Minecraft The World - Original BF MC Server

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, cancel all that :)

Mission accomplished.

After hours of looking at this :
20120409013715.png

... as I nudged the fat-nosed bastard from 1880/1050 to 320/320 ... I am happy to report that Mr & Mr Testi have finally met (over the internet) and are now shacked up at the Berryton Detention Centre :
20120409015730.png

No issue as yet, but I was watching them intently with a box of Kleenex handy. They may have had stage fright.

So the guide blocks have all been removed and the entirety of my subway system is again safely traversible :thumbsu: (including a looong new line that goes out east from Mullcatraz - take rail from Mullcatraz to Shorn Pennery and then the fork that doesn't go downhill.

Feel free to bring a minecart (there are some at stations but not all that many) and have a bit of a tour!
themet.png

Edit: I note that DaCheezball has put down the foundations for the New Crackton-Rum Valley link, and Scooter had spoken of connecting his new area with New Crackton (it's possibly HBK is intending to, as well). So the network continues to grow. Cheez I'm mighty honoured that you have used my styling for the tunnels, including even the 5x5x3 corner room! Aww shucks!

Also amused by some chunk glitches I have (almost) run into recently:
20120328015900.png

20120328015607.png

Based on your long bridge, either Bastow Manor or Bolangum Inn.

Probably Bastow Manor. To get there, follow your bridge to the "Toll gate", then follow my boardwalk past our shared island ;) , then when on the mainland, take the right-hand fork that leads to New Crackton.

Inside Bastow Manor, downstairs to where the bed / chest is, then through the door and downstairs again, to get to the rail station. (Further downstairs is a played-out abandoned mine).

In case anyone cares, the name is taken from the Commodore 64 adventure/puzzle game : The Secret Of Bastow Manor
Secret_of_Bastow_Manor_ingame.gif

Cool, I'll check it out and get a rail station going on my island then connect with a tunnel.

Love those old games, "What now?" Climb gate "You can't do that", Climb Wall "It's too high", Break down gate "I don't understand break?".

Probably makes more sense to go

^ Bartel
|
|Me <-- Sam <-- Scooter
|
V Viper

Me and Viper sort of havea mini rail between our places but I doubt it will be of any use.

If youve seen my walkway to Scooters etc theres now a staircase coming off the corner area which leads to Sams :thumbsu: its kind of at right angles to mine and scooters places.

I have seen that ... had no idea where it went!

Boy, did Mirakzul and I lay the track down last night! Linked to a station halfway along his bridge, and Hellbourne for your info track now goes to that door with the obsidian through it, while powered rail goes a bit further. I think we're looking at only 150 to 200 track, and 7ish powereys to go.

Rail link to the Mushroom Island is complete, consisting of a new set of rail approximately 1800 blocks in length. Feel free to come visit, just don't let the animals out of the tree!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I jumped on the other day but had no idea what to do. Last time I started on the server it took me ages to gather materials to build a basic house. -facepalm-

I might get on tonight.

One other question what texture packs do you guys use?

I had a couple extra days off work this week after Easter and with Mobben's help, managed to do a few things that I had been planning awhile.

2012-04-09_165601.png

This is a pic of the Mid-Ocean Station in construction on the new rail line to the Mushroom Kingdom.

2012-04-10_141624.png

Subway Station in the Giant Tree.

2012-04-10_141742.png

Last pieces of rail being laid, all finished.

2012-04-11_022617.png

The beginning of the Mushroom Village, Mobben was talking about his locked up Villagers, so I figured I'd give it a shot setting up a Village.

2012-04-11_032759.png

Breeding villagers in Mobben's Battery Farm.

2012-04-11_041331.png

Extra doors is the key, now we have more!

2012-04-11_052405.png

Pushing the villagers the approx 2400 blocks to my island via the rail network.

2012-04-11_054401.png

Mobben sniffing the Villagers, quarantine purposes I'm sure.

2012-04-11_055817.png

The moment that Adam & Eve (Adam 2) decided to hook up!

2012-04-11_055842.png

Success!

2012-04-11_070848.png

Current Population, steadily increasing so I'd assume its higher now!

2012-04-11_071015.png

View from the nearby hill of the Mushroom Village.

Lots more to do including finishing those walls from the other day!

Hehe nice rundown Hellbourne. :thumbsu:

The magic of moving villagers : get them into a minecart and 99% of the work is done.

That mushroom village is sooooo cute. It's like from the Wishing Chair of the Faraway Tree or something.

I died, had afk'd in a rush and something happened, at my jungle tree farm. So took advantage of my new cleanliness to go to spawn and make a VERY rudimentary hut right next to the spawn area. Then went helped Hellbourne without any armour or tools lol.

He extended my detention centre ... which I am labelling "Dunera", then I helped him move a couple of the new additions.

Then I died again. I wanted the night to be symmetrical.

I don't use a texture pack. Ruins the entire concept for me.
What concept? The game looking like s**t, pfffft.

Sphax PureBDCraft keeps the 'Minecraft' feel, but just makes everything look so much better. Cleaner, crisper, more intuitive and far easier to tell things apart.

You can't tell me you'd rather this:
Cobblestone.png

Than this:
cobblestone_128.png

Surely?

Or hell, Clay, the one where if it's underwater is next to impossible to tell without standing right over it.
clay_block.png

Or the more intuitive and infinitely easier to identify:
blockclay_128.png

Once you go Sphax, you won't want to go bax.;)

Mods MAKE Minecraft.

The cobble is ok I guess, doesn't make me wanna change though.

Each to their own, but even if there is a texture pack that will someday grab my attention, it definitely won't be one with clay that looks like that LOL :p
The block in isolation does look terrible, I wouldn't use it as decoration or anything.

But you put it under water linking up with Sand and it mixes brilliantly, it's visible and instantly noticeable as clay. Then once you destroy the block, you get the blobs of clay from the block.

I suggest you take a look at the pack:
http://bdcraft.net/download-texturepacks-mods-skins-and-more

Go over to the right of the page to get a rundown of what every block, item, mob, etc. etc. looks like. It's not a total difference from Minecraft, which is why I like it. It just makes everything look...better, cleaner and smarter.

For example, my tree leaf room above my 2 chest rooms, looks absolutely abhorrent in regular Minecraft.

But using Sphax's:
foliage_128.png

foliage2_128.png

And you get a case of the incredibly awesomes.
20120210164629.png

Seriously, take a look at how terrible it looks with standard texture pack compared to that.

Looking through that I reckon Grass, Monster Spawner, Wolf Angry and Magma Cube are better with the texture pack (Monster Spawner looks awesome I'll admit), while the rest are worse or break even. The animals and mobs I just can't apreciate at all, and I think the paintings say a lot about the series as a whole. But whatever takes your fancy ... we don't have to watch it through each others' textures so no matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back