Test Series V The West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or is Warner playing more shots in this test so far than he was in the 1dayers.
Just about every single ball he was playing his natural game an swinging the bat at it.
Yet in 1dayers he was letting heaps go through to keeper an also blocking.

Even good balls that he should be letting go or defending hes playing attacking shots to it.
Thats his natural game an how he should always play, try to change their game an it gets them in trouble.
Hope to see the aggressive Warner natural Warner playing 1dayers again in future.
Instead of the Warner that was told to play safe an boring.

Looks like Windies were playing for a draw from over 1 :(
Extremely defensive great patience from them though.

Harsh reality is one flat decks you need a great spinner or a mcgrath quality quick, we have a bunch of very solid quickies who can be devastating in the right conditions but the pitches they have had the last 6-8 games have been rare the last decade.

The advantage we do have is quicker scoring bats than the windies, the way you win these games is by scoring at 3.5+ an over and then hoping for a third innings meltdown.

In general terms though the team has looked very flat and slack since the end of the Adelaide test, we basically were sleep walking through the home and windies one day series.

The parts of the match that I have seen have felt pretty flat. I was hoping it was just that I missed the exciting stuff. The bowlers haven't really seemed 'at' the batsmen if you know what I mean.

Is it just me or is Warner playing more shots in this test so far than he was in the 1dayers.
Just about every single ball he was playing his natural game an swinging the bat at it.
Yet in 1dayers he was letting heaps go through to keeper an also blocking.

Even good balls that he should be letting go or defending hes playing attacking shots to it.
Thats his natural game an how he should always play, try to change their game an it gets them in trouble.
Hope to see the aggressive Warner natural Warner playing 1dayers again in future.
It's not just you and this is nothing new. In tests (and probably T20's) he's just batting (in T20's he's generally going harder though), whereas in ODI's he seems to be batting for time (ie. trying to bat through the innings and it completely changes his approach.)

Looked like a world of bad habits had crept back in with so much wide s**t but I have to applaud the windies players for their patience. It's good to know that they have it in them. Shiv of course is a very patient batsman.

Agreed. Harro and Siddle were passable. Not at their best by any stretch but still dangerous enough given the conditions. Hilf was shocking, he ended up with the best economy figures of the 3 pacemen, but that was primarily due to wide, Johnson-esque trash that their batsmen wisely just kept leaving. Lyon was pretty ineffective as well, as has already been mentioned.

Good effort from the Windies though. We've got our work cut out for us for the next 3 days.

Sammy bowling well. This is his type of pitch.

But I tend to think if there is no shot being offered, the advantage should go to the bowlers.

It's worth a thought regarding DRS. If they're not offering a shot, should it only have to make contact with the stumps (umpires call becomes non-existent)?

Watching it live, I didn't think it was out. Jagged back a mile though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back