DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Clay Smith?

Obviously no ton yet but that's because he's getting the dreaded red vest.

Does he score well in terms of points per minute?

What times was he subbed off for both games?

I'm thinking he could take off as a cash cow if he starts getting the full game.

Thoughts on Clay Smith?

Obviously no ton yet but that's because he's getting the dreaded red vest.

Does he score well in terms of points per minute?

What times was he subbed off for both games?

I'm thinking he could take off as a cash cow if he starts getting the full game.

My question mark on clay smith isn't his ppm. But rather what has to happen to the side for him to not get the vest? I can't figure out who he can displace. So... I'm not interested.

I was just looking up Toby Greene's season stats on footywire.
Average possies 29
Average marks 4.5
Average tackles 4

I know it's only 2 games, but 27 & 31 possies in your first 2 games is as good a start to a career as it gets. Plus his birthday is the same as mine, so he must be awesome! :p

I was just looking up Toby Greene's season stats on footywire.
Average possies 29
Average marks 4.5
Average tackles 4

I know it's only 2 games, but 27 & 31 possies in your first 2 games is as good a start to a career as it gets. Plus his birthday is the same as mine, so he must be awesome! :p

Well done.

[youtube]hf5FRPfGiC8[/youtube]

:p

Sorry mate. :eek:

You'd be spewing if you didn't leave at least 30-40k in the bank to do a rookie sideways trade for him. Especially if you don't have a Coniglio to do a straight swap. I can see quite a few teams doing double trades to get him in.

I'm burning (another) trade early to get him. Hampton>Greene. Seems a bit of a waste trading out Hampton this early as he scored pretty well in Rd 1 and should still get a decent price rise even after his 32 this week, but I just can't see him racking up those sort of premium midfielder numbers.

Will be tough picking who plays F7 for the next 10 weeks or so, especially if Couch comes in and goes bang which I fully expect him to do.

Will have to choose one of Kennedy, Couch, Greene, D Smith for F7 next week.

I just wish that Kennedy was a B/M instead of a M/F. I'm not sold on any of the B rookies that I don't have already and the ones that I do have aren't setting the world on fire, apart from Bugg last week.

Lets all rave about Greene lol

Just put on a random part of the U18 championship which I've saved because I enjoyed it.

Longer taps the ball down straight into the hands of Devon Smith and Greene runs past him gets the footy off the deck and delivers inside 50m to a mark by Paine.

Skills, speed, passion. It was all clearly visible.

I have no midfielders doing poorly to trade to Greene.

James McDonald could be the only option but he only has one more game out and than hes back.

My only option for Greene is to trade Shiel (no way am i trading Magner/Smith), but i can't see much upside to that.

Much rather do Hall/Dickson to Milera, that trade however, i see upside too.

My only option for Greene is to trade Shiel (no way am i trading Magner/Smith), but i can't see much upside to that.

This illustartes the advantage of having an M/F (dual position) player in the mids.

I will be considering either Dickson or Hall ------> Greene.

I can trade out either Dickson or Hall and then move Devon Smith to the forward line and then bring in Greene all with 1 trade.

This illustartes the advantage of having an M/F (dual position) player in the mids.

I can trade out either Dickson or Hall and then move Devon Smith to the forward line and then bring in Greene all with 1 trade.

^ THIS! :thumbsu:

Some delusional idiot here tried to explain to me (repeatedly) that you do not need a M/F DP link in your mids until the byes. Thankfully I didn't listen to said idiot. A forward DP link in your mids is just as important this year as any other, especially if you have 7-8 M/F's in your forward line.

I have D.Smith in the forward line :(

Dickson and Hall are forwards only. Greene is a mid only.

You can't trade out Dickson or Hall for Greene.

You can trade out someone in your mids for Greene and bench Dickson or Hall for Smith if you switch him into the forwards, or you can trade out Hall or Dickson for someone other than Greene.

You can trade out someone in your mids for Greene and bench Dickson or Hall for Smith if you switch him into the forwards, or you can trade out Hall or Dickson for someone other than Greene.

You could if you had a M/F in your midfield.

Click trade on Dickson, Swap Smith for e.g. into the missing Forward spot and trade in Greene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well actually they can do that trade IF they have a M/F they can swap with Hall/Dickson while doing the trade. (They changed the D/P trade rules this year so that they make more sense and are more useful).

Still make's James' comment pretty condenscending considering he is REMOVING his M/F link and calling having it "an advantage".

I'm strongly considering Wingard -> Greene.

I like Wingard as a player but doesn't seem to have great scoring power.

^ THIS! :thumbsu:

Some delusional idiot here tried to explain to me (repeatedly) that you do not need a M/F DP link in your mids until the byes. Thankfully I didn't listen to said idiot. A forward DP link in your mids is just as important this year as any other, especially if you have 7-8 M/F's in your forward line.

Is that why you're getting rid of it with that trade?

Well actually they can do that trade IF they have a M/F they can swap with Hall/Dickson while doing the trade. (They changed the D/P trade rules this year so that they make more sense and are more useful).

Still make's James' comment pretty condenscending considering he is REMOVING his M/F link and calling having it "an advantage".

Not condescending at all as i'm only temporarily removing my DP link in the mids. Will bring it back in 3-5 weeks time after Zorko has played 2 games. Most likely a downgrade for Shiel. I really do like my M/F DP links and won't go more than a few weeks without one. :)

Basically by having a DPP in your midfield you were relying on yourself to make a bad rookie pick in the forward line which means you shouldn't have picked player X in the first place, or you were clearly doubting your football knowledge. It also means your were betting yourself to miss a gun midfield rookie such as Greene.

Its hardly confidence in your own self and as Benno has said above, you lose it after one trade.

Basically by having a DPP in your midfield you were relying on yourself to make a bad rookie pick in the forward line which means you shouldn't have picked player X in the first place, or you were clearly doubting your football knowledge. It also means your were betting yourself to miss a gun midfield rookie such as Greene.

Its hardly confidence in your own self and as Benno has said above, you lose it after one trade.

Yes, I'm sure you got all the best mid & forward rookies in your initial team. :rolleyes:

My initial forward rookie picks were Kennedy, Hampton & Couch. My initial rookie mids Magner, McDonald, Shiel & Devon Smith.

Of course I would make a mistake or 2 with my initial rookie selections, almost everyone misses a potential gun & picks a dud or 2. But I try and focus on the ones I got right and get the one or 2 that I missed before the first price rise as do most people. Unfortunately we can't have ALL the best rookies in our teams if we want to put up a competitive score.

I've mentioned on here before that I have 7 M/F's in my forward line. It makes sense to me to have at least 1 linked to the mids. Especially since I have 6 premiums in the forwards. I can replace an injured or suspended premium mid with a premium forward and not lose much score wise.

FWIW I thought Devon looked to be a better DT midfield option than Greene on pre-season form. Will be happy to keep Devon on my fwd bench though. Hampton probably wasn't the best selection, but hey at least I didn't pick Hall or Dickson and can trade him to a gun rookie mid.

Yes, I'm sure you got all the best mid & forward rookies in your initial team. :rolleyes:

My initial forward rookie picks were Kennedy, Hampton & Couch. My initial rookie mids Magner, McDonald, Shiel & Devon Smith.

Of course I would make a mistake or 2 with my initial rookie selections, almost everyone misses a potential gun & picks a dud or 2. But I try and focus on the ones I got right and get the one or 2 that I missed before the first price rise as do most people. Unfortunately we can't have ALL the best rookies in our teams if we want to put up a competitive score.

I've mentioned on here before that I have 7 M/F's in my forward line. It makes sense to me to have at least 1 linked to the mids.

FWIW I thought Devon looked to be a better DT midfield option than Greene on pre-season form.

Why the hell would you have Couch? He wasn't named in round 1. That is ridiculous. Yet you waste a midfield spot with Devon Smith...

Yeh would have thought

Kennedy, D.Smith, Hampton (forward)

and Magner, Greene, C.Smith and Shiel midfield was a much better option.

He also missed James MacDonald another better option in the midfield then having Couch or Hampton in the forwards.

By having that DPP C/F playing in the midfield it either means you pick 2 of Hall, Hampton, Couch, Dickson or miss out on the tremendous value in the forward premiums (don't make me list them we already know them).

Each to their own

This is my prefered option for getting Greene in also.

Anyone been keeping a close eye on Shiel in his 2 games so far? Is he up to AFL level? Will he start pumping out big scores sooner rather than later?

My other option is downgrading 1 of my premium mids to him. But thats a pretty ballsy move. A rookie that averages 100ppg is hard to ignore though.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!

I have picked saad and mckenzie from the crows and i need to trade one out to get kennedy from gws.

Which one to trade out?????!!!!!!?????!!!!!

I expect a few rookies to debut this week

Couch, L.Neale, M.Newman and maybe K.Stevens/Brennan as well depending on how many the eagles rest this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back