GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey fellas

Rocbank football club are looking for a game for this Saturday happy to play at home or travel away as our opponent pulled out pm me if any team is avaible cjers

Bell Post Hill 2.50 Thomson 4.50 Werribee Centrals 5.00 East Geelong 5.50 Bannockburn 10.00 Inverleigh 13.00 Anakie 26.00 North Geelong 34.00 Belmont 61.00 Winchelsea 61.00 Corio 61.00 g west 101

Sportsbet odds as at 15/3/12.

Todays local footy feature in the Addy has the teams predicted in this order, anyone think it is fairly accurate (apart from having no 9th team......?) or could there be a few moving up or swapping? The top 3 teams look solid but after that it could be an interesting year in the GDFL with maybe 6 or 7 teams aiming for 5th.

1 Bell Post Hill
2 East Geelong
3 Werribee
4 Thomson
5 Inverleigh
6 Anakie
7 North Geelong
8 Belmont / Bannockburn (must be predicting a draw?)
9 - ?
10 Corio
11 Winchelsea
12 West

I think Inverleigh have to fall away after losing a couple of guns and by the sound of it not doing a huge amount of recruiting, North Geelong and Bannockburn both had abberations in their years last year, expect both to perform more strongly this year and I think Belmont should continue their improvement and challenge for 5th with their recruits.

Bell Post Hill 2.50 Thomson 4.50 Werribee Centrals 5.00 East Geelong 5.50 Bannockburn 10.00 Inverleigh 13.00 Anakie 26.00 North Geelong 34.00 Belmont 61.00 Winchelsea 61.00 Corio 61.00 g west 101

Sportsbet odds as at 15/3/12.

Todays local footy feature in the Addy has the teams predicted in this order, anyone think it is fairly accurate (apart from having no 9th team......?) or could there be a few moving up or swapping? The top 3 teams look solid but after that it could be an interesting year in the GDFL with maybe 6 or 7 teams aiming for 5th.

1 Bell Post Hill
2 East Geelong
3 Werribee
4 Thomson
5 Inverleigh
6 Anakie
7 North Geelong
8 Belmont / Bannockburn (must be predicting a draw?)
9 - ?
10 Corio
11 Winchelsea
12 West

I'll have a go at what i think,

1. BPH - Still strong, very committed team and well drilled
2. Thomson - Had some good players last year and underacheived IMO - picked up well this year.
3. Bannockburn - Picked up really well, also under achieved last year
4. East - Might drop off the pace a little, couple of big outs, some good ins though
5. Belmont - Gut feeling they will go well
6. Werribee - Lost a few young guns, and a couple of experienced ones.
7/8 Inverleigh/North - Inva lost too many, no real pick ups - North Re building.
9. Corio - Might do better, but havent heard much noise out that way.
10/11/12 - Raffle it. Probably Anakie to finish above West and Winch

I may be way off the pace here but just my thoughts, Very confident with Bannockburn to finish top 5 if not 3. Andrew Challis will win the League B&F - Hopefully i can quote this at the end of the year.

IMO East very good odds at 5.5 - Considering only lost 2-3 from Senior side but handy pick ups through GFL and returning players..

I'll have a go at what i think,

1. BPH - Still strong, very committed team and well drilled
2. Thomson - Had some good players last year and underacheived IMO - picked up well this year.
3. Bannockburn - Picked up really well, also under achieved last year
4. East - Might drop off the pace a little, couple of big outs, some good ins though
5. Belmont - Gut feeling they will go well
6. Werribee - Lost a few young guns, and a couple of experienced ones.
7/8 Inverleigh/North - Inva lost too many, no real pick ups - North Re building.
9. Corio - Might do better, but havent heard much noise out that way.
10/11/12 - Raffle it. Probably Anakie to finish above West and Winch

I may be way off the pace here but just my thoughts, Very confident with Bannockburn to finish top 5 if not 3. Andrew Challis will win the League B&F - Hopefully i can quote this at the end of the year.

Everybody will have a different opion but I cant see werribee finishing 6 with belmont ahead of them. I think anakie/banno will be pushing for the 5th spot
My ladder
1 bph
2 werribee
3 east
4 thompson
5 banno
6 anakie
7 inver
8 nth
9 belmont
10 winch
11 corio
12 west
I dont think challis will win the bnf he cant win the hard ball and dosnt liked to be tagged. i will go with jimmy hybens from inver

With bph losing jovannavich and grgic. (non playing coach this year) my tip is.
1.east
2.werribee
3.bph
4.thomson
5. bannockburn
league bnf cant go past luke forbes.

Hi, Can anyone give me some infomation on James Hobbs played at North Shore?? He has put a clearance into my club in Gippsland, Heyfield.

Is he tall/small?? Defender/Midfielder/Forward?? Play/Not play??

I looked at sportingpulse but it doesnt really give you an indication as to the type of player as you dont know if players train etc or where they played.

Thanks in advance

Should probably ask in the gfl thread. Nth shore play in that league and you might get a response there. This is a gdfl thread. Diff leagues. Good luck

With bph losing jovannavich and grgic. (non playing coach this year) my tip is.
1.east
2.werribee
3.bph
4.thomson
5. bannockburn
league bnf cant go past luke forbes.

Pffft.... Jovannavich retires every year ..! He will play, may not to start with but will eventually ..

Hi, Can anyone give me some infomation on James Hobbs played at North Shore?? He has put a clearance into my club in Gippsland, Heyfield.

Is he tall/small?? Defender/Midfielder/Forward?? Play/Not play??

I looked at sportingpulse but it doesnt really give you an indication as to the type of player as you dont know if players train etc or where they played.

Thanks in advance

Small defender, very good overhead, foot skill are good/OK.

Pretty tough, smart footballer.

Came 2nd or 3rd in Bannockburns B and F a few years back when they made finals.

Hasnt had a proper season in a couple of seasons because of work.

Good fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 this week, my tips are..

Corio by 20pts
Bell post hill - Just
Inverleigh by 10 pts
East Geelong by 8 goals
Thomson by 40 pts
Anakie

Thoughts?

Round 1

Corio over winch by 45
BPH to beat werribee by 2
Bannock over inver by 15
East by 55 over north
Thomson by 15 against belmont
Anakie to beat west by 60

corio winch game been shifted apparently?

Corio by 25
Werribee by 30
Inverleigh by 20
East by 90
Thomson by 60
Anakie by 45

Round 1 this week, my tips are..

Corio by 20pts
Bell post hill - Just
Inverleigh by 10 pts
East Geelong by 8 goals
Thomson by 40 pts
Anakie

Thoughts?

Corio by 40. Winch in trouble this year
Weribee by 18. Gaps been closed with the departure of the twin talls (Grgic jovanich)
Inverleigh by 30. The loss of peel may hurt but kept most of young core group
East by 50. East added a bit more quality and will be a force again this year.
Thomson by 40. Will Thomson be competitive with the teams Above them more the question.
Anakie by 70. New coach new discipline or same old for the Roos? Hopefully Geelong west can prove a few doubters wrong

Corio by 40. Winch in trouble this year
Weribee by 18. Gaps been closed with the departure of the twin talls (Grgic jovanich)
Inverleigh by 30. The loss of peel may hurt but kept most of young core group
East by 50. East added a bit more quality and will be a force again this year.
Thomson by 40. Will Thomson be competitive with the teams Above them more the question.
Anakie by 70. New coach new discipline or same old for the Roos? Hopefully Geelong west can prove a few doubters wrong

Great 1st round. Biggest surprise being North Geelong. Are they anygood or what? Other game produced what we expected. Anybody head to any games?

Great 1st round. Biggest surprise being North Geelong. Are they anygood or what? Other game produced what we expected. Anybody head to any games?

I don't think anybody would've predicted north to beat east. Were east missing a few players or has north stepped up a gear?
I would think werribee would be dissapointed with the result. Going by the quarter by quarter scores it looks as though the panthers superior fitness got them over the line just as it did numerous times last year. The small size of galvin park may hurt the centrals again this year as they seem to struggle on the bigger grounds and you don't get any bigger than st albans.
Good performance by banno to get up.
Anakie v west went to script.
Corio won the game as expected although had to do it from behind against winch.

It was a great rd 1 and rd 2 should be a cracker. I think the GDFL should look at doing the fixture like the GFL. In the GDFL its a rolling draw. In the GFL the lower teams play each other twice and the top teams playing each other twice.
Rd 2 games
Anakie v thomson. looking forward to this game I think anakie will push for finals. great test for the roos
Winch v west. 2 teams that would be looking for a early win
werribee v east. both teams looking to bounce back. The loser of this game may have some question marks over there heads
Nth v Inver. Nth was the big shock from rd 1
Banno v corio. both had wins in rd 1
Belmont v bph. good test for belmont

I see Blue West got over Winch, and did it quite well, they would be happy!

Centrals result was suprising, esp on past players day. would have been uncomfortable in the rooms afterwards...

thomson v BPH will be a belter this week...

Centrals result was suprising, esp on past players day. would have been uncomfortable in the rooms afterwards...
thomson v BPH will be a belter this week...

Certainly would have. Couldn't quite believe the margin when I was told on the Sunday. I wouldn't write the Centurions off just yet.

According to one of their key players this is the apparently the best team Werribee have assembled ever. That's a pretty big wrap so it will be interesting to see how they respond.

It's fair to say belting up on the middle of the table and bottom teams wont cut it; they'll look forward to meeting BPH and East again later in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back