AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bets for the round are on, best of luck to everyone!

Carl - 19.5 (1.05U @ 1.91)
Carl - 14.5 (0.4U @ 1.74)
Freo + 6.5 (1.05U @ 1.91)
WC - 46.5 (2.1U @ 1.91)
Coll - 35.5 (1.05U @ 1.91)
Coll - 39.5 (0.8U @ 2.00)
Adel - 30.5 (1.05U @ 1.91)
NM - 79.5 (1.05U @ 2.10)
Haw - 12.5 (1.05U @ 1.91)

Freo +30.5
NM - 39.5
Coll - 14.5
WC - 29.5
Carl - 5.5 (4thQ) 0.2U @ 4.92

Coll - 17.5
Adel - 11.5
WC - 29.5
Freo + 30.5 2.1U @ 3.32

Carl - 19.5
WC - 47.5
Coll - 35.5
NM - 77.5 0.2U @ 13.03

Carl - 15.5
Adel - 15.5
Coll - 15.5
WC TS > 121.5 0.2U @ 6.40

Thats a strange Carlton 4th Quarter bet, what if they lead by 9 goals at 3 quarter time and can afford to take the foot off?

The rest I like though

Thats a strange Carlton 4th Quarter bet, what if they lead by 9 goals at 3 quarter time and can afford to take the foot off?

The rest I like though

Carlton have been finishing games strongly (even with a lead) and my thinking was that there are two favourable results. One is that it is close game and Carlton will kick away in the last and the other is that Carlton will be up comfortably and still good enough to drive home a dejected Brisbane. Both of these bets put fair emphasis on Brisbane's 5 day turnaround but also the class difference and Carlton wanting to be recognised as top 4 material. (which I believe is likely to come down to percentage this year, and I don't think that will be lost on the coaching staff, probably only makes 1% difference to the bet though)

Ok 5 bets for the weekend.

Main bet
Carl -20.5, Coll O/15.5, (WCE, Adel & StK Lead @ HT&FT)
$50 @ 4.62 TAB

Carl, WCE O/39.5, Adel O/15.5, Coll O/15.5, StK lead @ HT&FT
$25 @ 4.27 TAB

Carl O/15.5, Ess O/15.5, WCE 60+, Adel O/39.5, Coll O/15.5, Haw -10.5
$5 @ 31.61 TAB

Carl O/15.5,
WCE score 121pts+, Adel O/15.5, Coll O/15.5, StK lead @ HT&FT
$20 @ 6.27 TAB

Lines: Carl -20.5, Port +25.5, Syd -7.5, WCE -48.5, Adel -30.5, Coll -35.5, GWS +80.5, Haw -10.5
$5 @ 209.06 TAB

Pretty confident with the first 2, bit of fun for the weekend. Will be adding a few more with WCE120pts+/MELB60pts- later. Good luck

PS $20 CALLENGE
$37 @ 1.55 Hawks

Cheers KP :thumbsu: I hadn't placed it yet.

My bets for this round are (without reasons as I have posted many of them this week that people can read through if they wish to):

Carlton -20.5
StKilda h2h
Collingwood h2h
Adelaide h2h
Essendon h2h
Hawthorn h2h
Fremantle h2h
West Coast -47.5
North -77.5

4 leg multi = $126 for a $712 payout
+
5 leg multi = $126 for a $1075 payout

Carlton -19.5 @1.92 (1U)

Fremantle h2h @2.23 (1U)

West Coast -47.5 @1.92 (1U)

Multi-
Carlton -20.5
Essendon win
Fremantle +24.5
West Coast -47.5
North win

$50 free bet @6.72

My exotic bets (as I said last week, all exotic bets are significantly less that my main bets)-

Betts MGS @3.80
Murphy > Rockliff DT @1.78
(explained my reasons a couple of posts back regarding Rockliff)
Adcock under 91.5 DT @1.87 ( usually goes to Betts or Garlett and doesn't score well)
Petrie MGS for round 2 @8

Goodluck to all this weekend!

GWS lowest scoring team 2.40 (1U)
Drew Petrie MGS $8 (1U)
Freo to win at 2.25 (1U)
WCE -46.5 (2.5U)

A couple of DT bets only 0.5U
Gibbs over Judd 1.80
Redden over Black 1.80

GL to all over the weekend.

Petrie Most Goals for the round @ $8

North Melbourne Highest Scoring Team @ $3

Multi
Carlton -18.5
Fremantle +24.5
West Coast 25+
Collingwood 25+
Geelong +24.5
@ $7.95

Tonights Game
Murphy (Most Disposals) @ $3.25
Betts (Most Goals) $5.00
All with Sportingbet

I would be plusing in Buldogs if they get to $5 which they are very close and also GC paying $12 against Stkilda a side hardly with ability to kick a high score, i would plus them in if the price is right.

I cant see the saints winning by more than 65. Not sure what that will be paying thoug? probably better than 1.05 for saints to win.

Good week last week!

Carlton V Brisbane
Tonight games just hitting total match score over 191.5+
They both missed easy goals and looked free scoring last week

So far this year we have seen much higher scores :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both free flowing teams but you'd be relying on Carlton kicking a big score. Carlton wont let Brisbanes mids score like they did last week. Who's going to score the goals down forward for Brisbane?

also 30% of rain tonight, unlikely to get much if any but still as soon as i saw that i wouldnt bet on such things.

You have to remember Carton kept Richmond to 81 and Brisbane kept melbourne to 78. So the other side of that coin is they could be considered 2 defensively good teams as well. Dont just look at one side of the 50 cent coin and see heads.

Now i dont rate Brisbane defensively but i do rate carlton defensively as a team, not just a back 6. They match the brisbane forward line without Brown to a tee as well. You may be relying on Carlton kicking most of that 191.

Although i do agree naturally games seem higher in scoring than last year. Not sure what the market was last year, was it 191.5 or lower?

3u freo win @ 2.25
won the same game last year, a better team this year, sydney nothing special, looked poor against GWS, teams last year struggled after early byes

2u carlton-20.5 @ 1.94
carlton should be too good for brisbane, 7 day break vs 5 day, skill difference, brisbane overrated due to win against a terrible melbourne

Not sure if its been mentioned but just seen this on the AFL website

BOOKMAKERS are now banned from offering odds greater than 40-1 for the first goalkicker in a match under a new AFL directive.

The AFL announced on Friday it had advised its wagering partners of the change, which had been introduced after a review of integrity issues relating to this bet type.

The AFL said bookmakers could now choose how many players they wished to offer in their first-goal markets for each match.

However, the League said these changes to first-goal betting would not apply to finals.

also 30% of rain tonight, unlikely to get much if any but still as soon as i saw that i wouldnt bet on such things.

You have to remember Carton kept Richmond to 81 and Brisbane kept melbourne to 78. So the other side of that coin is they could be considered 2 defensively good teams as well. Dont just look at one side of the 50 cent coin and see heads.

Now i dont rate Brisbane defensively but i do rate carlton defensively as a team, not just a back 6. They match the brisbane forward line without Brown to a tee as well. You may be relying on Carlton kicking most of that 191.

Although i do agree naturally games seem higher in scoring than last year. Not sure what the market was last year, was it 191.5 or lower?

Whilst I agree with the above I think they are both very attacking teams both scored 119+ last week think they will still be free flowing.... Both teams missed absolute sitters in both games so I am expecting a high scoring game! We will have to wait and see I guess

GWS lowest scoring team 2.40 (1U)
Drew Petrie MGS $8 (1U)
Freo to win at 2.25 (1U)
WCE -46.5 (2.5U)

A couple of DT bets only 0.5U
Gibbs over Judd 1.80
Redden over Black 1.80

GL to all over the weekend.

Really like your bets here, and structure of bets. I think the bolded bet is amazing value. Seriously, it would have to only be Melbourne and GC that were a serious chance to score lower, and they will both play in better conditions.

(not the DT bets so much though, they are a bit hit and miss for mine)

Cheers KP :thumbsu: I hadn't placed it yet.

My bets for this round are (without reasons as I have posted many of them this week that people can read through if they wish to):

My 4 and 5 leg boxed multis I posted earlier on in the thread. Will quote and update this post when I jump on my laptop.

Carlton -19.5 @1.92 (1U)

Fremantle h2h @2.23 (1U)

West Coast -47.5 @1.92 (1U)

Multi-
Carlton -20.5
Essendon win
Fremantle +24.5
West Coast -47.5
North win

$50 free bet @6.72

My exotic bets (as I said last week, all exotic bets are significantly less that my main bets)-

Betts MGS @3.80
Murphy > Rockliff DT @1.78 (explained my reasons a couple of posts back regarding Rockliff)
Adcock under 91.5 DT @1.87 ( usually goes to Betts or Garlett and doesn't score well)
Petrie MGS for round 2 @8

Goodluck to all this weekend!

I hate the Essendon game this week, really couldn't come up with a conclusive result on it.

North win in your multi just for value? :D

Whilst I agree with the above I think they are both very attacking teams both scored 119+ last week think they will still be free flowing.... Both teams missed absolute sitters in both games so I am expecting a high scoring game! We will have to wait and see I guess

Agreed also, I think we are still 1 or 2 weeks away from more defensive tactics being used and teams getting their defensive setup correct. Overs should be profitable for this week. Good luck!

So it looks like to sum up Rd. 2 bets in here so far, if Carlton and West Coast cover and Freo win, then the majority of people in this thread will be doing nicely! All the best to everyone for the long Easter weekend and good punting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back