Injury Nick Salter onto LTI List

Remove this Banner Ad

Port have put Nick Salter on the Long Term Injury list but haven't named a replacement yet.

Tommy Jonas would have to be a chance.

CSI currently scouring over his daily routine for black cats, overhanging ladders and broken mirrors. Had 3TF/HFF stamped all over him when he burst on the scene, hasn't had a thing go right since.

Aug 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember sitting on the wing when he took that big grab and drilled a goal from about 55 out against the saints in his first game thinking this guy looks the goods... Ah what could have been.

Jonas a chance for sure.

Would think at this stage in the pecking order of Rookies it would be:

Jonas > Webb > Irons imo.

Just depends on which one fills more of a gap, would probably suggest Jonas would at the moment.

In saying that, we dont need to promote anyone.

b0ydman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I bat for my own team
Remember sitting on the wing when he took that big grab and drilled a goal from about 55 out against the saints in his first game thinking this guy looks the goods... Ah what could have been.

Etihad
yep, was there too
he was then knocked out
if only westhoof or stewart showed half the committment of him as a forward (or even 1/3rd of the committment of wingard as a small)
sliding doors player if ever i saw one
the club didn't do good by him
Podsiadly proves there may still be life in his legs
wont be with us though

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Poor bugger... I really thought he had what it took to be a good lead up forward, but alas Laidley casted him as defender.

Sad to say, but I think we need to let him go a the end of 2012 (or contract)... unless some miracle happens.

Honeyboy Wilson

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Salts is a fantastic player and it's a goddamn shame we've wasted his talents in the backline. His injuries have also been awful for him.

I hope he has the mental toughness to keep fighting, cos he is an AFL quality forward.

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Salts is a fantastic player and it's a goddamn shame we've wasted his talents in the backline. His injuries have also been awful for him.

I hope he has the mental toughness to keep fighting, cos he is an AFL quality forward.

Agreed!

I know a bloke who works at the Eagles and he can't believe we play Salter back. Reckons he's about the most natural forward in the SANFL and probably the best kick for goal as well...

Poor bugger... I really thought he had what it took to be a good lead up forward, but alas Laidley casted him as defender.

Sad to say, but I think we need to let him go a the end of 2012 (or contract)... unless some miracle happens.

Had a chat with him back at the club after one of our losses late last year and asked him whose idea it was, he said it was actually Chocolate who first floated the notion.

sucks that he is hurt, however I dont see him being in the top 9 forwards at the club and as such just dont see where he fits in our future plans

9?

191cm forward who can contest in the air and the ground with a 50m+ set shot accuracy as good as anyone who's walked through the doors? Would probably be just ahead of Webb... Probably.

Port have put Nick Salter on the Long Term Injury list but haven't named a replacement yet......
No real need to is there? We promoted Pfeiffer but aren't playing him, why name another? I imagine if we need to later in the year the promotion can come then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craps me off Nick has never had the chance to be a lead up forward for us. Sure, he may not have made it, but was going to be the best option for him to make it rather than a defender.

As for being the 9th best forward on our list.... weird comment that one!

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Cue FrankSpencerClone entering the thread to claim that Salter could have been better than Tredrea (just like Lockwood and Damon White were! Not sure of his opinion on Tony Thurston).

But yeah, he's orright.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was Hitchy on the LTI list? Does that mean they can just swap the two?
Yeah, IIRC Hitchy was on the LTI. If that is the case its just a swap and no new places have opened up.

Peck

Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best
Very disappointed to hear this. Love the way Salts goes about it, and hopefully he can come back from this injury and provide some strong rebound from the back 50. Perhaps he is too tall to come in with Paul Stewart in the side, but I expect he will find a position somewhere, as he can really play every position on the ground.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Bring in the Webb need some tall versitility

Or Jonas or Irons for that matter

Also, you want a third key tall that plays in the fev mould

Callum Wilson, is younger, taller and would still be on the WCE if it wasn't that they were all jelly for darling

will be 24(?) by the end of next year when Salter's contract is up we delist him and late pick in ND or rookie Wilson and by that stage (if he isn't picked up in this years draft) he would've kicked 120-150 SANFL goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back