2012 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verlander is just a machine. Lester the victim of some pretty poor umpiring in the 7th. Avila should've struck out, but he goes on to drive in Peralta. But none the less, our pen isn't good enough at the moment. I wonder how long it will be until Bard makes his way back to the pen? I think we win todays game if Papelbon pitches the 9th...

How good was Verlander? Pitches 8 faultless innings with just 2 hits, Valverde blows the save and gets the win. Good game by Lester as well.
So annoyed that Verlander didn't get the win, and not only because he's my start Fantasy pitcher.:cool:

I just hate it when a closer gets lazy and blows all the bad work for a top pitcher, I think as the season gets deeper Verlander would have tried to close that game out himself.

Detroit are one of my favourites to go all the way this year, and having the best pitcher in the game at the moment sure helps their cause.:)

So annoyed that Verlander didn't get the win, and not only because he's my start Fantasy pitcher.:cool:

I just hate it when a closer gets lazy and blows all the bad work for a top pitcher, I think as the season gets deeper Verlander would have tried to close that game out himself.

Detroit are one of my favourites to go all the way this year, and having the best pitcher in the game at the moment sure helps their cause.:)

Yeah, well closers are different beasts. Didn't used to eb the case- guys like verlander used to finish what they started. I've been digging back into baseball in the mid 70s (working on a book on the 1976 season) and have been digging up bits on Mark "The Bird" Fidrych- the Jeremy Lin of 1976. He started 29 games and completed 24 of them. Of course, that was standard in those days, unless you pitched for the Reds and Sparky "Captain Hook" Anderson.

Article on top salaries today. 13 guys making over $20m per year this year. Makes me wonder when the first team hit the $20m mark for total payroll.

1. Alex Rodriguez, NYY ----- $30,000,000

2. Vernon Wells, LAA ----- $24,642,857

3. CC Sabathia, NYY ----- $24,285,714

4. Johan Santana, NYM ----- $23,145,011

5. Mark Teixeira, NYY ----- $23,125,000

6. Prince Fielder, Det ----- $23,000,000
(tie) Joe Mauer, Min ----- $ 23,000,000

8. Adrian Gonzalez, Bos ----- $21,857,143

9. Cliff Lee, Phi ----- $21,500,000

10. Miguel Cabrera, Det ----- $ 21,000,000

11. Carl Crawford, Bos ----- $20,357,143

12. Justin Verlander, Det ----- $20,100,000

13. Roy Halladay, Phi ----- $20,000,000
(tie) Ryan Howard, Phi ----- $20,000,000

Rivera opens the season with a BS and a L for the Yanks.

Beautiful haha

That was so fun to watch, I thought the Rays were gone trailing 6-5 going into the bottom of the ninth, but Rivera blew it big time, the bases were loaded with no outs, and an eventual one out hit to the wall bought home the winning run.

Yankees 0-1, on the right side of the ledger already.:thumbsu:

Edit: and a poor start from Lincecum, giving up 3 runs and 2 HR's in the first innings.

Good way to steal an idea...

rays_tank.jpg

Miami - Always the number 2 Florida team.

Last time I looked it was the Marlins who had two Commissioner's Trophies on display at their ballpark, not the Rays.

Last time I looked it was the Marlins who had two Commissioner's Trophies on display at their ballpark, not the Rays.

One was won before the Rays existed so it doesn't count, additionally we have to deal with the Yankees and Red Sox 36 times combined a season....slightly tougher way we have to go about it.

Wasn't able to watch the Rays opener today as it happened, watched the first two innings this morning, then found out the result, and just watched the last innings then to see how it happened.

69257753.jpg

Welcome home Carlos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3/4 from the Mariners to start the year - no bad, need to snag wins against the A's as much as we can

Red Sox batting Nick Punto lead off today..Valentine shaking things up.

Cespedes looking good for the A's so far- could eb a great investment by Billy Beane

The Giants loss was a shocker, to lose like that to our biggest divisional rival and go 0-3 to start the season, wow, just wow.:eek::(:mad:

But how about the Red Sox vs Tigers game, that was even crazier, 3 times it seemed as if Boston had the win, only to blow it big time, and they go 0-3, as do the Yankees.

Crazy stuff.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back