2012 MLB Predicted Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my thoughts on 2012, please add yours as well so we can compare at years end and see how right or wrong we were.

Here we go:

33u4dc2.jpg

For those who can't be bothered reading the small print (or right mouse click and hit view image):

ALE Tampa Bay
ALC Detroit
ALW LA Angels

WC1 Texas
WC2 New York Yankees

NLE Phillie
NLC St. Louis
NLW San Francisco

WC1 Cincinnati
WC2 Miami

World Series Tampa Bay Vs St. Louis
Champion Tampa Bay

As a Giants fan I agree with where you have us, if we can just get a little more offense going this year, and our top rotational pitchers can stay fit, we should win the division, or at least go close enough to secure a Wild Card.

I'm hoping for a Detroit vs SF world series, but as always I reckon there are about 8-10 teams in each league that could make the playoffs, but only really about 4-5 that contest once they get there.

Anyway, season kicks off on Thursday morning our time with the Cards visiting the much hyped Marlons, then it's the Giants opening game on Friday (US time) at Arizona.:)

Ale - nyy
alc - det
alw - tex
wc - laa
wc - tb

nle - atl
nlc - cin
nlw - sd
wc - stl
wc - phi

Padres, surprising that one. I expect them to finish last although NLW is a tough one.

Pretty much agree with lionbear with div winners. Maybe Reds ahead of Cards.

I reckon Rangers or Angels will win WS.

Apr 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SJ Sharks, Jays
ALE Tampa Bay
ALC Detroit
ALW Texas

WC1 Blue Jays
WC2 Angels

NLE Marlins
NLC Cards
NLW San Francisco

WC1 Phillies
WC2 Rockies

AL MVP - Bautista - Adrian Gonzalex smoky
NL MVP - Kemp - CarGo smoky

AL CY YOUNG - Weaver - Romero smoky
NL CY YOUNG - Lincecum/Greinke

Sorry for the bold, cant turn it off!

Davey36

Debutant
Apr 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC, Phillies
AL-E - Tampa Bay
AL-C - Detroit
AL-W - Texas

WC-1 - New York
WC-2 - LA Angels

NL-E - Phillies
NL-C - St. Louis
NL-W - San Francisco

WC-1 - Miami
WC-2 - LA Dodgers

AL MVP - Fielder (Pujols)
NL MVP - Kemp (CarGo)

AL CY YOUNG - Verlander (Moore)
NL CY YOUNG - Lincecum (Hamels)

WORLD SERIES - Detroit v. Philadelphia

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
Here is my thoughts on 2012, please add yours as well so we can compare at years end and see how right or wrong we were.

Here we go:

33u4dc2.jpg

You've got to be kidding me Prince Fielder doesn't improve the Tigers and their division is very ordinary, they should win by the division by more than a dozen games. Really overrating the Royals and Padres.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Padres have lost their best 3 players over the last 2 off-seasons in Gonzalez, Bell and Latos. They have no offense, none and their pitchers have better numbers than they should because they pitch half their games at Petco, they've been awful for years and their management situation is diabolical.

You've got to be kidding me Prince Fielder doesn't improve the Tigers and their division is very ordinary, they should win by the division by more than a dozen games. Really overrating the Royals and Padres.

Well he has the Tigers with 93 wins, highest of any team and 15 games ahead of nearest div rival. Losing V-Mart for the season does somewhat offset gaining Fielder (ave, OBP, RBIs at least).

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
American League

East
1. New York
2. Tampa Bay
3. Boston
4. Toronto
5. Baltimore

Central
1. Detroit
2. Chicago
3. Kansas City
4. Cleveland
5. Minnesota

West
1. Los Angeles
2. Texas
3. Seattle
4. Oakland

Wild cards: Tampa Bay, Texas

National League
East
1. Philadelphia
2. Washington
3. Miami
4. Atlanta
5. New York

Central
1. Cincinnati
2. St Louis
3. Milwaukee
4. Chicago
5. Pittsburgh
6. Houston

West
1. Los Angeles
2. Arizona
3. San Francisco
4. Colorado
5. San Diego

Wild cards: Arizona, Washington

World Series: LA Angels over LA Dodgers

Well he has the Tigers with 93 wins, highest of any team and 15 games ahead of nearest div rival. Losing V-Mart for the season does somewhat offset gaining Fielder (ave, OBP, RBIs at least).

Thanks for pointing out my reasoning of the Tigers:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think the other worry for Detroit is Cabrera is not a top third base, he has already been injured trying to field there, which I think means Detroit will long term need to rotate Fielder and Cabrera 1st and DH.

They could make the world series, but with Fielder and Cabrera in an National League park, they can't share the roll. The side is not currently built in my opinion to win a World Series which is why I don't have them in the top notch.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

It's not all about wins and losses, in the playoffs opposing teams will fear the Tigers a lot more, which should help Miggy. The move was all about the playoffs, not the seasonal record as that will take care of itself. Fielder is twice the hitter V-Mart is.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Thanks for pointing out my reasoning of the Tigers:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think the other worry for Detroit is Cabrera is not a top third base, he has already been injured trying to field there, which I think means Detroit will long term need to rotate Fielder and Cabrera 1st and DH.

They could make the world series, but with Fielder and Cabrera in an National League park, they can't share the roll. The side is not currently built in my opinion to win a World Series which is why I don't have them in the top notch.

Miggy was a 3B at the Marlins, the Tigers are built more to win the World Series than the Cardinals and Giants have been in the last 2 seasons. Freese was insane and the Giants can't hit, need a lot of luck.

Miggy was a 3B at the Marlins, the Tigers are built more to win the World Series than the Cardinals and Giants have been in the last 2 seasons. Freese was insane and the Giants can't hit, need a lot of luck.

Miggy was a lot younger then, he's a lot older and is heavier now, he is no longer built for 3rd.

Giants pitching staff means they are always built to win, 2 runs could be enough for them. Cardinals are the ultimate example of what momentum can do, which Detroit could do in October, but if you want me to do end of year predictions based on who can win with momentum, then I could have to pick 18 teams to win the World Series.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miggy was a lot younger then, he's a lot older and is heavier now, he is no longer built for 3rd.

Giants pitching staff means they are always built to win, 2 runs could be enough for them. Cardinals are the ultimate example of what momentum can do, which Detroit could do in October, but if you want me to do end of year predictions based on who can win with momentum, then I could have to pick 18 teams to win the World Series.

Pablo Sandoval's not built for 3B.

Funny that you have the Cardinals 3rd then when they're so much weaker this season. The Tigers have the pieces. A great mananger, 2 elite hitters, the best starter in the game and an elite closer.

You don't agree with me that's fine, there are 30 teams in the MLB and if you listen to the experts they all have different opinions.

I have heard some experts agree with me on the Tigers, I have heard some agree with you. I have explained my reasoning for where I have ranked them, don't take it so personally.

If the Tigers win the World Series I won't say I am wrong this is my opinion watching them over spring, if they don't win, I won't expect you to say you are wrong.

Like an earlier poster said up to 10 teams can win this. A game of baseball is one of the most random events you could watch, that's why they play 162 games. If it wasn't, the NL would not have won the last two years, and the Yankees and the Red Sox would have played of for the AL title.

Enjoy the season and look forward to my review in October when I see how wrong I was.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
For mine the Tigers just have key areas covered more than anyone else. Miggy and Fielder are both top 10 hitters in baseball probably top 5, Verlander was the best starter last season and if Max Scherzer lives up to his potential they can easilly win it all.

Thought I might give this a bump:

Got 5 out of 10 playoff teams right.

Bad estimates was Oakland(Which I think we all have) and Washington.
Best Estimates was San Francisco and Detroit(Although Detroit should have made it by a lot more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back