The Advertiser - What a Newspaper

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Michelangelo Rucci... Shakes Head.

Am i the only one that Michelangelo Rucci infuriates with his obvious 1 eyed blas to Port Power?

Be it his columns in the paper or radio show, any chance he gets to take a jab at the Crows or point out where and why Port Power do something 'well' sh!ts me to tears.

Use this thread to posts your anger towards this man.

Dont bother. He enjoys it...

A prominent figure in the Adelaide media showing their preference for one club over the other Adelaide club?

Shocking!

Chris Dittmar and Rucci are 2.

The thing that shits me though is hes our chief football writer and he shows this blatent bias. If he was just a columnist or the like no problems. But the top dog, not very professional.

Anyone remember triple j having a little segment talking about the rivalry between the Crows and Port before the final in 05? Rucci represented the Port camp and there was a Crows fan living in Melbourne representing the rebel alliance. I can't remember too much of what was said, but I remember Rucci saying we were 'club by name, corporation by nature' and the Crows fan saying Port fans were fairweather supporters and how the Crows full slogan was 'The team for all South Australians with their own teeth'.

Anyways, I guess as Rucci was talking as a Port fan not a member of the media he was pretty open about his dislike for the Crows, so after I heard that I knew exactly where he stood and took all his articles with a grain of salt. Actually I think he usually does a pretty good job of hiding his bias.

He has had more digs at our club than other writers in the cowtiser put together. He isnt really biased. You just have not grown up in a world where something positive is written about port Adelaide in Adelaide media.

Just think about all the biased media towards the crowd in this state. There are not many media identities that call it how it is with the crows. They just love to say 'We'(crows) 'They'(power) alot.

Can we delete this thread please? We should be copying nothing from Port and that includes the bitching from the Port Board.

He has had more digs at our club than other writers in the cowtiser put together. He isnt really biased. You just have not grown up in a world where something positive is written about port Adelaide in Adelaide media.

Just think about all the biased media towards the crowd in this state. There are not many media identities that call it how it is with the crows. They just love to say 'We'(crows) 'They'(power) alot.

Rooch flat out trolls us. I remember one showdown his roast was a half or even full page crow troll fest. It pissed us off, but can you imagine your board if it was cornsey or someone having a go at you lot? Thered be 20 threads on it and theyd still be open.

Rooch has a go at you, but in a disgruntled supporter fashion. He does it to us for fun and out of hate. Hes even written ridiculous port power motivational pieces, like "the crows will win the next 10 showdowns cuz port are crap", which port hung on the wall and proceeded to win the next showdown.

Other writers and radio commentators are careful not to put port down in general, however, you've had on and off field struggles big time, sorry but theyre going to mention it a little bit.

Over the years we had mark naley hang s**t on us in the mail, and had to put up with our former captain writing drivel about the crows in an attempt to be edgy. Im not sure many crows supporters enjoy g cornes. Theres plenty of pprt reps on radio.

In the end, the media in sa (and in general) is full of flogs, and hack journos. Some go for crows, some go for power. Deal with it. I dont read it anymore, not sure why anyone would.

Am i the only one that Michelangelo Rucci infuriates with his obvious 1 eyed blas to Port Power?

Be it his columns in the paper or radio show, any chance he gets to take a jab at the Crows or point out where and why Port Power do something 'well' sh!ts me to tears.

Use this thread to posts your anger towards this man.

He laid a few blows on us when he was a guest host on the "back page" recently. Enjoyed kicking the crows with a national audience watching. He was loving it.... hates the crows! Wish Billy Birmingham laid him out then quoting "Got him yes, **** off your out!"

Don't feed the ego.........

He does his job well, that is to get people to read his s**t to generate advertising revenue. It aint journalism.

However, I don't mind him on the radio. Even when he does use FiveAA as a vehicle to start a story he can feed off all week. Reece family lol.

You too are most welcome with your input into this thread. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys call it powertiser, we call it crowtiser, I just call it crap !

I've pretty much always called it the crapertiser. Even said that to a survey person who rang me about why I didn't read it and would I be interested to in future.

Explained that when they stopped being a tabloid and became a newspaper again I might consider it.

See Bernie Vince "incident", if this was related to Port Rucci would not have even bothered with it.

I call rubbish. It would have been a story no doubt. Check out the Port board and their angst about the dust up between Trengove and whoever it was making press for weeks and weeks.

Advertiser is just useless.

Even the Australian is getting that way. Check out some of the rubbish Wayne Smith has been writing on the cricket!

I call rubbish. It would have been a story no doubt. Check out the Port board and their angst about the dust up between Trengove and whoever it was making press for weeks and weeks.

Advertiser is just useless.

Even the Australian is getting that way. Check out some of the rubbish Wayne Smith has been writing on the cricket!
Ahh, maybe I am showing my age but I do recall when Adelaide was a two paper town and the Advertiser was a good newspaper.
Nowadays we have Murdochtisers all over the country.

The fluff pieces that are written on both clubs, (petrenko next rioli ?) just to fill the back pages, is embarrassing!

He was actually quoting Malcolm Blight who said it about Petrenko. And Blight has shown next to no love since, for the club he coached to 2 flags, so I wouldn't see his comments as favouritism towards us. That was his objective view watching Petrenko from afar. But I too thought it was far fetched.

He was actually quoting Malcolm Blight who said it about Petrenko. And Blight has shown next to no love since, for the club he coached to 2 flags, so I wouldn't see his comments as favouritism towards us. That was his objective view watching Petrenko from afar. But I too thought it was far fetched.

Blighty has always been one to throw from left field so that comment while i agree was a touch overboard was Malcolm all over.

Ahh, maybe I am showing my age but I do recall when Adelaide was a two paper town and the Advertiser was a good newspaper.
Nowadays we have Murdochtisers all over the country.

I'm old enough to remember that too !! I haven't bought an advertiser for nearly a year now (as much to do with the phone hacking scandal in the UK and Murdoch's control over news as it was for Rucci's Rubbish). Plenty of other sources out there for World, Local and Footy news! as they say... if you don't like it, don't read it and I have voted with my $1.10 per day.

I personally use indaily (if anything) for news. Go look for independent news weekly/daily and you should find and be able to subscribe to it. Nice little email in the inbox for free. Most key news stories get a paragraph or two of coverage. If I want more specific detail I go looking elsewhere. If I want footy stuff.. well I just come here and wiat for the links to be posted ;)

Yeah, blog sites and twitter are the only place to get timely news and considered opinion IMO. As the technology improves, I believe that more and more people will join me in not bothering with the majority of MSM at all.

For example, how good would it be if a group of three former coaches/assistant coaches started a website where they analysed each game in the style of an AFL club match review and then published the review (in a mangable form for the punter) for subscribers. How many of us would leap at the chance to get expert analysis? That kind of thing could only happen outside MSM because critiquing players is just not done.

A slow death for an outdated distribution model IMO. But I digress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back