Stawell
AFL Club
Essendon
Sean mantell you serious? Red legs there are a lot of players like him in the league. Inter league is about the best players in the comp. Players that dominate this league and he isn't one of them. On the other hand Secretsaintsfans team looks good. Dangerous forward line.

Do you think that allthe players saint named will play? Mantell would play on a wing? Can you tell me abit about this McLeish that was named on a wing? First time in the league been in the best a few times but does he 'Dominate' the league? Same with Carter on the HFF line who is he and he seems to be going alright but not dominating...

I do agree though Saints team looks good as i said, I was only suggesting a few other possible inclusions...

secretsaintsfan

Debutant
Dec 13, 2009
West Western Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool Football Club
Do you think that allthe players saint named will play? Mantell would play on a wing? Can you tell me abit about this McLeish that was named on a wing? First time in the league been in the best a few times but does he 'Dominate' the league? Same with Carter on the HFF line who is he and he seems to be going alright but not dominating...

I do agree though Saints team looks good as i said, I was only suggesting a few other possible inclusions...

McLeish a former NB Rebel and two time Bellarine Interleague rep while Tim Carter a hampden premiership player with Koriot! both guns!!!

If you check the best oppy and Mail Times Voting you will see Carter and McLeish are two of E/A best and with the Saints well on top of the ladder both would deserve their spot in the interleague team.

And it neither of their first time in the league. McLeish played E/A's very first season in the HDFL and was runner-up in their B&F at 17 yrs of age, while Carter won a flag with Harrow Bal back in 2002ish and played half a season in 2008 with E/A before he got injured.

newo

Debutant
Dec 11, 2008
Gannawarra
AFL Club
Carlton
Sean mantell you serious? Red legs there are a lot of players like him in the league. Inter league is about the best players in the comp. Players that dominate this league and he isn't one of them.

are you serious??? you obviously havent watched the kid play a whole lot, have you??? Sean Mantell does dominate, he would probly be the best wingman in the comp... i cannot think of any other player in the HDFL that has his pace, his hardness at the ball and his ability to take high, conested grabs... not to mention the fact that he's almost un-tacklable...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy blitz

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes, he is a good footballer I never said he wasn't. But he is not THAT good that you stawell boys are making him out to be. What I've heard he has been very quiet this year so far.

captain dela

Senior List
Oct 6, 2008
Murtoa
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gentleman, have heard that rocket hogan has walked out of quannys coaching job. Players have walked out and he did to! Can anyone confirm this??

newo

Debutant
Dec 11, 2008
Gannawarra
AFL Club
Carlton
Gentleman, have heard that rocket hogan has walked out of quannys coaching job. Players have walked out and he did to! Can anyone confirm this??
I'm not sure how true this is but I too heard a similar story on the w/e...
I wasn't aware that Rocket walked out tho....

Piglet West

Rookie
Nov 2, 2011
Horsham
AFL Club
Geelong

Well Rocket was at the club last night until 10pm drinking cans with the boys after taking training, so I think there's a fair bit of myth about this one.

stnias

Debutant
Jul 30, 2010
Grampians
AFL Club
GWS

I'm not sure about the outcome but NorajQuanny did have a crisis meeting that went for an hour at Tuesdays training after their demoralising loss to Pimpinio.

Footy blitz

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Interleague side is in Mail times paper today. The side looks ok this year but I believe it can be so much better if more quality players committed. They are not doing there league any favors especially if they lose again. My opinion this league should be ranked a lot higher.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
Interleague side is in Mail times paper today. The side looks ok this year but I believe it can be so much better if more quality players committed. They are not doing there league any favors especially if they lose again. My opinion this league should be ranked a lot higher.

But... Its the same for most leagues not in the top few, If each league put its 100% best side in, youd see improvement across the board

secretsaintsfan

Debutant
Dec 13, 2009
West Western Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool Football Club

i dont get the mail times in hard copy so any chance you can put the side up!

Although i did read online that 4 natimuk players are in.. that cant go well if the one of the major supplier of players is on the bottom of the ladder and yet to win a game! Could be another loss!!!!!

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne

secretsaintsfan

Debutant
Dec 13, 2009
West Western Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool Football Club

Whats the latest on the nati boys getting injured last weekend??? That rules them out of winning a game this year if lovel and Mcdonald arent out there!

Easy round in the tipping this week...

E/A by 12 goals over Swifts.
Kalkee by 150 over Pimp.
Laharum by 50 over H/B.
Nor-quan by 100 over Nati.
Rup by 75 over TL.

I dont think there will be any game under a 50 pnt margin unless the rain hits! Thoughts?

Also any word on any late recruits/returners to clubs prior to the 30 June clearance cutoff??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back