Black Diamond AFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
City, Cariff & Terrigal would be nowhere near Syd Prem Division and would play Div 1 football however the regions u23s rep team could play Prem Div.
KV, WB would be in the Sydney Div 2 competition. Lets not kid ourselves exactly where Newcastle footy is at. The main problem in the BDAFL is the lack of high intensity, physical footy however with more exposure alot of players within the region could play at the Prem Div level.
Hopefully divisionalisation will adress some of these flawes.

ur missing the point from earlier post whisper ... city and cardiff (or ta and kv) supplemented with some good players on permit or transfer from other clubs and playing in syd premiers would compete

add fitness, game plan, structure, coaching

maybe two into premiers and two into div 1 ... but def think they will compete

ur missing the point from earlier post whisper ... city and cardiff (or ta and kv) supplemented with some good players on permit or transfer from other clubs and playing in syd premiers would compete

add fitness, game plan, structure, coaching

maybe two into premiers and two into div 1 ... but def think they will compete

After watching a bit of Sydney footy I believe that City would be fairly competitive in premier div but wouldnt be in the top half of the competition. The other top division clubs would definitely be very competitive if not win div 1 down there. I am not the worlds greatest wrap for Sydney footy but hopefully with the 2 sides now in the NEAFL it attracts a few players and increases the depth.

An issue you have raised is fitness, game plans, structure and coaching. This is something all local coaches would love to do but the lack of commitment to training by alot of players at BDAFL level makes it tough to implement alot of game plan stuff. Its all well and good working on set ups and structures but when only 12 of the squad show up at training it makes it hard to do on game day! If you coud get 18-22 of your best 30 at training 3 nights a week then I believe you would see a lot more structre and game specific work done during the week instead of just bloody lane work and 5 point handball drills which dont really achieve much apart from boring the players!!

Something the league should consider as part of the afilliation or find a sponsor to do is provide each club with a decent video camera to record training and games, as well as the software to edit the video to show players. This is something I think would lift the standard as players can see what they are doing right and wrong and how they can fix things. It is much easier to correct something by showing a player what has happened instead of telling them which allows it to sink in.

I seriously dont think Sydney is the answer unless these kids going down are going to a NEAFL club. If they want to progress to the elite level the NEAFL competition will allow them to get greater exposure as opposed to the Sydney premier division competition.

noodlesjnr... love the name!! lol Yes its great that footy is back,and we can see who will be heading in the right direction!!

City/Cardiff are locks for 1 and 2,Terr should be 3rd if they can cover the Gong loss,the next three could go either way,would love to see the Dockers make finals for 1st time!! some handy recruits(not sure who they have lost tho) KV and Warners bout the same(saw Warners on weekend and wasent convinced they will make finals) altho they could of been missing a few!

Howdy Big Brother

With all your news and information, it is great that you are the leader of this place, even though it is not a big race.

City and Cardiff are most peoples top sides but is Terrigal a chance to take one of them for a ride.

What is the feeling at Wyong with only just the division one team, or are they happy to end up being the top of the middle comp cream?

Til we meet again ... Amen :rolleyes:

reading this forum it sounds like you should be at league level. you have ideas. maybe you could do the website at least. it used to be good. now so slow.

maybe...one day I will give it a shot(league level), as for the website at least they had some news stories lately,although agree it seems very slow.

Some draw updates and finally Maitland have their website on the comps one
I will look into the league website(who runs it etc) but I actually have no idea when it comes to computers(technology in general) I can get on net/check email and thats about it lol altho my brother is very competent and my old man is a computer programmer!!

After watching a bit of Sydney footy I believe that City would be fairly competitive in premier div but wouldnt be in the top half of the competition. The other top division clubs would definitely be very competitive if not win div 1 down there. I am not the worlds greatest wrap for Sydney footy but hopefully with the 2 sides now in the NEAFL it attracts a few players and increases the depth.

An issue you have raised is fitness, game plans, structure and coaching. This is something all local coaches would love to do but the lack of commitment to training by alot of players at BDAFL level makes it tough to implement alot of game plan stuff. Its all well and good working on set ups and structures but when only 12 of the squad show up at training it makes it hard to do on game day! If you coud get 18-22 of your best 30 at training 3 nights a week then I believe you would see a lot more structre and game specific work done during the week instead of just bloody lane work and 5 point handball drills which dont really achieve much apart from boring the players!!

Something the league should consider as part of the afilliation or find a sponsor to do is provide each club with a decent video camera to record training and games, as well as the software to edit the video to show players. This is something I think would lift the standard as players can see what they are doing right and wrong and how they can fix things. It is much easier to correct something by showing a player what has happened instead of telling them which allows it to sink in.

I seriously dont think Sydney is the answer unless these kids going down are going to a NEAFL club. If they want to progress to the elite level the NEAFL competition will allow them to get greater exposure as opposed to the Sydney premier division competition.

Mate I think your onto something!! lol did you see the North/GWS game? Coach had his player in the box showing footage what to do/not to do while game is in progress!!

At our level,can see no problem re tape training, but as someone who has taped a few of our games we always seem to hit hurdles with underage players on other teams and getting permission etc never been denied but still got to be careful(dont need to get charged/sued!) its a crazy world and I wouldnt put it past some ppl!!!

Howdy Big Brother

With all your news and information, it is great that you are the leader of this place, even though it is not a big race.

City and Cardiff are most peoples top sides but is Terrigal a chance to take one of them for a ride.

What is the feeling at Wyong with only just the division one team, or are they happy to end up being the top of the middle comp cream?

Til we meet again ... Amen :rolleyes:

Hi little bro, I try to keep the news/info flowing as have interest in it(and the web is average at best) happy to be 'the leader' lol but just great to see our forum up there with some of the others and alot less of the 'crap' that used to be on (bickering,insults etc)

City seem to be as strong/if not stronger than last year,not sure the same re Terr so prob not knock them off,not sure bout Cardiff...maybe they can,just hope we have some good hard close contests this year(in all grades)

Wyong are where they prob should be(despite some good results ie beat Cardiff once,ditto KV and Terr,couldnt get City tho) consistently couldnt match up and most of their top grade wins were against other strugglers who may or may not still be in top grade/or our comp ie Gossy

No 18's team is a disapointment as it would be for most clubs,the top team are where they should be but again not good to see that by the time the league got divs in,it was too late for the 2nd side!!! too many ppl had come and gone by now that it was just not feasible this year!! altho I think with success now almost assured(not saying they will win,but competitve top team) you would hope the 2nd team will rejoin next year!!) If the body holds up and depending on familly/work commitments I may put the hand up to lead them again!!

Most clubs have access to a video camera or they can apply for one of the many grants on offer to all clubs - I know of at least 5 clubs within the region who have received grants in the last 2 yrs.

A great free video editing program is www.kinovea.org which is avaliable to anyone with a computer. This is an easy program to use and can be very beneficial to development of players.

The only problem I see is that most clubs couldn't be bothered doing it and are happy to whinge when things don't go their way. The tools are out there, but people have to be willing to help themselves first.

video cams would be great for clubs. maybe the league can help clubs with that editing program.

can the league do that? does the league help clubs?

Well, not long now and footy will almost be started.

My tips for this weekend:

Cardiff beat Warners by 5 goals
Terrigal beat KV by 7 goals
City beat Lake Mac by 12 goals

Also be interesting to see how the other divisions go and the Maitland venture comes together.

Good luck everyone.

Sad to see how bad Nelson bay are these days
When I played there in 2001/02 the club lacked numbers but were still strong and played finals

I have fond memories that's for sure

Well, not long now and footy will almost be started.

My tips for this weekend:

Cardiff beat Warners by 5 goals
Terrigal beat KV by 7 goals
City beat Lake Mac by 12 goals

Also be interesting to see how the other divisions go and the Maitland venture comes together.

Good luck everyone.

My tips terrigal by 9 goals
Cardiff by 8 goals
Newcastle by 6 goals

My tips terrigal by 9 goals
Cardiff by 8 goals
Newcastle by 6 goals

Terrigal by 10 points

Cardiff and City both by big margins.

Dont know how the Dockers will be but would imagine City would be fairly handy. Ill reserve judgement on the Dockers until a month in.

Warners battling at the moment and should be well beaten by Cardiff, while the Terrigal Killarney match will be interesting. Terrigal are getting older and this may be their last chance at a tilt, while Killarney have recruited well. Definitely should be match of the round this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth to the rumor a club is going around throwing cash and other promises at some of the competitions young guns? Hope they can keep their promises and not end up biting off more than they can chew.

Any truth to the rumor a club is going around throwing cash and other promises at some of the competitions young guns? Hope they can keep their promises and not end up biting off more than they can chew.

someone in maitland does have the money :)

I would have liked some more facts on this from my big brother first before posting, clubs should be able to attract new players to their club and if this is by financial incentives this is very common in the codes of football and this is by no means boasting.

Hopefully the players and clubs above said chat, does not end in a spat!

If the club can't keep their promises to new players and bite off more than they can chew it will be the club that ends up having a spew.

I would have liked some more facts on this from my big brother first before posting, clubs should be able to attract new players to their club and if this is by financial incentives this is very common in the codes of football and this is by no means boasting.

Hopefully the players and clubs above said chat, does not end in a spat!

If the club can't keep their promises to new players and bite off more than they can chew it will be the club that ends up having a spew.

I can guarantee Maitland aren't paying anyone - just local players, out of the game for a bit, playing for their local team. About 32 players fully on the books at this stage. I didn't even know clubs paid players around here. Good rumor though.

G’day trendsetters,

Had my ear to the ground for a while now, and the underground news has come thick and fast. Since this forum has been more holding hands and singing kum-bay-yah.
Lets see if these little rippers get a few blokes out of the woodwork:

• A certain Board members son transferred to the Sydney League after said board member was asked to leave the club. This is the third club he has been asked to leave. Let alone the fact his son is MASSIVELY over rated, the constant pumping of tyres has worn thin on 3 sets of club committees now

• More than one board member posts on this website under multiple pseudonyms. One of these blokes even has arguments with himself on here as to not arouse suspicion

• A certain board member has been slagging off a Newcastle based club to anyone who will listen. Word has got back to said club who aren’t happy

• More than one club have aired their displeasure at Maitland’s recruiting practices after it is alleged that a certain board member accessed the Sporting Pulse database to draw up a list of former AND current players names, addresses and phone numbers living in the Maitland area.

• The umpires numbers are so low that some Premier Division matches will be covered by club umpires this year. It appears that some of the group are dissatisfied with the senior executive of the group and are voting with their feet.

• More than one club have aired their displeasure at Maitland’s recruiting practices after it is alleged that a certain board member accessed the Sporting Pulse database to draw up a list of former AND current players names, addresses and phone numbers living in the Maitland area.

Gees, another good rumor. Maitland's recruiting practices have consisted of putting an article in the local paper to say they were fielding a senior side. Every player has rung to play rather than the other way round. In fact, more than 50 players have passed through the books with a few moving on to other BDAFL sides (including Premier division) and others decided work and family commitments weren't going to allow them the time so there isn't much poaching or pressure to join going on. I do know there are a lot of Maitland-based people playing at other BDAFL sides. Not one has been approached by the club. The aim is to have a senior club within a drawing area of 65000 people, not to the detriment of other clubs in the BDAFL. I would think the Maitland experience in the juniors would reflect this as would the acceptance of a Div. 2 placement to kick the senior club off. Rumors like this don't help build the game.

I can guarantee Maitland aren't paying anyone - just local players, out of the game for a bit, playing for their local team. About 32 players fully on the books at this stage. I didn't even know clubs paid players around here. Good rumor though.

Excellent news out of Maitland. Good luck for the season. Fantastic with 32 players on the books, and we all hope it is as good as it looks.

It was not me that spoke of your team, my guess would be a premier side dream.

Look to Befooty to maybe take up your beef, but don't let him give you too much grief.

Excellent news out of Maitland. Good luck for the season. Fantastic with 32 players on the books, and we all hope it is as good as it looks.

It was not me that spoke of your team, my guess would be a premier side dream.

Look to Befooty to maybe take up your beef, but don't let him give you too much grief.

Thank you, NoodlesJnr. It would be nice to get the side up and running and doing well. Hopefully people will enjoy it when they come along.

G’day trendsetters,

Had my ear to the ground for a while now, and the underground news has come thick and fast. Since this forum has been more holding hands and singing kum-bay-yah.

• A certain Board members son transferred to the Sydney League after said board member was asked to leave the club. This is the third club he has been asked to leave. Let alone the fact his son is MASSIVELY over rated, the constant pumping of tyres has worn thin on 3 sets of club committees now

• More than one board member posts on this website under multiple pseudonyms. One of these blokes even has arguments with himself on here as to not arouse suspicion

• A certain board member has been slagging off a Newcastle based club to anyone who will listen. Word has got back to said club who aren’t happy

• The umpires numbers are so low that some Premier Division matches will be covered by club umpires this year. It appears that some of the group are dissatisfied with the senior executive of the group and are voting with their feet.

G'day fellow trendsetter, but are you a real go getter?

That is some good underground news and you my kind sir should be owed your dues.

G’day trendsetters,

This is exactly why board members should cease all club involvement once they are appointed to the board. Be it on a committee, coaching, videoing games, being a team manager or even running water. If you want to be on the board leave the club hat at the door.

The biggest issue in footy in the region is there are too many chiefs and no indians, nobody wants to listen and we have 2 junior leagues, the senior league, the GSJ, Auskick plus the AFL all having their say in the region and different motives for doing things that arent aligned. The sooner the region comes under the umbrella of the AFL with a board that works in the best interests of ALL competitions together the better things will be. The longer it waits the more chance there is of footy in the region dying off altogether. If people dont think theres a fair chance of that happening just look at the declining standard and numbers in 16s and 18s footy to bring you into reality.

Did anybody go to the season launch last night. Have heard a few interesting reports, mainly around the cost of the tickets for what was delivered, the incoherrentness of Nick Davis and that there wasnt any mention of the games this weekend at all. Anyone able to confirm or deny this?

Your comments are spot on,you cannot wear two hats and represent the League fairly and give an unbiased opinion.

As you rightly say there needs to be one strong independant Board to manage and administer all of the competitions in the area.

I am surprised to see some of the very strong clubs without juniors, I have always held the belief that the junior competitions are critical for the ultimate survival of the code in the area.

There was a time when the Newcastle Competition slipped back to three teams and it was one huge task to get it up and running again, thanks to the efforts of Bill Elliot as well as some other dedicated workers the game survived in Newcastle,these people were all indians not chiefs, the truth is you need juniors and you have to make clubs promote them.

Warners Bay were a classic example of this thanks to the efforts of John McKeowan who was a school teacher at the time and proceeded to recruit juniors which ended up forming the very basis of a very strong senior team that dominated the Newcastle League for some years.

Missed the season launch I ill be interested to hear how it all went though.

Must be a tough league the BDAFL. Maitland are copping a kicking before they have even a played a game. Sydney Swans must be terrified they will lose players to Maitland with their 'bottomless bucket of cash'. An 'IT hacker' who can get all the info on any player and 'team of talent scouts' scouring the Hunter and Newcastle for players.
It is also obvious the person who commented on the cost of the BDAFL season launch dinner forgot to mention that they were taken on a 45 minute harbour cruise before dinner and did not have to pay for any drinks all evening. They obviously only eat at Macca's and not a restaurant that actually has knives and forks and serve their meals on real plates. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back