Discussion 2012 Supercoach & Dreamteam

Thought there was an expectation that Cripps wouldn't be subbed this year, or am I wrong in assuming that. I was hoping for more bang for my buck. :(

Me too, he was slightly better for 3/4 than he was for 1/4 last year. Did you expect a money back guarantee. If he doesnt work out take the cash after three weeks and get Soemeone else.

browncow

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
A few questions on Geary's game on the weekend.

77pts, with 23 touches. What sort of role did he play? What is his job security looking like, and do you think he can keep up that level of form/DT scoring?

Thanks.

Dwight Schrute

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
What do you guys think about Nick Riewoldt, always takes a lot of marks per game and if he can start kicking goals he could get back to his best.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
If Milera keeps going like this, or better, I fully expect he'll keep his spot, as his kicking and speed are so good, as well as his ability to get out of traffic easily. We've been looking for someone like him for years (the reason we drafted Andrew Lovett- thanks for that!).

Stanley or Milera who will score better and who has better job security?
As for Stanley, he looks to be improving by the week and if that continues I expect he'll be in the team for most of the year. His ruckwork is also very good when he's able to get a run up, as he has a leap like Nic Nat and Paddy Ryder, which gives him a big advantage.

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
For those considering Milera/Stanley i posted this on TooSerious Here and its just as easy to post it here aswell.

For those considering Terry Milera you probably also need to strongly consider Rhys Stanley. Only 40K price difference (or there about). I have mentioned in another thread Milera would be better option but have since changed my mind after thinking about it bit more.

Break Even of -74 coming off 101 and 80. Has better job security then Milera and is used as 2nd ruck so gets hitout points aswell as playing forward and kicking 1 or 2 goals. Consistency is the issue but thats same as Milera. Everyone will be jumping on Milera so could be POD to gain you more points in meantime.

He wont be fighting for spot with Gram or Schneider when they get back in couple weeks aswell.

But after talking up Cripps id hesitate to trust me
icon_mrgreen.gif

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
For those considering Milera/Stanley i posted this on TooSerious Here and its just as easy to post it here aswell.

Thats an interesting thought. I didn't really think about. I was pretty set on milera if he had good job security as he is going to rise the most (at current rate) of the forwards i don't have. But the gap between them in this regard is in fact quite minimal. I might have to go with milera in the end due to cap restraints im running it pretty tight but its something to think about.

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think he'll stay in the team, I am more concerned what happens once Gram and Clarke :D come back into the team. I dont like making trades this early but if he is going to score 75+ and at 200k looks pretty decent.

misha12321

Rookie
Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
What do you guys think about Nick Riewoldt, always takes a lot of marks per game and if he can start kicking goals he could get back to his best.

bit of a silly question, really, are you asking if one of game's best CHF of the the last ten years is a good investment after he had a shocker of a season last year, and seems to be getting back into form?

although seriously, he has had knee issues for the past couple of seasons, and could be a bit of a gamble, but I'm happy to have him in my team. he scored over 100 in round 1 when i personally thought he played average, and dominated last week, although that was against gold coast, so i don't know how much you can read into that

Mister E

Team Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Persevere with Ledger in SC or cut my losses?

I was silly enough to have him on the field this week with Cripps, how that hurt.

I am going to persist with him because I think he can play 10-15 games this season averaging about 50-75 points

But I think I will trade Cripps, only because he is more expensive and less of a cash cow

I was silly enough to have him on the field this week with Cripps, how that hurt.

I am going to persist with him because I think he can play 10-15 games this season averaging about 50-75 points

But I think I will trade Cripps, only because he is more expensive and less of a cash cow

I went Cripps for Milera :eek:

Back